New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

It's not on the Zeppelin YouTube account...and it was uploaded 3.5 years ago, so I'd say don't read too much into it.

Look at this thread title that Sam posted this video in. Now please stop being a kill joy and enjoy the new year.

If the pattern sticks, it means any day now Amazon will prematurely post a listing for the box sets, an then take it down again. I

'm very excited for PG. I believe the PG companion disk approach will let us know how the remastering program is dealing with previously issued outtakes. If every PG track has a companion version then I don't think it bodes too well for Coda. If the companion disk is only for the tracks fro the PG sessions, then Coda could be interesting!

Regardless, Im very excited to hear the remasters of the original PG tracks.

My mistake! I first watched it on my smartphone and I thought it was uploaded by Led Zeppelin. Now that I see that it's not, my comment sounds foolish :wacko: I'll save my optimism for a later date. I apologize, thanks for pointing that out Pujols!

Besides Sam's posting here, Led Zeppelin Official posted it on FB this morning. I think it's more than ok to be optimistic.

I only just bought I and III, now another one to buy?? waaaaaaaaaah, I need to get another job ;-)

I CANNOT WAIT for the release of the PG boxset, defo a must-have as it's my fav album from my fav Zeppelin era...

That site is just taking an educated guess, most likely right though. It doesn't take an academic to work out that the PG re-release will obviously be released on it's "Birthday" as has been the intention all along right from the initial anouncement of this reissue campaign two and a quarter years ago.

To pat myself on the back, I think I was the first one to raise (in June or July, when I noticed Feb 24th was a Tuesday) the possibility of PG releasing on its anniversary.

Only in the last few months has there been a lot of traction for this idea, with some saying with certainty that it will happen in February, and that Presence would not be released with it. Part of it is fueled by Page's semi answer to an interview question. When queried if the release would coincide with the anniversary, Jimmy said, I believe, something like "maybe. Good sleuthing." That's equivocal, of course.

I don't really know either way, and I don't know why Presence would not be released with it, except to perhaps make the last collection a little sexier.

Yes, the gap between announcement and release has been about three months. And, while we only have one instance of a release followed by announcement of the following release (the first three followed by fourth album and HOTH), that gap was less than two months (June 3 to, what, July 28th or something?). We're at two months now.

Trying to read the Zeppelin tea leaves....

Actually, I think I may have brought it up originally and you may have agreed to it Pujols as you said it made sense. I don't feel like backtracking for this now, but may look over the weekend. Any way, I think it was one of us. Will check out the TUF video shortly and I'm sure this was put out for the upcoming release of PG. I'm quite certain PG will be released on its' anniversary as I think JP may have mentioned doing this in an interview a few months back. Perhaps, my memory is not what it used to be. I don't know as I thought JP mentioned releasing PG on it's 40th. Getting past your 40's now...the memory can play tricks at times. I have a reat long term memory, but more recent things can be different at times. Probably, not that way for you Pujols as you're probably a lot younger...but just guessing! Anyway, looking forward to these remasters and extras of my favorite album of all time!!!!

Actually, I think I may have brought it up originally and you may have agreed to it Pujols as you said it made sense. I don't feel like backtracking for this now, but may look over the weekend. Any way, I think it was one of us. Will check out the TUF video shortly and I'm sure this was put out for the upcoming release of PG. I'm quite certain PG will be released on its' anniversary as I think JP may have mentioned doing this in an interview a few months back. Perhaps, my memory is not what it used to be. I don't know as I thought JP mentioned releasing PG on it's 40th. Getting past your 40's now...the memory can play tricks at times. I have a reat long term memory, but more recent things can be different at times. Probably, not that way for you Pujols as you're probably a lot younger...but just guessing! Anyway, looking forward to these remasters and extras of my favorite album of all time!!!!

43 now, SuperDave. :)

Reading the new MOJO magazine over the weekend & it gave the PG release date as 23rd February with a comment that the track listing was 'unavailable at time of going to print'.

I'd imagine we'll get the announcement this week at some point although I have stopped smoking crack this week so I wouldn't pay much attention to me.

cant be right, deluxe box for £20 and 3 discs unless the album comes in a box?

if we preorder now do we get a box set for amazons low price deal?

seems deluxe is priced at £130!

Yes, Amazon will honour the lowest price as part of its pre-order guarantee.

cant be right, deluxe box for £20 and 3 discs unless the album comes in a box?

if we preorder now do we get a box set for amazons low price deal?

seems deluxe is priced at £130!

Why not, three CDs for twenty two quid is about right, in a box as well good idea to protect the flimsy die-cut sleeve. I already have a replica sleeve PG that I keep it in a plastic box that had CD envelopes in it.

Archived