New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

When I say I would, as well as many others, like to see something new from our guys - I don't neccessarily

mean a "reunited" Zepplein. Jimmy can release new material like he's been promising for years.

Robert has been doing a tremendous job releasing new stuff since 1981 so he gets it.

John Paul Jones and Jason can do rhythm tracks for Jimmy, and they may already have, to base his

guitar parts on. Basically it comes down to Jimmy. Jimmy calls Robert for vocal tracks, Robert shows up

and does his thing and drum and bass by JPJ and Jason. A simple afternoon of work by people who know

how to do it. Tea at 2:00pm. But for whatever reason - this simple task of making music has become a tedious,

labored, and un-realistic endeavor.

you''re assuming Jim has new music.there is no facts supporting any new material whatsoever. He's almost 70. Let it go already and find joy in an active artist. U can enjoy the past but leave it there. If u have not figured it out jimmy is one clever man, but everything he says or does is to promote keeping zeppelin alive.I've said it for years jimmy is done recording.

He's right though, it's a stupid thing to ask for

Stupid thing? Really? Stupid thing to ask for....man you guys are so negative.

Give me a break - that's like saying it would be stupid to get up in the morning and actually do something

with your life.

I find it difficult to be polite when people are blind to reality.

Whose "reality"? Yours? Since when have you determined what our reality is and why

would you be polite to only those who see that reality "your way"?

You mind your reality and we will mind ours - and I for one will try and respect whomever

no matter what their reality is.

Plus anything new would never compare t what they did in those 12 years,it was a whole different time plus Roberts voice has changed for one

Might have been harsh -- your reply perplexes me -- but people need to understand something: Led Zeppelin (proper) died along with John Bonham in 1980. They will never again tour, and never record new music together -- not as "Led Zeppelin," at least. That ship has long since sailed.

I agree!

HDtracks doesn't seem crazy, since Celebration Day was released there (albeit 24/48). Assumedly, the remasters might show up there, if the sales of Celebration Day were strong enough to warrant that. (I'd also be happy with such a hi-res format [or even 24/96] on a DVD or BR.)

Stupid thing? Really? Stupid thing to ask for....man you guys are so negative.

Give me a break - that's like saying it would be stupid to get up in the morning and actually do something

with your life.

No -- it's a stupid thing to ask for because it isn't going to happen, and is annoying when repeated ad nauseam.

Whose "reality"? Yours? Since when have you determined what our reality is and why

would you be polite to only those who see that reality "your way"?

You mind your reality and we will mind ours - and I for one will try and respect whomever

no matter what their reality is.

I need to stop letting you get on my nerves...it would be easier if you stopped increasing the size of your text!

I'm not using "reality" in any sort of metaphysical way, but talking about the truth surrounding the band's dynamics: In recent years, it seems that they've corresponded mostly through intermediaries. The connection that once was just doesn't exist anymore...not in the same organic way in which it once did, at least. Why anyone would want them to force a relationship is beyond me...

Jason remarked (around the time that Celebration Day was released) that Robert told him that he could not replace his father; even more recently, Jimmy's manager posted to Reddit saying that "Honestly, my gut tells me they won't [tour or play together again]." Hear me clearly: I'm not saying that they won't get together again, but it will not be Led Zeppelin. That ship has sailed away...

No -- it's a stupid thing to ask for because it isn't going to happen, and is annoying when repeated ad nauseam.

I need to stop letting you get on my nerves...it would be easier if you stopped increasing the size of your text!

I'm not using "reality" in any sort of metaphysical way, but talking about the truth surrounding the band's dynamics: In recent years, it seems that they've corresponded mostly through intermediaries. The connection that once was just doesn't exist anymore...not in the same organic way in which it once did, at least. Why anyone would want them to force a relationship is beyond me...

Jason remarked (around the time that Celebration Day was released) that Robert told him that he could not replace his father; even more recently, Jimmy's manager posted to Reddit saying that "Honestly, my gut tells me they won't [tour or play together again]." Hear me clearly: I'm not saying that they won't get together again, but it will not be Led Zeppelin. That ship has sailed away...

Getting on your nerves....wow, hope you don't have any REAL adversity in your life if my meaningless viewpoint about

Zeppelin being artists and doing something, not getting back together - but SOMETHING ...how can that be so wrong and you

get so worked up?

I have my opinon, you're just getting too excited over it. Chill - this IS a Led Zeppelin forum last I looked so why can't we

get along and hope for the best - that our guys will do anything - like Robert has over the years. What so wrong with hoping?

If not - why doesn't Sam just shut this web site down. What's the point if people like me can't ask for something.

You used to be so hopeful and positive when you were young and living in the neighborhood - what happened?

I hope Jimmy fools us all and releases a great piece of work with original recordings and hopefully one day

releasing the infamous "Montreal Project" that he was working on prior to John's death. Now that would keep

his detractors here quiet! Including me!

Led Zeppelin have said that they are planning to re-release some remastered versions of their albums.

article-1351868926875-1586a504000005dc-1Led Zep guitarist Jimmy Page is reworking some of the band’s old albums (Picture: EPA)

Guitarist Jimmy Page said that the legendary rockers are planning to release the re-worked albums next year.

He also revealed that he is working on new tracks with the band that fans will get to hear in a series of box set releases, the first of which is scheduled for a 2013 release.

Of his plans for Led Zepplin’s music, Page told Mojo magazine: ‘There are a number of Led Zeppelin projects that will come out next year because there are different versions of tracks that we have that can be added to the album so there will be box sets of material that will come out, starting next year.

‘There will be one box set per album with extra music that will surface’.

Led Zeppelin have said that they are planning to re-release some remastered versions of their albums.

article-1351868926875-1586a504000005dc-1Led Zep guitarist Jimmy Page is reworking some of the band’s old albums (Picture: EPA)

Guitarist Jimmy Page said that the legendary rockers are planning to release the re-worked albums next year.

He also revealed that he is working on new tracks with the band that fans will get to hear in a series of box set releases, the first of which is scheduled for a 2013 release.

Of his plans for Led Zepplin’s music, Page told Mojo magazine: ‘There are a number of Led Zeppelin projects that will come out next year because there are different versions of tracks that we have that can be added to the album so there will be box sets of material that will come out, starting next year.

‘There will be one box set per album with extra music that will surface’.

I assume by 'new' tracks it just means alternate versions?

Getting on your nerves....wow, hope you don't have any REAL adversity in your life if my meaningless viewpoint about

Zeppelin being artists and doing something, not getting back together - but SOMETHING ...how can that be so wrong and you

get so worked up?

I have my opinon, you're just getting too excited over it. Chill - this IS a Led Zeppelin forum last I looked so why can't we

get along and hope for the best - that our guys will do anything - like Robert has over the years. What so wrong with hoping?

If not - why doesn't Sam just shut this web site down. What's the point if people like me can't ask for something.

You used to be so hopeful and positive when you were young and living in the neighborhood - what happened?

I just don't understand why you can be told, time and again, by the artists themselves that nothing is gonna' happen...and then you keep asking for it. It's asking to be disappointed.

I'm still young. :

We have to keep wishing and dreaming,that is all we can do

get so worked up?

We have to keep wishing and dreaming,that is all we can do

No -- we can be adults and realize that our fantasy isn't going to happen, so we should look forward to archival releases of material they actually recorded!

we can do that too,I wish Robert would play this summer a bit closer to me,maybe he will this fall as he seems to like the outdoor venues

No -- we can be adults and realize that our fantasy isn't going to happen, so we should look forward to archival releases of material they actually recorded!

I've never heard of the "Montreal Project" before. Do you have any details what it was about? Thanks.

I hope Jimmy fools us all and releases a great piece of work with original recordings and hopefully one day

releasing the infamous "Montreal Project" that he was working on prior to John's death. Now that would keep

his detractors here quiet! Including me!

Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Robert Plant are all in London today. Think they're having a meeting about the box sets? We know that they only agree on new release stuff face to face, and presumably they've had this day scheduled for a while since Robert has flown in specially. Also note the significance of the date today.

Cookie,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to keep us informed of developments. :thumbsup:

Jimmy is back in the studio this week, heard from multiple sources.

Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Robert Plant are all in London today. Think they're having a meeting about the box sets? We know that they only agree on new release stuff face to face, and presumably they've had this day scheduled for a while since Robert has flown in specially. Also note the significance of the date today.

they ought to release them like 3 at a time,similar to the way queen did last year.

and hell yes,i'll buy it,because it is LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That seems like a reasonable idea. Maybe I better hang on to that $50 amazon credit I have right now.

So what are we thinking? $40-$50 each or more like the Pink Floyd overdose immersion sets for $120? I have a hard time seeing what "extra" stuff there is to include that would make it that much. Of course, Jimmy could always include a reclaimed bootleg that represents the band at about the time the given album came out...?

So what are we thinking? $40-$50 each or more like the Pink Floyd overdose immersion sets for $120? I have a hard time seeing what "extra" stuff there is to include that would make it that much. Of course, Jimmy could always include a reclaimed bootleg that represents the band at about the time the given album came out...?

Everything is speculation at this point -- Jimmy originally said that the sets would focus on studio outtakes, but then flip-flopped and mentioned live tracks being included as well.

Past interviews have mentioned alternate takes and the like. We really have no clue as to what Jimmy still has in the archive.

As with everything Zeppelin, we'll have to wait and see until they're ready. We probably won't get fine details about these until they're just about to be released.

Archived