New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Insinuating that I'm hinting, thinking that I'm 'in the know', being secretive and you moaning about that being tiring is a great way to stop me posting in this thread at all.

Lol.

From the legal docs that I've seen, Pat is the official representative of the John Bonham estate when it comes to Led Zeppelin.

There we go! That's what I want -- here you've explained how you "know" what you know!

Lol.

There we go! That's what I want -- here you've explained how you "know" what you know!

Do I need to explain to you that sometimes I *can't* explain how I know things? I'm a journalist and I know full well the value of sharing, and sometimes protecting, sources. Sorry if you didn't comprehend this.

Do I need to explain to you that sometimes I *can't* explain how I know things? I'm a journalist and I know full well the value of sharing, and sometimes protecting, sources. Sorry if you didn't comprehend this.

Don't hide behind anything -- if you can't talk about something, don't talk about it. It's annoying as hell when people hold something over your head...

Oh, and it's Led Zeppelin, by the way, not bloody state secrets. The cloak-and-dagger routine has grown stale.

For what it's worth, the breadth of knowledge/information that you do let out is awesome, and I've loved (most) of your posts.

Don't hide behind anything -- if you can't talk about something, don't talk about it. It's annoying as hell when people hold something over your head...

Oh, and it's Led Zeppelin, by the way, not bloody state secrets. The cloak-and-dagger routine has grown stale.

Fine, if you want to boss people around, so be it. Will post updates over where people care about them (not here).

Fine, if you want to boss people around, so be it. Will post updates over where people care about them (not here).

Drama.

It's not that I dislike your updates -- when they're updates. But when you post something, then backpedal and can't (or won't) explain it...well, that's annoying.

Anyway, this has derailed the thread...what about those box-sets, eh?

Does anyone think these albums will come out this year ? I am to starting have doubts....

Peter Mensch: "Some of the reissued box sets will come out this year, but in the world of Led Zeppelin, time is a fungible thing. Hopefully will have a box set for Coda too. Depends on what's in the archives."

I guess we'll see LZI and LZII box sets released this year.

I am betting against them coming this year unless a couple make it Nov/Dec. I also heard Robert sold his interests in the group- years ago....not sure what interests. Why do people get so angry on these forums? Its jimmy vs Robert/unite-don't reunite....I get the passion for the group but, many of these ?'s we have very little say about. I posted that 07 was a nice ending on the group or 3/4 of the group's time on stage together ...no one has really gone out with a great performance and left it at that...to me it seemed classy but one would have thought I wanted Jimmy to front NSync or something. It may be the lack of emotional displays I was raised with I just don't see arguing about music or football but... remain in the minority. Everyone take out Celebration Day and enjoy it one more time-at least we got that in enough configurations to please everyone. As for 5.1- I agree I don't mind if it comes out but 2.0 should be an option for us poor folk that don't have it. Also if these boxes are like 100 USD a piece it's moot for some of us because Ill just be satisfied with my minilp cd set and hopefully a new car this year...not putting 1000-1500 into remasters of any kind unless they come and perform them out in the yard here in person.

Where you goin'? I wanna go too...there...where ever it is...where people care...yeah, that's me...I'm one of them...here or there...but please let me know where "there" is if you go. PM me if you will. Or reconsider going there because there are people here who care...though they may not be the ones with 15,000 posts.

As for 5.1- I agree I don't mind if it comes out but 2.0 should be an option for us poor folk that don't have it. Also if these boxes are like 100 USD a piece it's moot for some of us because Ill just be satisfied with my minilp cd set and hopefully a new car this year...not putting 1000-1500 into remasters of any kind unless they come and perform them out in the yard here in person.

I'm sure these box sets will be very similar to Pink Floyd's Why Pink Floyd? reissue campaign. For those who don't know about it:

Discovery: all studio albums remastered. Standard CD (2.0 stereo)

Experience: 2CD editions of three of their albums (The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall). First disc: remastered album (2.0 stereo). Second disc: live performances/outtakes

Immersion: 5-disc editions of the three albums. 2CD + 2DVD + Blu-ray. The DVD and Blu-ray contain 5.1 mixes of the albums and some unreleased footage.

This is exactly what I expect to see from Page (if not better). I don't think that all of the studio albums will be rereleased but LZI, LZII, LZIV, PG, and Presence will surely be.

Peter Mensch: "Some of the reissued box sets will come out this year, but in the world of Led Zeppelin, time is a fungible thing. Hopefully will have a box set for Coda too. Depends on what's in the archives."

I guess we'll see LZI and LZII box sets released this year.

It is the "fungible" part of Zeppelin time, that caused me to think this year might be a tad optimistic.

• 2 weeks later...

How about the unreleased multitrack recordings of Tangerine, Louie Louie, Thank You, and Communication Breakdown from June 25th 1972, the songs left off of How the West Was Won? Obviously Louie Louie might have a roadblock with the copyright issue, but I see no harm in Jimmy releasing the other tracks. I guess he's concerned with the fact that there's only a single performance for each, though he could just do like what he did with Celebration Day and be honest. I'd be VERY happy with a release of these performances :D

How about the unreleased multitrack recordings of Tangerine, Louie Louie, Thank You, and Communication Breakdown from June 25th 1972, the songs left off of How the West Was Won?

...If they exist. The other side of the coin is that parts (or the entirety) of at least some of those performances might not have been recorded. Unlikely, but possible. (I have to echo your desire.)

If Jimmy (et al.) don't release something from the Japan 1971 shows...I will be disappointed.

^Maybe the tracks don't sound so good? I don't know the disc times, maybe they just wouldn't fit nicely on the three discs and a fourth was too much?

The third disc was a lot shorter than the first two at about 45 minutes or something like that. The first two discs were over 60 minutes each or close to it, so there certainly was space to include, some of these tracks. But, I guess it doesn't really matter now, but would have been nice to have some of these included.

To be exact in order: 56, 53 and 40 minutes.

Tangerine, Louie Louie, Thank You and Communication Breakdown were encores and probably not recorded. I hope I'm wrong, though.

So was "Bring It on Home" -- I find it unlikely that song was recorded and the others weren't.

Archived