New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

As with everything Zeppelin, we'll have to wait and see until they're ready. We probably won't get fine details about these until they're just about to be released.

I suppose so. Waiting 5 years for the reunion show didn't kill me...I can wait semi-patiently for more official news I guess. :)

I suppose so. Waiting 5 years for the reunion show didn't kill me...I can wait semi-patiently for more official news I guess. :)

:P

"Zeppelin time" has been thrown around a few times...hopefully we won't be kept in the dark for much longer.

Everything is speculation at this point -- Jimmy originally said that the sets would focus on studio outtakes, but then flip-flopped and mentioned live tracks being included as well.

Past interviews have mentioned alternate takes and the like. We really have no clue as to what Jimmy still has in the archive.

As with everything Zeppelin, we'll have to wait and see until they're ready. We probably won't get fine details about these until they're just about to be released.

My guess is we'll get the details about each release 2-3 months prior. Just like with Celebration Day or ten years prior to that with the dvd and HTWWW. How they'll be released and in what incriments remains to be seen. One at a time or more....starting with the first album?...Don't know. I think two at a time, but not sure! Its not me making the decision then. But, I think that's probably the best way to do it.

Any ideas or thoughts on this?

My guess is we'll get the details about each release 2-3 months prior. Just like with Celebration Day or ten years prior to that with the dvd and HTWWW. How they'll be released and in what incriments remains to be seen. One at a time or more....starting with the first album?...Don't know. I think two at a time, but not sure! Its not me making the decision then. But, I think that's probably the best way to do it.

Any ideas or thoughts on this?

I'm assuming we'll get one or two at a time. If they follow the Celebration Day path, we might not hear about them until about a month before -- the teasing for Celebration Day pre-dated the theatrical release by about that much.

Has it been confirmed that the Gang of 3 actually met in London yesterday? I love the Mayday May 1st connection

but do we know for sure that they met and discussed the new Packages?

Also, would Jason be in on the decision making process regarding any Zep material being released to the market?

Speculation on ice is the drink of choice here at the Rumour Mill Pub... "Pour me 'nother Cookie!...and make it a double!"

Has it been confirmed that the Gang of 3 actually met in London yesterday? I love the Mayday May 1st connection

but do we know for sure that they met and discussed the new Packages?

Also, would Jason be in on the decision making process regarding any Zep material being released to the market?

Speculation on ice is the drink of choice here at the Rumour Mill Pub...

No confirmation at all, just makes sense seeing as Robert Plant flew into London, and JPJ has travelled here too at exactly the same. We know from interviews that they organise future release by holding face-to-face meetings.

Doubt Jason would be involved, he wasn't on any of the albums that are being re-released. Think he's in the US anyway.

No confirmation at all, just makes sense seeing as Robert Plant flew into London, and JPJ has travelled here too at exactly the same. We know from interviews that they organise future release by holding face-to-face meetings.

Doubt Jason would be involved, he wasn't on any of the albums that are being re-released. Think he's in the US anyway.

I wonder if the Bonham family has any input whatsoever. Surely they must.

I wonder if the Bonham family has any input whatsoever. Surely they must.

The estate have a say in releases, but I'm not sure who the designated representative is. My understanding is that if they don't send someone along, they don't get a say.

The estate have a say in releases, but I'm not sure who the designated representative is. My understanding is that if they don't send someone along, they don't get a say.

That would make perfect legal sense...The Bonham estate would have to have a say I would think...Jason is certainly old and wise enough to

sit in and give his family's consent or dis-sent on any release to market concerning Zeppelin. Even if he's in the US they can tele-conference and

it would be the same as if he's there in the room - unless it has to be a true "face to face" meeting.

Do you know, or is this assumption?

Do you know, or is this assumption?

Was I not clear?

I know that the estate have a say in releases.

I do not know who exactly has that say.

I understand that if they don't send someone along, they don't get a say.

Note that 'know' means I know for certain.

'do not know' means that I do not know.

'understand' means I have heard about this but do not know for certain.

Was I not clear?

[...]

You didn't use the word "know" at all in your first post -- so there's no need to get upset. Plenty of people like to think they're in the know, or actually are, and I was wondering which camp you aligned yourself with.

Honestly, the world would be a lot easier if people weren't so secretive and just came out with it all instead of hinting here or there. It's tiring.

The following is a preview from the next episode of "Law and Order - L.A."...

Was I not clear?

I know that the estate have a say in releases.

I do not know who exactly has that say.

I understand that if they don't send someone along, they don't get a say.

All this ramble doesn't change a thing concerning the up-coming storm of Zeppelin related goodies...let it be!

Insinuating that I'm hinting, thinking that I'm 'in the know', being secretive and you moaning about that being tiring is a great way to stop me posting in this thread at all.

Now now folks - let's stop this bickering and begin the real fun of colorful gossip and hopeful speculation of what's to come!

We are heading into what may be the best "Zeppelin Summer" in many a year!

I would have thought Pat Bonham (acting on the advice of her legal representatives) would have had a big say in her late husband's estate.

I would have thought Pat Bonham (acting on the advice of her legal representatives) would have had a big say in her late husband's estate.

From the legal docs that I've seen, Pat is the official representative of the John Bonham estate when it comes to Led Zeppelin.

From the legal docs that I've seen, Pat is the official representative of the John Bonham estate when it comes to Led Zeppelin.

Depends on what 1977 show you are talking about. I think I'd take Pontiac over uncut Blu-ray of MSG.

+ Pontiac Silverdome?

I'm not asking for the full show to be released. I'll be more than satisfied with a 10-minute snippet.

I seriously hope that at least some video material will emerge. Two words: Pontiac Silverdome.

My wish list

• studio outtakes
  • alternate mixes
  • all albums released on BD-A with DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound
  • some multitracked concerts
  • raw MSG footage
  • All Earls Court concerts released separately
  • Pontiac 1977
  • RAH 1970 on Blu-ray

Are we there yet, are we there yet?... Pontiac that is. :zzz:

I Thought the other guys bought out bonzo's share of the led zeppelin empire? and since he was a partner on things,an equal partner,would'nt peter grant's survivors still get some of the zeppelin pie? grant owned 20% of the band at one time or anotherand was executive producer on the original albums.

Why the heck does everyone want everything to be remastered in 5.1?? Unless you have 4 monitors and 1 subwoofer you won't be able to fully enjoy the sound, wich by the way isn't that good. 5.1 is only good for live performances and even in those I don't like it much, wasn't Celebration Day mixed in 5.1?? I love it and all, but the first time I listened to it I thought it was just a really good soundboard recording. Conclusion: 5.1 is not the awnser, the Stones mixed their Ladies and Gentleman in 5.1 and you could only tell Keiths guitar apart from Micks guitar when one of them was solooing.

Why the heck does everyone want everything to be remastered in 5.1?? Unless you have 4 monitors and 1 subwoofer you won't be able to fully enjoy the sound

Well, personally, my car will play 5.1, either DVD-A or DTS. Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Dave Gilmour's On an Island, several Rush discs, etc., all sound great in 5.1. I actually have a DVD-A of Houses in 5.1 (I don't know where it's from) that is superb.

But, I can understand how it can have limited application and appeal.

I Thought the other guys bought out bonzo's share of the led zeppelin empire? and since he was a partner on things,an equal partner,would'nt peter grant's survivors still get some of the zeppelin pie? grant owned 20% of the band at one time or anotherand was executive producer on the original albums.

I understand (which means I once heard) that Jimmy bought Robert's financial interest...If true, though, he would still have "creative input" on what course to take. Hmm, I dunno, that just sounds barmy. What the hell do I know?

Archived