New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Getting off-topic, but...based on all that I've read/heard/seen, I'd say that the "Caveman" had a fair amount of leeway in terms of what was/wasn't included on both DVD and How the West Was Won.

• 2 weeks later...

We are half-way through 2013 and we have no news, product, or even a web update of the supposed

box sets that Jimmy is/was "working on"...June 21st is the next road mark...after that - a Christmas release date

at best.

I recall from one interview that any new boxed sets will not be out until later in 2013. I clearly recall that quote from Jimmy, just can't recall the magazine but it was one of the main guitar publications like Guitar World, or Mojo.

The Celebration Day release, first the premieres were only announced a about a month prior in September last year for early October and the official release of dvd/cd for early December. So this isn't out of whack, that we haven't heard about specific release dates for this yet. Still several months away. We'll probably hear by late summer or October at the latest. It will happen as Jimmy has promised for this year. Seems to always deliver on the Zep material. Delivering a studio album of his own is another thing!

He did start work on these just after all the premieres for Celebration Day. I'm sure he's done a lot of work on them already and some are almost ready for release. Just a guess!

We are half-way through 2013 and we have no news, product, or even a web update of the supposed

box sets that Jimmy is/was "working on"...June 21st is the next road mark...after that - a Christmas release date

at best.

Jimmy hasn't it with promises. Wouldn't be too surprised when the release will be in late 2014, if then!!! Maybe like his Soloalbum, promised since 2006, every year.

Jimmy hasn't it with promises. Wouldn't be too surprised when the release will be in late 2014, if then!!! Maybe like his Soloalbum, promised since 2006, every year.

No. If there's one thing Jimmy takes seriously, it's Led Zeppelin.

Some of these will almost certainly be released next year, but Jimmy can't be blamed for that.

Who thinks there'll be a TSRTS box set? If I was in charge, I'd have this:

CD 1 & 2 - Original 1976 album (and mix)

CD 3 & 4 - 2007 version newly remastered.

DVD 1 - Original 1976 film (in original 4:3 aspect ratio)

DVD 2 - Extras:

Outtakes (Plumpton studios, backstage, alternate fantasy scenes, etc.)

Pittsburgh screen test

8mm films shot by roadies

Live in NYC 1973 (Unedited, fantasy-less versions of Celebration Day, Over the Hills and Far Away, Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've Been Loving You, No Quarter, The Song Remains the Same, The Rain Song, Dazed and Confused, Moby Dick, The Ocean)

BluRay - All above + 5.1 mixes

Who thinks there'll be a TSRTS box set? If I was in charge, I'd have this:

CD 1 & 2 - Original 1976 album (and mix)

CD 3 & 4 - 2007 version newly remastered.

DVD 1 - Original 1976 film (in original 4:3 aspect ratio)

DVD 2 - Extras:

Outtakes (Plumpton studios, backstage, alternate fantasy scenes, etc.)

Pittsburgh screen test

8mm films shot by roadies

Live in NYC 1973 (Unedited, fantasy-less versions of Celebration Day, Over the Hills and Far Away, Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've Been Loving You, No Quarter, The Song Remains the Same, The Rain Song, Dazed and Confused, Moby Dick, The Ocean)

BluRay - All above + 5.1 mixes

I would love to see a DVD of just the Fantasy sequences - Hi-def and un-edited with all the missing scenes included. Also an interview with Virginia about her role

as Robert's Holy Grail would be awesome! I happened to love all the fantasy video that were shot for TSRTS. I know there must be some great un-released snippets.

The latest "Tight But Loose" fanzine states that an engineer working on the project was quoted as saying "Jimmy Page is on my back to finish mixing new live Led Zeppelin material". Jimmy's manager Peter Mensch revealed that some of the box sets will come out later this year but time is a fungible thing with Led Zeppelin.

The latest "Tight But Loose" fanzine states that an engineer working on the project was quoted as saying "Jimmy Page is on my back to finish mixing new live Led Zeppelin material". Jimmy's manager Peter Mensch revealed that some of the box sets will come out later this year but time is a fungible thing with Led Zeppelin.

:peace::hurrah::you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock::thumbsup::lol::rollin:

is that audio or visual? is there enough "good" source to make us cough up?

I hope there is something from 1977 represented.

Nothing 1977 was multi-tracked, but I have to assume something from that tour will be released.

Peter Mensch told me on Reddit that SOME of the box sets will be released this year. Which ones do you guys think will get it? Do you think they'll be released chronologically?

I'd imagine they'll be released chronologically -- first two this year, I'd guess.

I've asked Peter a question via Twitter...whether the Physical Graffiti tracks released on Jimmy's site last year are vintage demos, or re-recorded snippets.

I hope Zep Inc. REALIZE that plenty from 1977 could be marketed, sold, and loved by the masses. All they need to do is acquire or restore the LA run Sbd's, which exist. Why wouldn't they, if landover exists? And we have the 6/23 sbd.

empress valley will screw up if they hold on to that past the point of it being officially released, so BRING ON THE OFFICIAL 1977!

hey, who disagrees Sbds of the 77 LA run, not multis, would sell? who?

I hope Zep Inc. REALIZE that plenty from 1977 could be marketed, sold, and loved by the masses. All they need to do is acquire or restore the LA run Sbd's, which exist. Why wouldn't they, if landover exists? And we have the 6/23 sbd.

empress valley will screw up if they hold on to that past the point of it being officially released, so BRING ON THE OFFICIAL 1977!

hey, who disagrees Sbds of the 77 LA run, not multis, would sell? who?

SBD releases would sell, but probably not as well as you'd think.

Archived