What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I've won another silver/2nd place at todays archery competition, also I managed to break my old PB score....so I'm one happy bunny.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

As skilled as you are becoming, SozoZoso, have you given any thought to pursuing employment in the field of archery? As maybe an instructor or something? You have mentioned your employment troubles in the past, so maybe this is an avenue you can try?

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

As skilled as you are becoming, SozoZoso, have you given any thought to pursuing employment in the field of archery? As maybe an instructor or something? You have mentioned your employment troubles in the past, so maybe this is an avenue you can try?

Thanks Strider for your consideration.

That is one thing that I would never have thought of.

I do know that it takes years to get to the stage of becoming an instructor but to be honest, I don't know if it is a sport that you can take up AND rely on it to give you a steady wage.

To be honest, archery isn't what you call a "full time sport" compare to the likes of professional or semi professional footballers/soccer players or even tennis players. It is one of those sports that isn't well covered and not really supported and you only get to know the ins' and outs through a club.

Plus in the country where I live, to be honest....any form of sport isn't very well supported and Northern Ireland has a long history of producing good sports icons, but they soon fly the nest because of the lack of facilities to push that bit further.

Free gobble????? Where I come from that means oral sex!!!!

Not again! *facepalm* Sorry Bro :lol:

Dag on. That's worse than the time I told you it was "Happy Hump Day" :hysterical: The sweet word difference meanings. They can be a trip.

I just mean to "scarf down"...err... eat happily on some chicken wings, etc. etc. But keep on teaching me. It's the only way I'm gonna learn.

Best to you, yours, and Tom.

Rock On

Wasn't quite sure what thread to put this under but here's one for Flashback Friday.

A friend sent me this link after we discussed the differences between "What's Happening?" and "That's My Mama" (don't ask how we got on that subject haha). I used to watch "What's Happening?" but I don't remember this Doobie Brothers episode at all.

Rerun tries to bootleg the Doobie Brothers concert. It's a good thing Mike Millard didn't let this episode scare him off taping Led Zeppelin hehe. What is also fascinating about this episode is the huge amount of time they let the Doobie Brothers play. That wouldn't happen today...a band would be lucky to get a few minutes.

Enjoy this Doobie Brothers flashback from the 70s.

http://youtu.be/n7lwTVyu5sw

Happy that the final scores of the IMM archery score has come through.

I got a total score of 610 and placed 7th in my category (the 600's mark seems to me where most of the archers competing have scored)

...Not bad for someone who has only been doing archery for a year and a half me thinks.

Sunshine, a rare sight these days. And a lovely breakfast at Brennan's to round out a perfect weekend in New Orleans.

:D

Dd, what are your favorite restaurants in New Orleans? I've eaten at some of the "big name" restaurants in New Orleans, but I don't even remember their names. Lol. (btw, have you visited any of the plantation houses near New Orleans?)

Dd, what are your favorite restaurants in New Orleans? I've eaten at some of the "big name" restaurants in New Orleans, but I don't even remember their names. Lol. (btw, have you visited any of the plantation houses near New Orleans?)

Hi, Pagefan! We tend to go to the restaurants that are within walking distance from the hotel, some favorites are Galatoire's (very fun and lively, coat required for the gents - which you can borrow off the rack if you forget ;), and waiters that you ask for by name), Restaurant August (a John Besh restaurant), Restaurant R'evolution (we've only been able to eat in the bar area, but it is a great atmosphere with full food service), Brennan's (newly reopened after a major - and beautiful - renovation, we love their brunch), Mr. Ed's Oyster House (super yummy charbroiled oysters and gumbo) and Cafe Maspero (great sandwiches and French onion soup). We go to New Orleans often to see the plays (and Jazz Fest), but eating in New Orleans is a major part of the experience. I know there are a ton of great restaurants that we haven't even tried, I'm trying to be better about branching out, but it's hard when you have favorites!

I have not visited the plantation homes (near NOLA) but have heard from others who have, and I would love to see them. There is also a WWII Museum that we would love to visit that I understand is really nice. Have you made your trip to NOLA? I'm always open to tips from others who are from there or travel there.