What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My little one (who's been home sick with a head cold the last 2 days) just brought me a tiny bouquet of flowers from outside :D I think she is feeling better..yay! :)

That is precious.

As for me, I'm starting to feel almost flu free again.

That is so cute!

Did the jukebox play any Led Zeppelin songs? Perhaps Dancing Days?

No. It played a few songs that I sort of recognized but don't really know. It did play "I Love Rock and Roll." I had a lot of fun with her. She's high school aged--I was at a high school--but she was profoundly affected by (what I'm guessing) Down's Syndrome. She was really sweet.

I left my business card with the teacher because I really liked working in that classroom.

What made me happy today:

I finally got my butt outside to trim down the NINE rose bushes that line our front walkway. I cleaned up the front flower beds and got rid of all the dead stuff. I still have a lot of work to do for "spring cleaning," but I've made progress!

I meant to do this on Saturday, and my boyfriend was supposed to help, but he got tied up in something else. Then we were going to do it on Sunday, but it rained all freakin' day.

I had three garbage cans full of rose bush clippings and two full of misc. leaves that were in the flowerbeds and the front yard when I was done. My front yard is really small, so i was a bit amazed to see that much stuff!

It was terrible last fall--it was pretty warm until about December, then everything froze. The rose bushes still had flowers on them when everything froze, and so did a lot of other things. I didn't have a chance to do my usual fall clean up before it started snowing, so my yard's a big mess this spring. ;)

Now I have to pick another small project to work on, bit by bit until my entire yard's ready. I have to move a few plants, too.

Does anyone know how to kill a St. John's Wort? It's taking over my yard!

Yesterday, I finally dropped off a bunch of job applications. I applied for a summer school position and for other traditional teaching jobs. I got two more applications done today for teaching, and I got three "classified" job applications with school districts submitted as well.

I had started the job applications in November and December, before I graduated, but I couldn't submit them yet because I didn't have all of the proof that I was a qualified teacher, (I was waiting for my transcripts, teaching certificate, letters of recommendation, etc.). Applying to teaching positions really takes a lot of time.

Today I am happy to be alive! Not to be dramatic or anything, but jeez, I drove in the WORST fog I've ever been in at 1 am this morning on a kind of scary road. There're a bunch of bends in it, so I had to 10 mph in what is usually a 50 mph zone so I could concentrate really hard on the lane markers to make sure I wasn't still going straight when the road took one of its little jogs. Not fun.

I got all of my housework and chores done before the weekend!

I have no laundry to do this weekend, and my house is as clean as it's going to get. Hell, I even dusted this week! I have no dishes in the sink, the only laundry to do are the socks I took off about an hour ago, my kitchen's spic and span--the stainless steel's been polished, floor mopped, counters scrubbed.

Does this mean I can be really lazy all spring break? ;)

I got all of my housework and chores done before the weekend!

I have no laundry to do this weekend, and my house is as clean as it's going to get. Hell, I even dusted this week! I have no dishes in the sink, the only laundry to do are the socks I took off about an hour ago, my kitchen's spic and span--the stainless steel's been polished, floor mopped, counters scrubbed.

Does this mean I can be really lazy all spring break? ;)

I didn't even bother to house clean this week. It would be a waste of time.

The boys are coming home tomorrow for spring break and I will have tons of laundry to do all weekend. The house will be in shambles. But hey, it's worth it to have them home for the week. I will clean when they go back to college.

Edited to say:

Happy Vernal Equinox to you Mandy.

Take it easy and enjoy the weekend.

We are having cold weather again.

Hope that you will have spring-like weather for your lazy spring break! :)

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Today I am happy to be alive! Not to be dramatic or anything, but jeez, I drove in the WORST fog I've ever been in at 1 am this morning on a kind of scary road. There're a bunch of bends in it, so I had to 10 mph in what is usually a 50 mph zone so I could concentrate really hard on the lane markers to make sure I wasn't still going straight when the road took one of its little jogs. Not fun.

Yup that's San Diego!

You're kind of a dick aren't you? You know the guy that is the Debby Downer of the group. The one, who, I don't know, is a KNOW-IT-ALL and NO ONE likes to be around?

sorry everyone: :offtopic:

Nope. I am not a dick at all. And i have plenty of friends. I just do my best to protect myself.If i am treated well i treat others well.

Edited by spats

Tonight a couple buddies and i are going to see "I love you man". Looks like a great guy flick. It stars Paul Rudd and Jason segal. It's apparently in the same style as "Superbad", "Knocked", "Role Models" "Knocked Up", "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", etc, And i liked those for the most part.

what is tim horton's coffee?

Hey Misty!

Tim Horton's is like the "Dunkin Donuts of Canada." Every block has a Tim Horton's. Their coffee is cheap and tastes great and after a lousy night's sleep it was the best part of my day!! Us Canadians are a bit nuts when it comes to Tim Horton's :D

Edited by the queen without a king

Hey Misty!

Tim Horton's is like the "Dunkin Donuts of Canada." Every block has a Tim Horton's. Their coffee is cheap and tastes great and after a lousy night's sleep it was the best part of my day!! Us Canadians are a bit nuts when it comes to Tim Horton's :D

ooohhhhh! yeah, i would think that every country needs some kind of java injection. coffee is so easy to become addicted to as a morning ritual....speaking from experience of course. :D