What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

"There's No Place Like home!"

aruby_slippers.gif

:wave: everyone!

:cheer: Welcome home!!!! So glad to see you here :D

My mom's salad - I don't know what it's called, but she mixes two packages of cream cheese and a huge tub of whipped topping with a can of Bing cherries and two cans of crushed pineapples. It's AMAZING.

Ambrosia? Though that usually has coconut and mandarin oranges and marshmallows. Okay nevermind I'm totally off :lol::slapface:

Ambrosia? Though that usually has coconut and mandarin oranges and marshmallows. Okay nevermind I'm totally off :lol::slapface:

This is like an ambrosia salad, but I don't know if my grandmother ever gave it a name - it's her recipe. As kids, my sister and I just used to call it the "cherry salad".

Sometimes my mom puts marshmallows in it, although this time she didn't. I will say it's very refreshing on a hot day. Tastes like the inside of a cheesecake.

This is like an ambrosia salad, but I don't know if my grandmother ever gave it a name - it's her recipe. As kids, my sister and I just used to call it the "cherry salad".

Sometimes my mom puts marshmallows in it, although this time she didn't. I will say it's very refreshing on a hot day. Tastes like the inside of a cheesecake.

My mom makes it with mandarin oranges, coconut, marshmallows and I forget what she uses to hold it together. It's been years since she's made it. Your grandmother's recipe sounds like a nice thing to have on a hot day.

My mom makes it with mandarin oranges, coconut, marshmallows and I forget what she uses to hold it together. It's been years since she's made it. Your grandmother's recipe sounds like a nice thing to have on a hot day.

She probably uses cream cheese or something similar, I've never actually seen an ambrosia salad made without it. You can steal my grandmother's recipe if you want it!

2 packages of softened cream cheese

1 huge tub of whipped topping

1 can of Bing cherries

2 cans of crushed pineapples (drained)

1 bag of mini marshmallows

She probably uses cream cheese or something similar, I've never actually seen an ambrosia salad made without it. You can steal my grandmother's recipe if you want it!

2 packages of softened cream cheese

1 huge tub of whipped topping

1 can of Bing cherries

2 cans of crushed pineapples (drained)

1 bag of mini marshmallows

Thanks! For some reason I feel like it's sour cream yet it has a sweeter taste. I'll have to ask her next time we chat!

Ive seen something similiar with pistachio pudding. So you are out Charles? Have to check the threads. Glad to hear it.

Oh YEAH! I remember that stuff, it was great! Anyone know what Yukons talking about? Have a recipe???? :D

PS. What made me happy today. Hearing Charles is home and completing 2 peices of jewelry I've been working on.

Oh YEAH! I remember that stuff, it was great! Anyone know what Yukons talking about? Have a recipe???? :D

PS. What made me happy today. Hearing Charles is home and completing 2 peices of jewelry I've been working on.

I've never seen pistachio pudding. I love pistachio nuts so I'm intrigued!

That's great you completed two pieces of jewelry! What do they look like?

Nice looking home, Buck'Eye'Doc; I love that color. Is it an aqua or sea-green shade or does it just come across that color on my monitor?

Happy to see Dzldoc back "home". :D

Happy that I found some Cappucino-flavored Commit logenzes today. (a stop smoking aid) And happier still that I don't even feel the need to use them. But I'll continue to use them for the full 12 weeks they suggest, as it's only been 5 weeks since I quit and I don't want to get over-confident. That is what has killed cessation programs in the past for me. Once you think you've really got it licked the little guys will taunt you & say that "just one won't hurt". Not this time!

Nice looking home, Buck'Eye'Doc; I love that color. Is it an aqua or sea-green shade or does it just come across that color on my monitor?

Happy to see Dzldoc back "home". :D

Happy that I found some Cappucino-flavored Commit logenzes today. (a stop smoking aid) And happier still that I don't even feel the need to use them. But I'll continue to use them for the full 12 weeks they suggest, as it's only been 5 weeks since I quit and I don't want to get over-confident. That is what has killed cessation programs in the past for me. Once you think you've really got it licked the little guys will taunt you & say that "just one won't hurt". Not this time!

Keep up the good no smoking work :thumbsup: That's awesome.

Thank you Angel and everyone.

My house is mostly brick witht the trim in a blue-green color, my favorite color.

Here are some pics from the back yard today. It is more sunny today than Friday when I took the other pics.

DSC01308.jpg

I have a little stream that goes down the hill to the pond.

DSC01310.jpg

My pond. As you can see, not much in bloom with the late season here.

DSC01306.jpg

Lots of fish in the pond. Plants not too green yet, water lily not doing too much yet.

Speaking of backyards, you have no idea how happy I was to see our backyard the first time we checked out the new house. We never had one before; back in Georgia, because of all the shading from the trees, grass had a hard time growing so we had a ton of patches of just red clay.

Here we have a HUGE green lawn. It's gorge.

newhome012ff6.th.jpg

newhome011sk6.th.jpg

newhome010vj2.th.jpg

^I LOVE huge yards. I'm hoping someday, we will be able to afford to buy a house with a large, nice piece of land. Our house sits on .24 acres right now, and our backyard is just simply too small for what I'd like to do to it.

http://images.google.com/images?q=pistachi...l=en&tab=wi!

What made me happy today:

1. I made curry. I've been out of the spice curry for over a month, and last weekend, Dave took me and helped me stock up on all of my spices.

2. I finished my friend's wedding cake--(the one you freeze), and it turned out beautifully! She got married last Saturday, and I made about 80 Texas-sized cupcakes for her wedding, but I wanted to be sure she had the frozen smaller cake too.

Micheleswedding019.jpg

The small "freezing" cake

DSC_0137.jpg

The cupcakes that were at the wedding last weekend.

(this was the first time I ever attempted to make a cake fro scratch and to decorate a cake so it looks pretty)

3. I went to my mom's house to see my mom and my sister for mother's day. I stopped at Dairy Queen and bought my sister an ice cream cake (spending $26 of my $46 that I have until I get paid again on Friday), and she was really, really happy. She'd been hinting that she wanted an ice cream cake for a while, and since it was her first mother's day and she's a great mommy, I did it. ;)

Oh yes, and I forgot to say: Charles, I'm happy you're home!

Edited by manderlyh

If you could sell some of those you could buy a yard. I love cupcakes myself. Ever think about selling cakes? There's a place that just opened here that's called Short Street Cakes. Haven't been in it but my sister says their cakes are good. They do cupcakes for a buck and then larger cupcakes for like 5 I think.

I think the advertising may sell the cakes. I wont explain that part. Only Asheville would allow it anyhow.