What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I went and saw Juno this afternoon with this site's one and only Mandy.

It was funny. I would say 90% of the people in there were over 65, though. Ah, watching movies about teen pregnancy with senior citizens. ^_^

Very cool you two got together...I've always wanted to meet Mandy....I bet she was a hoot !

My favorite band is in that movie....Sonic Youth. They do a Carpenter's cover....SUPERSTAR !! :lol:

Very cool you two got together...I've always wanted to meet Mandy....I bet she was a hoot !

My favorite band is in that movie....Sonic Youth. They do a Carpenter's cover....SUPERSTAR !! :lol:

Sonic Youth is my Favorite band also,Behind Zeppelin.although I listen to more Sonic Youth now

than Zep.

Hey Joelmon I've seen them I think 4 times.Kim is a sex bomb.

Babs

Sonic Youth is my Favorite band also,Behind Zeppelin.although I listen to more Sonic Youth now

than Zep.

Hey Joelmon I've seen them I think 4 times.Kim is a sex bomb.

Babs

^ yea she is....I was right under her when I saw them in Denver in '06...I got about 100 pics..here's one...

35jghsg.jpg

Edited by Joelmon

^ yea she is....I was right under her when I saw them in Denver in '06...I got about 100 pics..here's one...

35jghsg.jpg

Looks like the same tour I saw. Could be the same dress.A vintage thingy with tassles .

Jesus I can't remember what my wife [god bless her] wore yesterday and I can remember Kim Gordons' dress from 2 years ago. :blush:

I'm really digging Nurse right now.

Looks like the same tour I saw. Could be the same dress.A vintage thingy with tassles .

Jesus I can't remember what my wife [god bless her] wore yesterday and I can remember Kim Gordons' dress from 2 years ago. :blush:

I'm really digging Nurse right now.

I just got Confusion is Sex...I'd never had that one..it's from '83 !

so now all I need are Bad Moon Rising and their first from '82..but that's just an EP....

I've been into a live bootleg from '02....I think Toronto....it's mostly Murray Street !

Here's another ... same '06 show...

xoo0zn.jpg

^^^ You ARE a fanboy. :lol: I hear Thurston's new solo record is very good.

I should pick it up.

For the threads sake "that would make me happy today".

Great photos bye the way. :beer:

You got that right ! And YES....the new Thurston cd is fantastic...subtle beauty !

Glad you like the pics...that makes me happy !! Joy Joy !! :D

Today...it's raining, it's pouring but the ole man ain't snoring !! hahahahaa.....Happy for the lakes and the water table !!!

^ Post it Tull!

What made me happy?

Some sweet PM's from people here. :)

And finding out a dear friend is finally laying down some tough love for a junkie who has destroyed her sanity.

Enabling is a hell in itself.

Laying down tough love for a junkie is really hard.

Especially when you love that person--and you knew them before they were a junkie.

Enabling is the coward's way out. I've been guilty of it, and I've seen many people I love guilty of it. But tough love is the only way to go if you really, really love and care about someone. It doesn't feel good, but sometimes, it's the only way to go.

Laying down tough love for a junkie is really hard.

Especially when you love that person--and you knew them before they were a junkie.

Enabling is the coward's way out. I've been guilty of it, and I've seen many people I love guilty of it. But tough love is the only way to go if you really, really love and care about someone. It doesn't feel good, but sometimes, it's the only way to go.

You're right Mandy. My friend has been enabling for years now, like it's second nature.

I told her in my own tough love I could not stand by and see her life destroyed, while the junkie could give a rats ass about her. It saddened me SO much, that I had to temporarily distance myself.

I've had to do the same thing with an alcholic. For my own sanity as well, somehow they make it out like it's all your fault. So...I left, then it wasn't my fault anymore. He had to blame someone else for a change. I'm a toughy on this stuff. Because if your'e not...you go insane and Nothing changes. Like they say, you can't change them, but you can change your own reactions to their behavior.

Edited to add, I'm HAPPY because the sun is shining, and feels so good through glass...nice and warm.

Edited by Hotplant

Being able to tell my assistant at work that she's getting a whopping great bonus next month. She totally didn't expect it - she was so happy she started crying, and I ended up joining in! It's so nice to be able to give people good news. :)

Being able to tell my assistant at work that she's getting a whopping great bonus next month. She totally didn't expect it - she was so happy she started crying, and I ended up joining in! It's so nice to be able to give people good news. :)

Hahaha that's great! I'm the same, can't watch people cry (for whatever reason) without joining in. :D

What's made me happy today: Breakfast was ready when I got up including boiled eggs and a glass of champagne!

That's what I call luxury. :)