What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I hope it snows for Christmas, although that appears unlikely. We haven't had a White Christmas since we left Chicago. :(

I figure if it's so cold that I have to wear a coat all the freakin' time, it had BETTER snow!

Some of the neighbors have wood burning fireplaces. I wish we had one. Not just a fireplace, but a WOOD burning one. I love the smell of pine wood burning in a fireplace. It's so cozy.

I figure if it's so cold that I have to wear a coat all the freakin' time, it had BETTER snow!

Some of the neighbors have wood burning fireplaces. I wish we had one. Not just a fireplace, but a WOOD burning one. I love the smell of pine wood burning in a fireplace. It's so cozy.

ohmy.gif Pine is bad for a brick fireplace, that's what causes house fires, you need cured oak or what I use is those immitation logs. They burn themselves out and don't cause soot build up ofcourse mine is a metal insert type so I won't have the fire hazard anyhowbiggrin.gif

my son was the recipient of one of the major end of year awards at school. it was his first time. he has aspergers, and until this year it wasn't looking too good for him. he has really tried this year, and it has paid off.

i was a very proud mum watching him take the stage.

and his yearly report card has him at age level for most subjects and ABOVE LEVEL in art! ( i think santa will be good to him this year! )

my son was the recipient of one of the major end of year awards at school. it was his first time. he has aspergers, and until this year it wasn't looking too good for him. he has really tried this year, and it has paid off.

i was a very proud mum watching him take the stage.

and his yearly report card has him at age level for most subjects and ABOVE LEVEL in art! ( i think santa will be good to him this year! )

So heartwarming to hear such good news!

What a nice Christmas present your son has given you, slave to zep! He sounds like he has some talent that needs to be explored!

Have a great holiday season!

I was happy my daughter had such a good time at school today (it was carnival day)! Getting some major cleaning done around the house was nice, too!

So heartwarming to hear such good news!

What a nice Christmas present your son has given you, slave to zep! He sounds like he has some talent that needs to be explored!

Have a great holiday season!

I was happy my daughter had such a good time at school today (it was carnival day)! Getting some major cleaning done around the house was nice, too!

thanks tangerine. and thankyou for always being so thoughtful and interested. it feels nice! you and ninelives are always there with a friendly post!

i bet you can't wait for christmas day with your daughter. any plans? do you have to work?

i am working an earlier shift than previous years this christmas eve, which will be so nice. in the past, i always had to work the latest shift, which was till 11 or 12 pm when the shop shuts, to do all the cleaning up etc. i would go home, do the santa thing and fall into bed at about 2am and have to get up early with my son. this year i will be finishing about 4pm, so i can do last minute shopping, have dinner at home, a few drinks .... just like normal people! lol

thanks tangerine. and thankyou for always being so thoughtful and interested. it feels nice! you and ninelives are always there with a friendly post!

i bet you can't wait for christmas day with your daughter. any plans? do you have to work?

i am working an earlier shift than previous years this christmas eve, which will be so nice. in the past, i always had to work the latest shift, which was till 11 or 12 pm when the shop shuts, to do all the cleaning up etc. i would go home, do the santa thing and fall into bed at about 2am and have to get up early with my son. this year i will be finishing about 4pm, so i can do last minute shopping, have dinner at home, a few drinks .... just like normal people! lol

This is great news Julie :)

it's always nice to be able to spend time with your kids especially at Christmas time.

Hi All,

About 10 minutes ago a little sparrow crashed in to my front window, i went out to see if it was OK and found the little mite dazed and confused so i picked it up and put it on too my workbench which is in the front garden. After about five minutes it suddenly just flew off so i went inside my house, just in time to see our resident fox run from my back garden down my alley and right pased where the litte sparrow would have been laying if i had not picked it up. It gave me such joy to have been able to have rescued the little fella and to have denied the fox his lunch, which he most certainly would have had, it has made my day. :D

Regards, Danny

^ That was sweet of you Dan. :)

WMMH? My girlfriend gave me a present early, since she's going out of town.

I got a nice bright red scarf, gloves, hat set. Good for December snow. Though I normally don't buy red for myself, I like it anyway.

AND....a possibilty I can go with her, to visit her daughter in LA. :cheer:

Hi All,

About 10 minutes ago a little sparrow crashed in to my front window, i went out to see if it was OK and found the little mite dazed and confused so i picked it up and put it on too my workbench which is in the front garden. After about five minutes it suddenly just flew off so i went inside my house, just in time to see our resident fox run from my back garden down my alley and right pased where the litte sparrow would have been laying if i had not picked it up. It gave me such joy to have been able to have rescued the little fella and to have denied the fox his lunch, which he most certainly would have had, it has made my day. :D

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny, that was a wonderful thing to do for the bird. You saved his life! I'm very proud of you :) Quite a few years ago when i was with my exhusband i noticed an injured pigeon in our driveway. He had injured his leg. My husband and i found an animal rescue place (it was on a Sunday as i recall so not much open). The place was quite a drive but i begged my husband to take me. He picked up the bird (i was afraid to) and we took him there. We called to check on his progress and were told he was doing fine a few weeks later. It's a good feeling to help an animal in need.

Foxes running around your area? I have never seen one where i live. The red fox is a beautiful creature.

Hi slave to zep, you're welcome! I know how much pride and joy you feel for your son! I'm so glad to hear he is making such wonderful progress! It will be so nice you get to spend quality time with your family this year at Christmas! Have a great holiday!

I am off Christmas eve and Christmas day this year but working eight hour evening shifts on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. At least my daughter will get to spend New Year's Eve day with my sister and her girls. They are seeing Disney on Ice and then going out to dinner. I know she will have a great time.