What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Hi Danny, that was a wonderful thing to do for the bird. You saved his life! I'm very proud of you :) Quite a few years ago when i was with my exhusband i noticed an injured pigeon in our driveway. He had injured his leg. My husband and i found an animal rescue place (it was on a Sunday as i recall so not much open). The place was quite a drive but i begged my husband to take me. He picked up the bird (i was afraid to) and we took him there. We called to check on his progress and were told he was doing fine a few weeks later. It's a good feeling to help an animal in need.

Foxes running around your area? I have never seen one where i live. The red fox is a beautiful creature.

Hi Tangerine, thanks for your kind words, how you doing?

I believe its better to save a life than to take one, yes even with animals, criminals are a different matter though, if it was a burgular laying there i could quite easily have stretched his neck. :lol:

There are more foxes running around my area than dogs, i see at least a dozen every night while out walking my dog, i've even been seen off by a young one on a few occations.

Back in the 80s people stopped letting their dogs out all day and night, mostly because people changed what dogs they kept, they went from cheap mongrels to expensive breeds, and as there were criminals out every night stealing peoples dogs off them in the street people either didnt let their dogs go out alone or like me they walk them late at night or early hours of the morning so the fox has been able to come in to the cities and reclaim the streets. Bravo to the fox i say, feed the fox and cull the criminal, thats my new watch word. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Today celebrates 24 years being married to my husband. Still as happy as ever. And so is he.

Happy Anniversary!! :D

Finished the baking!! Now I have to pack them up and send them off...

What do you bake? I'm still working on mine; I had to toss a rum cake the other night for the very first time; it broke in 3 coming out of the pan :( Still have more rum cakes, and this year I"m going to try doing peppermint bark too.

What do you bake? I'm still working on mine; I had to toss a rum cake the other night for the very first time; it broke in 3 coming out of the pan :( Still have more rum cakes, and this year I"m going to try doing peppermint bark too.

Cookies! Chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter M&M, oatmeal raisinette, chocolate chip with hazelnut and coffee liqueurs in the dough, and peanut butter/chocolate "candy". I give those as gifts, and also ship them off to several of my "imaginary" friends (peeps I've met on message boards!). It's fun, and gets me 3 days off of work every December... :)

I've never tried making rum cake. I like easy, but tasty, stuff. Lazy is my middle name :D

My husband loves peppermint bark. I've tried it in the past, but it's been quite a while. Good luck!!

Cookies! Chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter M&M, oatmeal raisinette, chocolate chip with hazelnut and coffee liqueurs in the dough, and peanut butter/chocolate "candy". I give those as gifts, and also ship them off to several of my "imaginary" friends (peeps I've met on message boards!). It's fun, and gets me 3 days off of work every December... :)

I've never tried making rum cake. I like easy, but tasty, stuff. Lazy is my middle name :D

My husband loves peppermint bark. I've tried it in the past, but it's been quite a while. Good luck!!

Oh wow; YUM!! :D

Officially, I've got only three more people to buy gifts for.

I bought my niece a lot of stuff (educational toys and books), my sisters both got a nice pair of fleece pajamas, and my mom a set of baking dishes that she REALLY wants.

I'm hoping to get both my sisters something else, I need to buy my stepdad something, and I need to buy for my boyfriend. I'm happy though--the stuff is ALMOST done!

I'm also baking goodies for my night school kids. Tomorrow is the last night before Christmas, so I thought I'd make them some goodies tot take home. I only have ten students, so it's not going to kill me.

...and again, I'm even happier now than I was when I posted that last one.

I upgraded my (NEW) Macbook Pro's OS to Snow Leopard. In July, I bought a new printer, computer, router, the works. All we need to do it literally replace the CPU for our desktop computer, and we have a brand-new computer system.

Well, when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, the printer would no longer work.

I called and called and called customer support, Apple wasn't returning my phone calls after the first call in late October. I did a software update tonight, and viola! My printer works now! Yessss!

Hearing this awesome song get played on the SiriusXM channel the Boneyard( just because it doesn't get played a lot):

I love Boneyard. In my opinion it's the best channel on SiriusXM since the Led Zeppelin Channel ended its second run, and the removal of the Trance station (82 or 83 I think it used to be on XM). dry.gif

Last year, I wasn't able to buy gifts for my loved ones for Christmas because I was student teaching and totally broke.

THIS year, I was able to buy gifts!

I bought a ton!

They're all wrapped, and I have maybe three or four more to go, (small ones to even up the amounts I've spent on everyone)!

Yay me!

Woo Hoo Mandy; that's awesome! :D

DeborahJ, that is fantastic; what a wonderful break! :) Usually today would be my last day off until January, but we unexpectedly took the week of July 4 off so I'm working today, Tuesday, and the Mon-Wed between Christmas and New Year's. Which will be fine; it will be quiet and I have projects to work on.

Woo Hoo Mandy; that's awesome! :D

DeborahJ, that is fantastic; what a wonderful break! :) Usually today would be my last day off until January, but we unexpectedly took the week of July 4 off so I'm working today, Tuesday, and the Mon-Wed between Christmas and New Year's. Which will be fine; it will be quiet and I have projects to work on.

Thanks Virginia! This is only my 2nd time in 30 plus years where I have had two weeks off together!! Enjoy your day :D

So glad i am off the weekend and with the expected snowfall, i don't have to worry about driving in it (if i don't want to go out). I lucked out this time.

hey tangerine, that's good!

it's been so hot here .... but i saw a forecast for christmas day, and it is supposed to be around 20 degrees celcius. i hope so! that would be perfect, not too hot to have a roast dinner!