What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Good for you, which turntable did you buy??Welcome to the real listening experience!!!

I nearly bought a technics but a friend warned me that as they don't make them anymore it is hard to repair if it goes wrong. I plumped for a mid priced Pioneer. £129 notes . Played said album and it is great. I have an old Denon amp and some floor standing Missions. Sound is rich and meaty. I will need to clean up my vinyl but as you said a real listening experience :D

I'm gonna be a grandma again.

Well done and congratulations to one and all in your family! Looks like you're starting to rival Fool in the Rain 60's brood. :)

After a few days of clouds and grey skies and intermittent rain, woke up today to blue skies and sun! :)

Edited by Strider

I nearly bought a technics but a friend warned me that as they don't make them anymore it is hard to repair if it goes wrong. I plumped for a mid priced Pioneer. £129 notes . Played said album and it is great. I have an old Denon amp and some floor standing Missions. Sound is rich and meaty. I will need to clean up my vinyl but as you said a real listening experience :D

When I got my Technics I was looking at the Pioneer PL series of turntables, but the chap in the shop talked me into getting the Technics. That was in December 1979, and believe it or not I still have the receipt It cost £95, and if it goes wrong now I can't complain. Your system is a combination of top quality components, I hope you have many years of reliving your memories by listening to your vinyl albums again.Also you feel so much better as you have to take care when handling vinyl as you know and it is an erxperience putting a record on the turntable and hearing the stylus touching the vinyl before blast off !!!

When I got my Technics I was looking at the Pioneer PL series of turntables, but the chap in the shop talked me into getting the Technics. That was in December 1979, and believe it or not I still have the receipt It cost £95, and if it goes wrong now I can't complain. Your system is a combination of top quality components, I hope you have many years of reliving your memories by listening to your vinyl albums again.Also you feel so much better as you have to take care when handling vinyl as you know and it is an erxperience putting a record on the turntable and hearing the stylus touching the vinyl before blast off !!!

It's a Pioneer PL 990.

You couldn't be more correct man. That dropping of the needle at the start. Oh the bass. Have re lived many happy tunes. Up to now have had all sorts. My Stone Roses 12"'s. Some John Martyn, Man, Blue Oyster Cult, Zepp of course, Black Uhuru - Black Sounds Of Freedom was fucking awesome. There is a record fair in Manchester this weekend and armed with a wodge of spondoolicks, it will be like going back to the 70's.Mrs CP is going shopping too - but not for vinyl :cheer:

Yesterday I start writing something private, in one hour (well 1:10) I wrote more than 1100 words, I love it, writing and reading it.

Today, a coment in my favourite song is now top coment, simply amazing.

It's a Pioneer PL 990.

You couldn't be more correct man. That dropping of the needle at the start. Oh the bass. Have re lived many happy tunes. Up to now have had all sorts. My Stone Roses 12"'s. Some John Martyn, Man, Blue Oyster Cult, Zepp of course, Black Uhuru - Black Sounds Of Freedom was fucking awesome. There is a record fair in Manchester this weekend and armed with a wodge of spondoolicks, it will be like going back to the 70's.Mrs CP is going shopping too - but not for vinyl :cheer:

my first stereo was a pioneer, it sounded amazing!

last year my husband bought me a turntable, but i actually haven't used it yet .... shame on me :(

First turntable I had was a little portable Mickey Mouse player for kids.

My dad had a killer system: Dual phonograph hooked up to a McIntosh preamp and 500w per channel McIntosh power amp and speakers. Also a Teac Reel-to-Reel tape player. Later, around 72 or so, he got a cassette player/recorder...a Pioneer I think or a Marantz.

Edited by Strider

Celebration Day the movie

Saw it again last night. Still buzzing. What really made me happy though was just how much of an under 30 crowd there was. One guy in particular who had us in stitches in between songs. Not rowdy at all, but he was one freakin' funny dude and, a true fan :lol:

What's a turntable? Who uses those anymore? Oh yeah, but I wont mention his name. He is not around presently, but will be.

Call yourself a Led Zeppelin fan?? I think you'll find that all of their studio albums were recorded on vinyl. Therefore you needed a turntable to play them on. Is that clear enough for you, then again if you don't know what a turntable is you must be a half - wit.

Call yourself a Led Zeppelin fan?? I think you'll find that all of their studio albums were recorded on vinyl. Therefore you needed a turntable to play them on. Is that clear enough for you, then again if you don't know what a turntable is you must be a half - wit.

I'm pretty sure he was joking...I believe he even owns a turntable himself.

What's a turntable? Who uses those anymore? Oh yeah, but I wont mention his name. He is not around presently, but will be.

Oh I think he's Joking. Though I'll need to check with my mate Major. I believe the guy uses Meds? Anyway I added to my collection over the weekend. Oh bliss Culture "2 Sevens Clash" ON VINYL. Also Fish Rising - Steve Hillage and some Talk Talk - Colour Of Spring, a quite exceptional platter