What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

^^^

"Laughing Stock" will change you. Dim the lights, pour a nice glass of wine or scotch, light up a bowl...and settle back into a comfortable chair.

There are six songs but they flow into each other so that the album is an organic whole...although "Ascension Day", "After the Flood", and "New Grass" are the standouts for me. I won't bore you with the details of the extraordinary way they recorded the album...similar to "Spirit of Eden"...but will let you know that they just reissued the album on vinyl last year, so a vinyl copy should be easy to find.

"Spirit of Eden" and "Laughing Stock" were never played live, unfortunately, as they were deemed too impossible to recreate in a concert setting. It was also the end of Talk Talk, a band who should be remembered for something more than "It's My Life". The influence of their last two records is vast...Radiohead, Wilco, Portishead, the "chill" genre of EDM, the low-fi movement. Talk Talk's last two records didn't sell very much, but most of those who did buy a copy were musicians themselves or people deeply into music.

Get yourself one as soon as possible.

I'm happy that I finally got some sleep. I missed most of the sports and Hurricane Sandy news of the weekend, so now I'm trying to catch up a little before I go to work.

^^^

"Laughing Stock" will change you. Dim the lights, pour a nice glass of wine or scotch, light up a bowl...and settle back into a comfortable chair.

There are six songs but they flow into each other so that the album is an organic whole...although "Ascension Day", "After the Flood", and "New Grass" are the standouts for me. I won't bore you with the details of the extraordinary way they recorded the album...similar to "Spirit of Eden"...but will let you know that they just reissued the album on vinyl last year, so a vinyl copy should be easy to find.

"Spirit of Eden" and "Laughing Stock" were never played live, unfortunately, as they were deemed too impossible to recreate in a concert setting. It was also the end of Talk Talk, a band who should be remembered for something more than "It's My Life". The influence of their last two records is vast...Radiohead, Wilco, Portishead, the "chill" genre of EDM, the low-fi movement. Talk Talk's last two records didn't sell very much, but most of those who did buy a copy were musicians themselves or people deeply into music.

Get yourself one as soon as possible.

I'm happy that I finally got some sleep. I missed most of the sports and Hurricane Sandy news of the weekend, so now I'm trying to catch up a little before I go to work.

Thanks buddy. I will certainly be hunting for that

I have just dropped into the next village from me and have found a record shop selling VINYL. I knew it used to sell the odd record from time to time years ago but as I passed I popped in and asked. " In the cellar man" came the call. Down I went and couldn't believe it. Literally thousands of albums from The Beatles to House. Used of course but you could check them out to see if the marks were bad. The guy told me it has taken him a lot of work to catalogue them and grade them. Top marks that guy!! :thanku: I could have been there all day and had no money left and I would have to sell the house. Anyway I picked up Neil Young - Decade 3 LP set, Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here and 20 Originals Of Little Feat - which is The First LP and Dixie Chicken. Total Cost 24 of my best English Pounds. Marvellous :thumbsup:

just went op-shopping and i got 3 new tops, a serving platter with matching salad bowl ( hand painted ceramic ), and a shell shaped dip and biccy platter all for $35 ! :cheer:

Way to go Slave. Liking the biccy platter. What would this behold I wonder? Maybe a Choccie Hob Nob or for the savoury trip maybe a selection of Arnotts shapes? Heavy on the BBQ for me :munchies:

Mrs Ally and I are heading over to Campbell River for the weekend . Really looking forward to getting out of town :)

I hope the Allys have a great weekend? The CP's are going to see a great comedian at The Opera House in Buxton tonight. Dinner first and then a weekend of golfing, wining and dining

I hope the Allys have a great weekend? The CP's are going to see a great comedian at The Opera House in Buxton tonight. Dinner first and then a weekend of golfing, wining and dining

Thank You ! Hope the CP's have a great one too :beer:

Way to go Slave. Liking the biccy platter. What would this behold I wonder? Maybe a Choccie Hob Nob or for the savoury trip maybe a selection of Arnotts shapes? Heavy on the BBQ for me :munchies:

haha, well i used it yesterday. we had 2 of the new flavoured shapes, bbq steak and onion, and a honey soy chicken to try. not bad. and we had some cheddar and some danish fetta, and sliced tomato :)