What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Recently I've undertaken the manliest challenge of all-time. I'm going to eat at every BBQ house in the KC area. We have the best BBQ in the world here and I'm going to experience it all. Every time I knock out a new one I'm happy. When I finally finish I'll be a national hero! And I'll probably have a clogged artery or two.

If I get really crazy I might go back to this place and try this sandwich:

If you eat it all in 45 mins it's free. If you fail they put your face on the wall of shame in the restaurant and it cost $55.

Recently I've undertaken the manliest challenge of all-time. I'm going to eat at every BBQ house in the KC area. We have the best BBQ in the world here and I'm going to experience it all. Every time I knock out a new one I'm happy. When I finally finish I'll be a national hero! And I'll probably have a clogged artery or two.

If you eat it all in 45 mins it's free. If you fail they put your face on the wall of shame in the restaurant and it cost $55.

I could never do it. It would destroy me. I watch alot of those cooking shows where they tour the country and you see alot of great dishes. just curious, have you posted any pics of yourself in the forum? I only know what a very small percentage of people here look like. my picture is posted in several places. Back to the barbecue, if its pork, that is worse than chicken for the fat. Unless you are eating the skin. The sides are usuallly the killer.

^ That's why they call it the Ultimate Destroyer! :D And the fat isn't a big concern since everyone who attempts this probably gains 10 pounds anyways. I kinda want to try it just to get my face on the wall of shame. You know they actually make you sign a release form saying they are not responsible if the sandwich kills you! That's no joke either. You also get a bucket in case you can't keep it down.

I have not posted a picture of myself here. Perhaps I will.

^ That's why they call it the Ultimate Destroyer! :D And the fat isn't a big concern since everyone who attempts this probably gains 10 pounds anyways. I kinda want to try it just to get my face on the wall of shame. You know they actually make you sign a release form saying they are not responsible if the sandwich kills you! That's no joke either. You also get a bucket in case you can't keep it down.

I have not posted a picture of myself here. Perhaps I will.

Nobody is going to judge you DAS. Dont worry about it. We are not holding a beauty contest here. Its just nice to know who you are talking to. My picture is in "post a picture of yourself" but you probably have to go back a ways. It could be under either Silvermedalist, or Yukon Cornelius or Icantquityoubabe,. Ha. three of my former names.

I absolutely looooooved Arthur Bryant's when we were in KC. Can't wait to get back there so we can go again. Also heard good things about Gates (I think that's the name). I'll be waiting for your verdict on the best there is!

Nobody is going to judge you DAS. Dont worry about it. We are not holding a beauty contest here. Its just nice to know who you are talking to. My picture is in "post a picture of yourself" but you probably have to go back a ways. It could be under either Silvermedalist, or Yukon Cornelius or Icantquityoubabe,. Ha. three of my former names.

I have to agree with you. It is nice to know who you are talking too.

Finding out that the spot on my mammogram was benign :gotmail:

Cindy, it appears gremlins have stolen the rest of your post...what was the good news?

I have to agree with you. It is nice to know who you are talking too.

Well, I would advise DAS and anyone else, especially the women/girls here, to be careful of what you post. There are still nefarious elements about that could use your photos in unwelcome ways.

I absolutely looooooved Arthur Bryant's when we were in KC. Can't wait to get back there so we can go again. Also heard good things about Gates (I think that's the name). I'll be waiting for your verdict on the best there is!

Don't hold your breath since it will probably take a couple years since I was able to find a list of BBQ in town and it had a list of 69 restaurants. If you come through here again eating at Gates is a great idea. My three favorites are Wyandotte, Gates and Rosedale. That list may change as I try new restaurants. One of the next places I'm trying is Jackstack BBQ. Everyone who has had it acts likes it's a euphoric experience. I can't wait. :)

Looked out of the bedroom window this morning and a big fat Pheasant was pecking away under the plum tree in the garden where I have a bird feeder full of sunflower seeds. Not sure what sex it was but I will name it Dennis, for no apparent reason. :D

We have Pheasants around here too, though not native to these parts. Here the male and female are easy to distinguish. Like ducks the male is very colorful and the female is quite plain.

So unlike the human race...our females are the most beautiful.

We have Pheasants around here too, though not native to these parts. Here the male and female are easy to distinguish. Like ducks the male is very colorful and the female is quite plain.

So unlike the human race...our females are the most beautiful.

Yes that is correct. Where there's one you usually find two. They are very common here. I hear them everyday in the fields behind my house. Noisy bastards they are. My camara was downstairs and by the time I had the chance he/she had flown off. Beautiful bird though I think Female. So I may have to re name it. One thing though, I do like to eat them. :o

Edited by chillumpuffer