What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Who is doing the reading, Victoria? Hope it's someone with a suitable voice that doesn't mangle the French. Too bad you can't have Victor Hugo read it to you.

Oh it's definitely better than the musical. ;)

The guy who reads it has a fantastic accent and has one over 10 grammy awards for his audiobook reading. Of course I am not going to read it all at once but it really helps to listen to it while doing homework.

^^^

That's great, V...I love it when they have great accents. I generally have always preferred to read a book myself, but I learned the benefits of audiobooks when I first heard Peter Dennis' readings of "Winnie-the-Pooh" back in the 1990s. Absolutely brilliant. A great talent....sadly passed away; I urge you to seek out any audiobook read by him.

What made me happy today was when I got back into L.A. tonight after a week away, my friend took me to a belated birthday dinner at Lawry's Prime Rib. Mmmmmmm.

post-1470-0-27854200-1347517768_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-63534100-1347517796_thumb.jp

After running and screaming all round my house when I read the news here...well, yes, I really think it made me quite happy too! :D

Moreover, I hardly admit it but...I didn't know anything about this before (I haven't been here for quite a long time), so it was such a surprise!!

Edited by JuliaFinch

today is my 1st wedding anniversary.

we spent a night in another city a few hours away, and went to see America perform. they sounded great!

A most happy anniverary!!! Sounds like a lovely time. And I'm so glad you found such a wonderful husband!

I don't need anything to make me happy. I'm always happy!

Wow, I wish everybody was always so cheerful like you! Sometimes life can be quite annoying and sad for the rest of us...but most of the times, it's about personalities.

For example, I often have to listen to music to feel happy! :lol:

we spent a night in another city a few hours away, and went to see America perform. they sounded great!

A belated Happy Anniversary to you and your Romeo, Juliet! Sounds like you've finally hit the jackpot in love. :toast:

Just found out I get to go with my dad to the drag races this coming Saturday! It's my first time to go this year. I love being with my dad. ^_^

Hooray for you, LZG! Great for you to get away from work and immerse yourself in the calming roar of engines and smell of burning rubber.

Ten minutes ago I inherited nearly a hundred CDs from my dear uncle Andrea (who's going to move house and doesn't have any place to put them)!!!

...Gosh, ther're more than a hundred! :D

Whoa! We have another winner...that's quite a score! Need any help sorting them? ;)

Hi Julie, I know this is late but here's wishing you a belated happy anniversary! Hope you had a lovely time! May you and your husband have many many more wonderful times together!!! Cheers to you! :friends:

What made me happy was that today was the very first time an NZ cinema chain website (Hoyts.co.nz) officially advertised the movie "Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day", so the movie is most certainly going to be screened here! Whew! That's a relief! :lol:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

What made me happy was that today was the very first time an NZ cinema chain website (Hoyts.co.nz) officially advertised the movie "Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day", so the movie is most certainly going to be screened here! Whew! That's a relief! :lol:

Good for you!! I also found out that the show is going to be screened in Milan but, for various reasons, I haven't managed to buy the tickets yet. I'm quite worried about losing it :unsure: Finger crossed!