What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My Great Niece got her 1st Choice of Secondary School, and got her Tickets for 'Justin Bieber' Concert..(She is only 11)

Think she was more worried about going to see 'Justin' than her choice of School...

Haha awww! Are you going to be accompanying her? And well done to her for getting into her school!!

Haha so you're not a Belieber I take it :P Yeah they'll need it! If I remember bein 11 there'll be lots of screaming ^_^

I'm a Belieber that the youth of today are having there ears assaulted in general by 'Crap'...lol

How is the Flood Damage coming along

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

I'm a Belieber that the youth of today are having there ears assaulted in general by 'Crap'...lol

How is the Flood Damage coming along

LOL so true ^_^ Although when I was that age it was no better..I really liked Hanson and A1 :slapface: haha! Didn't find Zeppelin until I was 13!

Very well! Thank you for asking! :D I haven't ordered anything yet, but I've chosen a hardwood floor, my kitchen cabinet door fronts and a countertop! The insurance has approved the estimate so I'll be able to officially order at the start of this week!! Also I think they've already started some of the repairs in the basement, but I haven't been out there to see it yet. It's definitely getting exciting though!! :D

LOL so true ^_^ Although when I was that age it was no better..I really liked Hanson and A1 :slapface: haha! Didn't find Zeppelin until I was 13!

Very well! Thank you for asking! :D I haven't ordered anything yet, but I've chosen a hardwood floor, my kitchen cabinet door fronts and a countertop! The insurance has approved the estimate so I'll be able to officially order at the start of this week!! Also I think they've already started some of the repairs in the basement, but I haven't been out there to see it yet. It's definitely getting exciting though!! :D

Glad to say having older Brothers and Sisters 'The Beatles,Floyd, Hendrix' were the Tunes that I grew up with...

It sounds like it is all moving along nicely, hope it gets finished quickly...

Glad to say having older Brothers and Sisters 'The Beatles,Floyd, Hendrix' were the Tunes that I grew up with...

It sounds like it is all moving along nicely, hope it gets finished quickly...

Lucky you had cool ones! I had an older step-sister, but she liked The Vengaboys and N'Sync :lol: So no help there :P

Thank you, I think it is and it should only be about 10 more weeks.

The nicest thing happened to me today! I went through a drive-thru at a fast food restaurant and when I got to the window to pay the little old man in front of me had already paid for my meal! Makes me want to go be randomely nice to people :)

Lucky you had cool ones! I had an older step-sister, but she liked The Vengaboys and N'Sync :lol: So no help there :P

Thank you, I think it is and it should only be about 10 more weeks.

The nicest thing happened to me today! I went through a drive-thru at a fast food restaurant and when I got to the window to pay the little old man in front of me had already paid for my meal! Makes me want to go be randomely nice to people :)

Poor you.. ;)

How Sweet of Him..

My brother is visiting for a few days and he cooked me the biggest plate of bacon and eggs, with all the usual trimmings.

I'm going to explode!

Puffer, i'll get back to you on my gozleme recipe when I have more time, but gozleme's are Turkish. Particularly popular street fare type food cooked by the old Mumma's and Pappa's in their little stalls.

A quick Google pics link below

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=gozleme&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=qDJ&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=x54yUYO6BvGTiAfekYHwAg&ved=0CFQQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=896

^^^

That looks interesting...like a Turkish version of a quesadilla.

Today is record swap meet day. So I'm very happy. After missing the last two, I'm hoping to finally score the new Landover 1977 soundboards of the 25th and 30th. :)

Why did I post that ^^ here ....... and not the food thread? :wacko:

Stupid woman! :rolleyes:

I thought it was a fine place for it...after all, it made you happy, right? Happy is as happy does.

Well I sure hope you left her a big juicy 20 %

20% is my standard tip. For real good service, I leave 25% or more.

Why...are the repairmen hot? :P

That is a great story. Need more stories like this.

A stranger and his wife went above and beyond to do something nice for me a few years back. I tried to give them some cash for their kindness, they wouldn't have any of it. The man asked me to do something nice for someone else as payment. I'll never forget it.

2 things made me happy today ... I just made the final payment on my car today! I also found an invaluable website. I have done family history research for many years and just came across a site that has online vital records from the region in Italy from where my ancestors came. I was able to print out tons of records that would have otherwise cost me a great deal of time and money.

Why...are the repairmen hot? :P

Haha! I don't know since I haven't seen them yet ^_^ But if they aren't 69 with long white hair I probably wouldn't find them very hot :P It's just exciting pickin out all the stuff because I love decoratin! Here's what I've chosen for my countertop, cabinets, and floor :)

floorfinal.jpg

Hope it all goes well for you. I'll be joining you in 3wks time so maybe we can have a wheelchair race or two :lol:

Was going to post here and say that I'm happy to be home recovering/walking around... but damn, wheelchair racing sounds fun! :lol: I think we still should. :D

Seriously though, ally, sending good thoughts your way. I can't imagine being in that kind of pain, with the added stress of cancelled operations. Wishing you the safest and most comfortable of recoveries.

lightandshade, i hope all goes well for you :)

Thanks, slave to zep. Hope that your wrist is feeling better, and that your employer is being nicer to you!

Thanks also to Scarlet, Cecil and Fool in the Rain for the good wishes.

Congratulations, Walter, and happy belated birthday, april_lynn! :)

Two things:

1. I started a new job over the weekend that I am really excited about! The owners are great people and very motivated to build a business and I feel very fortunate that they sought me to help them. It feels like I've paid my dues and great things are around the corner.

2. I deactivated my Facebook account.

:)