2008 Tour Bittersweet for O2 Attendees?

I'm curious how people attending the O2 show feel about a possible 2008 tour? Speaking for myself, I took a chance and did what I needed for tickets because I wouldn't miss a one-off reunion for anything. That said, I've spent thousands of dollars on this trip and am not sure I would have done it knowing a tour was to follow. Of course, we still don't know if that will happen but it sure seems likely. In any event, it's a bittersweet feeling because I'd love to see Led Zeppelin several times over the next year but ouch! The financial pinch of the O2 show is less tolerable in light of a US tour. Life is unpredictable, however, and I think something can be said about seizing the day. Any thoughts or feelings?

I'm curious how people attending the O2 show feel about a possible 2008 tour? Speaking for myself, I took a chance and did what I needed for tickets because I wouldn't miss a one-off reunion for anything. That said, I've spent thousands of dollars on this trip and am not sure I would have done it knowing a tour was to follow. Of course, we still don't know if that will happen but it sure seems likely. In any event, it's a bittersweet feeling because I'd love to see Led Zeppelin several times over the next year but ouch! The financial pinch of the O2 show is less tolerable in light of a US tour. Life is unpredictable, however, and I think something can be said about seizing the day. Any thoughts or feelings?

I too am going to the O2 show from the USA. I see why there's a reason to be bitter if they come over here BUT -- there was no way for me to know that they were planning on coming here (still dont know for sure). And the way I see it, what seemed like a final chance - was there clear as day and I took it. I would have been so pissed had I not taken the opportunity to go and they never played a show again. So, I still feel good about it and when the show is over, I doubt I'll have any regrets. I dont have much $, but I do have the $ to go to London to see them and yes spending the thousands will hurt a little knowing I didnt really HAVE to spend it --- but one day I know it wont matter and I will definately be able to say it was worth it.

PLUS, this london show is the very FIRST of what seems to be a TRUE Zeppelin "reunion." The entire music WORLD is focused on this show. I mean, the energy in the O2 before they hit the stage will be worth the total price paid alone. Its going to be REAL FUN. Its going to be a big chapter in the music history books and its gonna be a good one.

This all being said, I am still going to go to at least one show if they come to the USA.

Even if there's a world tour...it doesn't mean they'll come to Brazil.

The world is bigger than Europe and the US.

:rolleyes:

That's certainly true but I can only speak for myself. Not much chance of Zeppelin skipping over the New York region.

I'll be at the O2 show and it's cost me a lot to get there. But, I still hope they tour and don't have any bitter tainting my sweet at the moment. I'd love a tour - there would be something to look forward to after the O2 show.

Also, as someone pointed out above, I think the atmosphere at the O2 will be absolutely electric.

Another point is that if they tour there's a good chance they'll be playing in huge venues that'll make the O2 show seem intimate in comparison.

So, I'm all for a tour! Would I have been so desperate to get to the O2 if I had known they were going to tour? Possibly not, but I'm glad I did, tour or no tour.

I'll be at the O2 show and it's cost me a lot to get there. But, I still hope they tour and don't have any bitter tainting my sweet at the moment. I'd love a tour - there would be something to look forward to after the O2 show.

Also, as someone pointed out above, I think the atmosphere at the O2 will be absolutely electric.

Another point is that if they tour there's a good chance they'll be playing in huge venues that'll make the O2 show seem intimate in comparison.

So, I'm all for a tour! Would I have been so desperate to get to the O2 if I had known they were going to tour? Possibly not, but I'm glad I did, tour or no tour.

Have to agree if they do a tour it will be in gigantic stadiums which will make the O2 seem like a club gig! and indoors so sound should be good. So as an O2 attendee I would be more than happy for them to do a tour and would most likley try to go to atleast a couple of shows.

Cheers

Warby

Have to agree if they do a tour it will be in gigantic stadiums which will make the O2 seem like a club gig! and indoors so sound should be good. So as an O2 attendee I would be more than happy for them to do a tour and would most likley try to go to atleast a couple of shows.

Cheers

Warby

I would wonder about that... considering there had been some aversion to "stadium" type gigs mentioned over the years. Of course, here in the Houston area, we have the best of everything: a brand-new stadium, a premier outdoor venue, and several well known arena-sized venues. I imagine Houston would naturally be a stop in the Lone Star state along with the DFW area.

I say... bring 'em on!

Never saw a tour coming from this but then I never believed this show would happen at first.

No way would I missouton the 02 thinking "ah well I can see them on tour" especially as no one has confirmed any tour at all. JP wouldn't turn his nose up at it JPJ hasn't dismissed the idea from what we have heard so far.

RP still sticks by the one off show at this point and he seems rightly to want to tour whith AK next years, as is his right to do so.

So go to the 02 you might have lived to regret it if you don't and nothing comes of it.

iI daresay there would be plenty around here who would be happy to go in your place so that you can hope that a tour happens.

Never saw a tour coming from this but then I never believed this show would happen at first.

No way would I missouton the 02 thinking "ah well I can see them on tour" especially as no one has confirmed any tour at all. JP wouldn't turn his nose up at it JPJ hasn't dismissed the idea from what we have heard so far.

RP still sticks by the one off show at this point and he seems rightly to want to tour whith AK next years, as is his right to do so.

So go to the 02 you might have lived to regret it if you don't and nothing comes of it.

iI daresay there would be plenty around here who would be happy to go in your place so that you can hope that a tour happens.

Tour or no tour, we have the gig of the century to look forward to. Still get goose-bumps thinking about Knebworth. If it half the show that night was it'll be awesome and worth every penny.

ya only live once, money is no object here - bring it on!

Stop your moaning, you lucky bastard! :) If your worried about the money...sell the tickets for a profit. But let me ask you this, when your old and spent - would you rather have the memories or the money? Count your blessings you got a ticket. Besides, would you rather see the O2 Reunion or some stop on a world tour? Keep it in perspective - Go to London, see amazing show, have tons of fun! LIFE IS SHORT - LIVE LARGE!

Halleluja! I totally agree!

My friend and I first booked none refundable flight tickets first from our little island to the main land and then to London.

Cost us more than the concert tickets to re book but hey, what the hell!

This is sure going to be something to tell the grandchildren.

No way is this bittersweet. They might all die or fall on the paving stones in their gardens before Dec. 10. If you get to see the concert you will be very fortunate.

And as for 2008 that might as well be another universe dont let it worry you. Money is only money ...you are going to see the closest thing to zeppelin since 1980.

No way is this bittersweet. They might all die or fall on the paving stones in their gardens before Dec. 10. If you get to see the concert you will be very fortunate.

And as for 2008 that might as well be another universe dont let it worry you. Money is only money ...you are going to see the closest thing to zeppelin since 1980.

Can't take anything for granted I suppose. A further disruption to the O2 show would certainly be a heartbreaker. Getting in on the first and possibly only show of this reunion is definitively worth it. I live from my dreams and a pocketful of lint. Heh, it ain't that bad. Can't wait to party with everyone from around the globe. If not the only concert, it will certainly be the most international.

I'm sorry, but it's not just personally irresponsible to blow a ton of money on a rock concert, it's fiscally irresponsible as well. If you have the money to spare, it's one thing. But a lot of people don't, and they go into debt for frivolous reasons. If it's a choice between seeing Zeppelin and making sure your rent gets paid, screw the concert.

Money is very much an object for the working stiffs of the world.

It is costing me thousands to fly from Canada for the concert, thousands that I don't have...I really cannot afford to go, but as a good friend said to me "You can't afford NOT to go!!!" ... it really is an opportunity of a lifetime. And, I've never been to London so I'm looking forward to enjoying the city for a few days and seeing the sights. Would I be bittersweet if they go on tour and hit North America .... not at all. The more people that get to experience Led Zeppelin the better as far as I'm concerned, I feel really bad about millions of people out there including many close friends who will not be able to see the O2 show. I guess if it does happen, I'll have spent money I didn't have to to see Zeppelin, but then again there will be an excitement and energy level for this first reunion concert that will make it extra special, so to me it will be worth whatever I spend to see it.

You are doing the right thing by going to the gig as I would !! tour or not !

Archived