New Audience Tape

chillumpuffer

I just happened to see this very interesting quote on the UU website reviewing the new edition of "Tight But Loose" fanzine. Anyone know any more about it?

"Finally, and tucked away at the end of the magazine on page 29, is the incredibly exciting and highly interesting revelation by Christophe le Pabic of a complete audience recording from a concert by the band on 6th December 1969, at the L'Ecole Central in Chatenay-Malabry in France. A really major and exciting discovery! "

I just happened to see this very interesting quote on the UU website reviewing the new edition of "Tight But Loose" fanzine. Anyone know any more about it?

"Finally, and tucked away at the end of the magazine on page 29, is the incredibly exciting and highly interesting revelation by Christophe le Pabic of a complete audience recording from a concert by the band on 6th December 1969, at the L'Ecole Central in Chatenay-Malabry in France. A really major and exciting discovery! "

I just looked in my book the Concert Files and on page 89 there is a mention of this show. It says that this show was a 45 minute set that included:

Good Times - Communication Breakdown

You Shook Me

How Many More Times

Whole Lotta Love

Heartbreaker.

Shared the bill with the Pretty Things, Vibriations (the books spelling) and Triangle.

"The gig was at the Chatenay Malabry at the prestigious Engineering school Centrale. This special show was for the students only and not announced to the press. Part of the deal for them to appear was that they were booked into the Georges V hotel and had the use of black Citereon cars, the type used by General De Gaulle. Their fee was 16,500 francs.

I really hope that this rare bootleg soon makes the light of day for all Us Led Zeppelin fans to hear and appreciate (know matter what the sound quality).

I just looked in my book the Concert Files and on page 89 there is a mention of this show. It says that this show was a 45 minute set that included:

Good Times - Communication Breakdown

You Shook Me

How Many More Times

Whole Lotta Love

Heartbreaker.

Shared the bill with the Pretty Things, Vibriations (the books spelling) and Triangle.

"The gig was at the Chatenay Malabry at the prestigious Engineering school Centrale. This special show was for the students only and not announced to the press. Part of the deal for them to appear was that they were booked into the Georges V hotel and had the use of black Citereon cars, the type used by General De Gaulle. Their fee was 16,500 francs.

I really hope that this rare bootleg soon makes the light of day for all Us Led Zeppelin fans to hear and appreciate (know matter what the sound quality).

Great book! I should have referenced that show as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a good show. HMMT is outstanding with the gems inside the medley. The rhythm section takes some coaxing from Jimmy's guitar to get on board...

The final show of the 1960's, still playing the smaller venues before the big shows and insane success arrived...

Just got the show. What a find!

The recording can be rated as Very Good to Excellent. The volume is jumpy a lot. Bonham is the least distorted and is pushed to the back. Robert, Jimmy, and John Paul are up close and distorted. But nonetheless, what a priceless recording!

Setlist is:

Good Times Bad Times intro- Communication Breakdown

I Can't Quit You

Heartbreaker

Dazed and Confused

White Summer-Black Mountain Side

You Shook Me

Moby Dick

How Many More Times

Totally fuckin' A right on about that!

I am actually kinda surprised that some bootlegging pigfucker hasn't booted yer Birmingham '77 recording yet, Jabe. Guaranteed this new '69 show will be booted within the next couple of weeks, and equally guaranteed it won't sound as good as this initial upload...and a whole lotta suckers will download the goddamn bootleg version and pronounce it great :lol: Said it before, I'll say it again: PT Barnum was right!

Surprised also, jabe. Lucky for me, I have the original .flac files, rather than some compressed bootleg.

For some reason my Spidey Senses tell me that had I shared out the 'raw' recording (which I still have, of course- the CDRs Jabe sent me) that was un-speed corrected, un-remastered and un-patched some bonehead probably would have booted it...and then no doubt proceed to do the same kinda work on the thing that I did :lol:

For some reason my Spidey Senses tell me that had I shared out the 'raw' recording (which I still have, of course- the CDRs Jabe sent me) that was un-speed corrected, un-remastered and un-patched some bonehead probably would have booted it...and then no doubt proceed to do the same kinda work on the thing that I did :lol:

Well, I received some valuable advice from you, Nutrocker.

And I'm damn glad you made it available to the masses as soon as you did.

I can count on way less than 10 fingers the people I've sent the "official" discs to. With the limited edition/numbered avatar cover and a photo or two I took at the concert. (Accept no substitutes! heh heh) Everyone in possession would recognize each others name. So far, only one other person I'm aware of, has undertaken the effort and time to improve the quality like you did Nutrocker, but without the patching. They sent me their version, but I have no idea if it's floating about.

The discs are in five different countries and I'm shipping another copy to a familiar name in the U.K. this week. Will probably let the rest gather dust for a while...

If someone tries to make a buck off 'Not For Sale', I hope they are paid in conterfeit currency!

I am actually kinda surprised that some bootlegging pigfucker hasn't booted yer Birmingham '77 recording yet, Jabe. Guaranteed this new '69 show will be booted within the next couple of weeks, and equally guaranteed it won't sound as good as this initial upload...and a whole lotta suckers will download the goddamn bootleg version and pronounce it great :lol: Said it before, I'll say it again: PT Barnum was right!

Without the bootleggers, we wouldn't have many SBDs or the multis.

Without the bootleggers, we wouldn't have many SBDs or the multis.

Fully concur. It takes money to motivate many people in this world, in varying situations, myself included. These new SBDs would not see the light of day if a profit was not to be made - its called capitalism. We don't have to agree with their sometime suspect motives or means, but I don't agree with many "companies" and their capital raising efforts - that's just the way it is.

Bootleggers owe us nothing. If we don't want to pay and we want to critize than we won't hear the music. Simple as that.

Archived