Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

2 new dates added:

Chicago, May 31

Toronto, June 6

I was looking at the ACC site..I don't see June 6 listed yet...I looked up tickets prices for May's date and I was right...they are upwards to $600.00...I assume that June's prices will be similar ...can't afford it....glad I saw them in the 70's!!!!!

Second Rolling Stones date in Hyde Park announced

After The Rolling Stones’ first Hyde Park show on Saturday 6 July sold out within minutes of going on sale a second Hyde Park concert has been announced for Saturday 13th July. Both concerts are part of the band’s “50 and Counting” tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ylnFnFPRIg

Sorry, but the Stones are being a bunch of greedy pricks. It was one thing this winter when they did a handful of special shows, but to do a national tour and expect over $450 for a good seat (or higher) is completely lame. Hell, nose bleeds are around $150 (which most artists charge for the good seats). The worst part is that they will sell all these shows out and other artists will starting charging higher prices too. F the Stones!

Understand your support for your band, but seriously 2bit, you have to be put off by their greed - at least somewhat! I understand the whole looking forward to the boot thing, with Mick Taylor back in the fold, but c'mon....

So, no one's forcing you to buy a ticket. I'm expecting some great boots from these upcoming shows, especially with Mick T confirmed to be playing on the tour.

I went to the PPV show in Dec and paid $300 face for a really good seat. Why the fuck do they have to charge $150 more? Ridiculous and btw, Mick Taylor only plays one song, Midnight Rambler. Damn shame because he's way better than Keith.

I went to the PPV show in Dec and paid $300 face for a really good seat. Why the fuck do they have to charge $150 more? Ridiculous and btw, Mick Taylor only plays one song, Midnight Rambler. Damn shame because he's way better than Keith.

Mick Taylor got a two song deal for the North American dates. Bill Wyman got the same offer, found it insulting and has opted out altogether.

Sorry, but the Stones are being a bunch of greedy pricks. It was one thing this winter when they did a handful of special shows, but to do a national tour and expect over $450 for a good seat (or higher) is completely lame. Hell, nose bleeds are around $150 (which most artists charge for the good seats). The worst part is that they will sell all these shows out and other artists will starting charging higher prices too. F the Stones!

Hyde Park seating chart confusion is creating a fiasco:

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1801859,page=34

Mick Taylor got a two song deal for the North American dates.

Hadn't heard that, but this recent quote from Keith suggests he might be playing on more than just 2 songs:

It took us all, and himself, on another journey, but it was great to have him playing with us last year; I look forward to spreading that around a bit. Ronnie [Wood] and I, you know, we’re two guitars in the Stones, and on the records, there are at least four or five guitars, we overdub and overlay and overlay. And to have a third guitar in and add somebody else for flavor, to us, it’s a sheer luxury.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/19301626-421/keith-richards-calls-chicago-a-musical-heaven-for-the-stones.html

So, the first show of the tour is May 2 at Staples Center, L.A.

Alas, count me out. With tickets going for $300 and up, and the soulless environs of Staples Center(a terrible concert venue), I have no desire to see them anymore.

Apparently, neither does Bill Wyman, whose absence is another reason I am opting out of this latest Stones money-grab.

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

No dice. Line was huge and tix sold out before I was even close to the box office. That's what I get for not being an internet junkie and connected to Facebook and twitter...otherwise I would have found out in time to be in line early this morning.

Trying to work my connections but even the owner of the Echoplex is having a hard time getting tix.