Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

Yet another great rock band I didn't get around to seeing live in their prime. I've never considered Mick Jagger to be any great shakes as a singer but he is a heck of a showman. He's also a very smart, very savvy guy who knows exactly what he wants for his band and how to get it. He and Keith Richards have penned some of the classic rock songs.

I think they need to pick up the pace. Every show from 2012 (and now 2013) sounds as if they're plodding along to a metonome.

That's exactly what the aerobics instructor at American House tells her students on a weekly basis.

What the fuck is this? $600 for a Rolling Stones concert? They've long gone stale, and it is a real shame that they're blatantly overpricing their last tour. So many fans that haven't ever seen them won't be able to attend their concert.

Paul McCartney is charging around $270 for best seats.

Edited by Geezer

What the fuck is this? $600 for a Rolling Stones concert? They've long gone stale, and it is a real shame that they're blatantly overpricing their last tour. So many fans that haven't ever seen them won't be able to attend their concert.

Paul McCartney is charging around $270 for best seats.

I've wondered how it must feel to spend $600 for a ticket only to see thousands more now being dumped for $85.00 to fill the venues. Given the dire state of the global economy there is quite frankly no band on tour in the world today worth anything near $600 a ticket.

It really is a shame that it seems Mick Taylor is only playing the one song, and the same song at that. Guess they don't want him to upstage Keith and Ronnie...

If I'm not mistaken his participation in this tour - to include what he performs - is governed strictly by contract.

I've wondered how it must feel to spend $600 for a ticket only to see thousands more now being dumped for $85.00 to fill the venues. Given the dire state of the global economy there is quite frankly no band on tour in the world today worth anything near $600 a ticket.

I heard a news report a few days back that this was happening, is the $600 ticket a "VIP" package or just good seat ?

It really is a shame that it seems Mick Taylor is only playing the one song, and the same song at that. Guess they don't want him to upstage Keith and Ronnie...

If I'm not mistaken his participation in this tour - to include what he performs - is governed strictly by contract.

It really is a shame both Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman aren't playing full time for this tour, considering:

1. It's the 50th Anniversary Tour and they belong there.

2. There are only a handful of dates so it's not like this is asking for a year's commitment.

3. This is likely the last time the Rolling Stones will perform in a touring capacity.

Like you said Steve, it comes down to contracts. I know Wyman wasn't happy he couldn't negotiate a better deal to be involved. I don't know if I can argue in his favor considering he has not had any input with the band since 1994 and Daryl Jones has assumed a respected position in the touring troupe. Mick Taylor's role is even more puzzling to me. Keith has said he loves having the three guitar sound because it adds more backbone to the songs and is more in step with how they were recorded for the albums. Unfortunately, I think it still comes down to ego with these guys. And I know, at the end of the day, Mick Jagger calls all the shots when it comes to the business side of things so it's hard to sympathize with any party here.

Bottom line: They've overcharged their fans once too many times and now it's making them look like absolute baffoons. They often cite their immense stage setup and traveling circus as the reason for high ticket prices. Well, the solution then is to play smaller venues which would arguably be better suited for old and new fans alike anyhow.

Edited by zeppy668

Yeah Bitch is great, too bad Keith can't play the leads nearly as well anymore, he's all over the place. Was cool to see that Mick Taylor played Satisfaction, three guitars make it pretty awesome.