LED ZEPPELIN CLAIM EUROPE'S TOP ALBUM

MrZoSo

Linkage

LED ZEPPELIN fans have given the reunited group the best Christmas gift - a chart-topping album. Remastered hits compilation Mothership has stormed up the European Top 100 Albums chart to claim the top spot five weeks after its release. It's the first time a Led Zeppelin album has claimed the number one spot all over Europe. The rockers reformed for a concert tribute to late Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun in London on 10 December (07).

21/12/2007 02:04

Awesome. Go Zeppelin. Almost 30 years after they broke up they top the European charts. Has any other band ever done that? I'm curious.

The Eagles were no. 1 last week Billboard European Top 100

for "Long Road Out of Eden" ...

the Eagle flies to Physical Graffiti here

click the Physical Graffiti album to watch eagle arrive

and settles at "Marco's place" New Center Climb (now called Roma Center Climb),

where this "Physical Graffiti" was posted over 3 years ago:

530472967_205a3492e0_m.jpg

Happy Holidays!

click the Yin Yang Jingle! :whistling:

Can they save the music industry...again?

Months ago I pre-orderd Mothership on Vinyl. I don't have the cd set yet, figured i'd leave it open for a Christmas gift. This did not surprise me. Now a new studio album, that would shake things up a bit huh? :)

The whole world is turned upside down right now. Who knows what the future holds.

Beatles 1 dwarfed what Mothership is doing

I'm not sure how this compares.

Beatles one, had new releases on it, which made it very enticing for fans. This is not the same is it?

Mothership is yet another compilation release from Zeppelin. I am a not surprised it's doing well, but #1?

Edit*

Then again you were answering someone elses question that I did not read, and now I see your point is valid. My bad. :D

I'm not sure how this compares.

Beatles one, had new releases on it, which made it very enticing for fans. This is not the same is it?

Mothership is yet another compilation release from Zeppelin. I am a not surprised it's doing well, but #1?

Edit*

Then again you were answering someone elses question that I did not read, and now I see your point is valid. My bad. :D

Beatles 1 didn't have new songs on it. It was a compilation album too. Are you thinking of the LOVE album? Which aren't new songs either, just remixed.

Beatles 1 didn't have new songs on it. It was a compilation album too. Are you thinking of the LOVE album? Which aren't new songs either, just remixed.

No, I was thinking of the thing they did with Real Love and Free as a bird. Obviously I was wrong. Sorry about that.

The Eagles were no. 1 last week Billboard European Top 100

for "Long Road Out of Eden" ...

the Eagle flies to Physical Graffiti here

click the Physical Graffiti album to watch eagle arrive

and settles at "Marco's place" New Center Climb (now called Roma Center Climb),

where this "Physical Graffiti" was posted over 3 years ago:

530472967_205a3492e0_m.jpg

Happy Holidays!

click the Yin Yang Jingle! :whistling:

No, I was thinking of the thing they did with Real Love and Free as a bird.

Real Love Movin' On

205334.jpg

Thomas-son, you know ... :mellow:

Archived