What's the weather like where you are?

madison

7 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

There is a weird look to outside. The sky is a blue colour and there is a soft light in the sky. There will be many children who may have never witnessed such an event. Folk are staring and pointing - and shorts are being worn. 32 degrees C not F. Pity it is only going to last one day, but hey small mercies?

Are they worried about that giant fireball in the sky? Have you assured them it is friendly and means no harm?

After a week of some sort of what you can describe as "summer" it's back to usual. Grey with a forecast of rain. This extends to the foreseeable future as we get north westerly gales and heavy rain. The word Autumn comes to mind. In fact some of the trees in our garden are turning and dropping. One of the worst summers I can ever remember. 

... and I thought it couldn't get any worse ! A curtain of heavy drizzle sweeps over the grey hills of Northern England. No wonder the Government are advising the population in taking Vitamin D as a supplement. We get no fucking sunlight in this dismal country

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

... and I thought it couldn't get any worse ! A curtain of heavy drizzle sweeps over the grey hills of Northern England. No wonder the Government are advising the population in taking Vitamin D as a supplement. We get no fucking sunlight in this dismal country

Come on over to Florida, cp....no shortage of sun here!  Another hot and sunny day in central Florida.  Heat index pegged at 104 and it's only 11:30 am.  Glad I already have my yard work out of the way.  Got a concert to attend tonight!

16 hours ago, Walter said:

Come on over to Florida, cp....no shortage of sun here!  Another hot and sunny day in central Florida.  Heat index pegged at 104 and it's only 11:30 am.  Glad I already have my yard work out of the way.  Got a concert to attend tonight!

Thanks man, but 104 degrees is just a tad hot for us. B)

Today. well the sky is blue and the sun is out. How that warms the soul? I hope it stays as i have a 1/4 final in a golf foursomes match this afternoon and have a BBQ for a few chums this evening. For what's on the griddle i'll post in the eats thread

Just got nailed with the most rain since the flash flood we got in Phoenix a year or so ago. Streets pretty well flooded, all happened in an hour roughly. the rain has died down, but if we get another pouring like that tonight it could get really flooded.

• 2 weeks later...