What's the weather like where you are?

madison

The Godz of Ice and Snow continue their retribution on us.  On Saturday we got hit with a winter "squall" that left us with 2 inches of snow on top of a half inch of ice!  A high of 31 degrees yesterday and today and a low tonight of 0-5 degrees.  Yea, global warming..... 

On 12/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, slave to zep said:

Yeah, we're safe but so much devastation,  and only the beginning  😥

I'm very sad reading about what you and your country mates are going through down in Oz, Jules.  I just read where yesterday was the hottest day in history for the entire country.  I hope and pray you find relief from the fires and heat.

12 hours ago, Walter said:

I'm very sad reading about what you and your country mates are going through down in Oz, Jules.  I just read where yesterday was the hottest day in history for the entire country.  I hope and pray you find relief from the fires and heat.

Thank you.

We are among the lucky ones, no immediate fires, closest an hour away. It's been burning and getting bigger for weeks!

We need RAIN!!!!

15 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Records are predicted to be broken AGAIN today for the heat. The oceans off WA are also experiencing a heatwave. Oysters and crabs are dying. It's unreal. It felt like January - in November!

That's crazy!  When sea creatures can't live in the environment they have thrived in for centuries, something is seriously wrong.  We are experiencing the same effects in our "colder" sections of the U.S. - fish living in the waters off Alaska have had massive numbers dying due to too high of temperatures.

15 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@slave to zep. very frightening and if it goes on OZ will become uninhabitable. 

Just the opposite: Been raining for 2 days straight. No let up. Though it is incredibly mild at 12 degrees c. Sorry can't send you any 

It's relentless 

http://google.org/crisismap/australia

Last wednesday we had 17C - above zero, not below. They should sell sangria at the christmas markets instead of mulled wine.
I stopped dreaming of a white christmas, one horse sleighs and chestnuts roasting and adapted my christmas songs playlist:

*To the moderators: If you feel that I have crossed the line with this post, then please feel free to delete it. Thanks.

The following is my opinion and I think that I have every right to express it as a member of this forum and as a member of the younger generation.

No one can change my mind or convince me otherwise. Argue with me all you like, but my views will not change. Feel free to think that I am brain-washed or whatever. I don't give a fuck anymore. Troll my post all you like. Mock me all you want. I will just put you on ignore.

I will not be silent any longer. This has been on my mind for quite sometime. 

I am an admirer of Greta Thunberg. That 16 year old little girl sure has guts. My generation and beyond need someone like her to protect our interests for a change. There. I said it. 

Also, I would like to state that:

As long as right wing and power thirsty politicians are in charge, we cannot expect "Climate Change" to be a priority any time soon. Therefore, climate related tragedies will sadly become common place at least for the foreseeable future.

Yes, I know that this is the weather thread. So, therefore, I think that it is appropriate that I air my views on climate change on this thread. Afterall, climate change is a weather-related phenomenon, is it not?! So, I am not off-topic.  

Not to worry. I won't speak of this again. I just had to get this off my chest. 

In summary, I think climate change is real. Period.

To all the people out there who think that climate change is a hoax, well, you can have your opinions and reasoning, but I respectfully disagree. So, therefore, just like I choose to be respectful of your opinions on the matter, you too can grow up and respect my views on the matter as well. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

2 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

*To the moderators: If you feel that I have crossed the line with this post, then please feel free to delete it. Thanks.

The following is my opinion and I think that I have every right to express it as a member of this forum and as a member of the younger generation.

No one can change my mind or convince me otherwise. Argue with me all you like, but my views will not change. Feel free to think that I am brain-washed or whatever. I don't give a fuck anymore. Troll my post all you like. Mock me all you want. I will just put you on ignore.

I am an admirer of Greta Thunberg. That 16 year old little girl sure has guts. My generation and beyond need someone like her to protect our interests for a change. There. I said it. 

As long as right wing and power thirsty politicians are in charge, we cannot expect "Climate Change" to be a priority any time soon. Therefore, climate related tragedies will sadly become common place at least for the foreseeable future.

Yes, I know that this is the weather thread. So, therefore, I think that it is appropriate that I air my views on climate change on this thread. Afterall, climate change is a weather-related phenomenon, is it not?! So, I am not off-topic.  

To all the people out there who think that climate change is a hoax, well, you can have your opinions and reasoning, but I respectfully disagree. So, therefore, just like I choose to be respectful of your opinions on the matter, you too can grow up and respect my views on the matter as well. 

Agreed. It’s a fact. What’s happening in the polar cap regions and across the Southern Hemisphere is the result of climate change and not just weather. 

13 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Especially when you have buffoons saying things like this............ And don't get me started on that twat Trump. Well said P. Let's hear the right wing idiots to answer you.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/australias-pm-defends-climate-stance-amid-wildfire-disaster/ar-BBYfQsp?ocid=spartandhp

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Especially when you have buffoons saying things like this............ And don't get me started on that twat Trump. Well said P. Let's hear the right wing idiots to answer you.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/australias-pm-defends-climate-stance-amid-wildfire-disaster/ar-BBYfQsp?ocid=spartandhp

Thanks, D! :) I do see a pattern when it comes to Trump and Morrison's ways of thinking, namely their immense love for "beautiful clean coal" 🤢 

By mentioning his majesty's name, I guess the so-called insults like "snow flake" and "never Trumper" will be hurled at me in the usual childish and immature way! :hysterical: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87