What's the weather like where you are?

madison

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

By mentioning his majesty's name, I guess the so-called insults like "snow flake" and "never Trumper" will be hurled at me in the usual childish and immature way! :hysterical: 

I for one wont be reading them as I have them on permanent ignore. Remember these people stateside have never left their country let alone know what's going on in the big wide world. I mean some of them don't even possess a passport !! :o

:santa:Hope you get what you wish for P. 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

I for one wont be reading them as I have them on permanent ignore. Remember these people stateside have never left their country let alone know what's going on in the big wide world. I mean some of them don't even possess a passport !! :o

:santa:Hope you get what you wish for P. 

A very sensible approach there, D! Yep. I do have the usual suspects on ignore. They can continue to live in their own little bubble and be silly about critical issues like climate change. I don't have the time nor patience for such ignorant individuals.

Anyway, on a more positive and festive note D, wishing you and the Mrs. a very merry Christmas! Do stay warm and safe and I hope you have a lovely Christmas feast! 🎄

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 12/23/2019 at 5:27 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

*To the moderators: If you feel that I have crossed the line with this post, then please feel free to delete it. Thanks.

The following is my opinion and I think that I have every right to express it as a member of this forum and as a member of the younger generation.

No one can change my mind or convince me otherwise. Argue with me all you like, but my views will not change. Feel free to think that I am brain-washed or whatever. I don't give a fuck anymore. Troll my post all you like. Mock me all you want. I will just put you on ignore.

I will not be silent any longer. This has been on my mind for quite sometime. 

I am an admirer of Greta Thunberg. That 16 year old little girl sure has guts. My generation and beyond need someone like her to protect our interests for a change. There. I said it. 

Also, I would like to state that:

As long as right wing and power thirsty politicians are in charge, we cannot expect "Climate Change" to be a priority any time soon. Therefore, climate related tragedies will sadly become common place at least for the foreseeable future.

Yes, I know that this is the weather thread. So, therefore, I think that it is appropriate that I air my views on climate change on this thread. Afterall, climate change is a weather-related phenomenon, is it not?! So, I am not off-topic.  

Not to worry. I won't speak of this again. I just had to get this off my chest. 

In summary, I think climate change is real. Period.

To all the people out there who think that climate change is a hoax, well, you can have your opinions and reasoning, but I respectfully disagree. So, therefore, just like I choose to be respectful of your opinions on the matter, you too can grow up and respect my views on the matter as well. 

👏 👏 👏

aus.fires_.png.2777b7b6544a22378c3333528313bae5.png

It's been an inferno this year in Australia. Thinking of you, Jules and Reggie and Ross and everyone else down under in Oz.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/21/everything-burning-australian-inferno-continues-choking-access-cities-across-country?fbclid=IwAR2ElG_Nxq01aqC5LirLTE9oBVPQm0GbLc5YyO9rDoUvHEaya1ilr-btEy4

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, slave to zep said:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

:( :( :( :( 

3 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

9.47pm 36 degrees Celsius down from 47 at 3.00pm.

Fires still raging.

Can’t believe it has remained as hot as that! I also can’t believe y’all aren’t getting more assistance than you are fighting the fires. I hope you both remain safe. 🙏🏻

Hey, we had a winter's day last wednesday. Unbelievable. We had snow, wafer-thin, but it snowed. Temperature around zero C. I was wearing a wolly hat, scarf and gloves and it felt like winter. I was happy.  :hurrah:

Thursday: 13 C :'(

We're finally getting some very light rain where I am courtesy of a thunder storm.

Hopefully it's going where it's needed too.

The downside is there is a risk of further fires because of lightning strikes associated with the storm.

Thank you all for your thoughts and best wishes.

Still a long way to go, another two months until Autumn.

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Climate change kicking in again: Ridiculously warm and sunny. Thought about a round of golf but it just doesn't feel right. No heating on and i feel like a salad for lunch. Weird.

Wow, thats warm for this time for you guys. This was interesting.

19c instead of below freezing. Crazy....