What's the weather like where you are?

madison

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

^   ^

You're welcomed to have some of ours.  We even made the news in your neck of the woods.  Yesterday could only be described as a tropical monsoon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8336753/Flooding-hits-parts-Midwest-evacuations-Michigan.html

Cor blimey Guv ! Biblical. We had the same last year when the Dam in the village nearly burst. We just need some rain to soften things up and make it green and pleasant.

Our course, whilst looking magnificent, is getting hard. A bit like a links course but on clay. You have to change which clubs to use and pitch it well in front of the green. Thin a wedge, then your knackered. Driving though, it's 300 yds happy days. 

Played well today but you know how it is?

25 minutes ago, Walter said:

Hot, humid with a chance of random downpours... summertime in central Florida! 

We haven't had hardly any rain in 2 months. Forget our green and pleasant land !! It's brown and the golf course is like playing off the main road. Rock hard. 

I have to water the garden morning and evening and the grass still doesn't grow and summer only officially starts next week. Time for a cold Peroni in the garden and a fat blunt me thinks? 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

We haven't had hardly any rain in 2 months. Forget our green and pleasant land !! It's brown and the golf course is like playing off the main road. Rock hard. 

I have to water the garden morning and evening and the grass still doesn't grow and summer only officially starts next week. Time for a cold Peroni in the garden and a fat blunt me thinks? 

We’ve had 2 tropical systems come through the last two weeks (Hurricane season doesn’t begin until June) so we’re up to our necks in it. Wish we could send just a little your way. I assume you have a well up there? 

Peroni and a blunt....a perfect combination. Put on Zep III and it’s the cherry on top! :thumbsup: 

15 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

+1 Absolutely!

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Beautiful. The most boring job in the world is weatherman for a Southern California tv station.

los-angeles-jacarandas-in-bloom.jpg.5f4144cefc1b6a908f4b447302408f2e.jpg

Ain't  that truth Strider. But it still doesn't stop them from making a big production out of "the weather" on the local news.  Dallas Raines always cracks me up with his OVER THE TOP weather reports and all of his prancing about while he shoes the weather map--- usually showing nothing.

I always laugh when they send a reporter out to cover rain drop and a few puddles of water like it is some level 5 hurricane.

1 hour ago, kipper said:

Ain't  that truth Strider. But it still doesn't stop them from making a big production out of "the weather" on the local news.  Dallas Raines always cracks me up with his OVER THE TOP weather reports and all of his prancing about while he shoes the weather map--- usually showing nothing.

I always laugh when they send a reporter out to cover rain drop and a few puddles of water like it is some level 5 hurricane.

Dallas Raines has been a ridiculous show pony from day one. I've always hated him.

What made him worse was that he took over as Eyewitness News 7's weatherman after my favourite, Dr. George Fischbeck, left. Compared to Dr. George, Dallas was an empty suit and haircut.

It's long been rumoured that Dr. George was one of the sugardaddies that bankrolled Angelyne.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Beautiful. The most boring job in the world is weatherman for a Southern California tv station.

los-angeles-jacarandas-in-bloom.jpg.5f4144cefc1b6a908f4b447302408f2e.jpg

That’s a beautiful pic. Hot and dry here today - heat index of 101. Heading to the beach for some R&R, Thursday through the weekend. 

Edited by Walter