What's the weather like where you are?

madison

About 4 inches of snow here in Plano, Texas.  Temperatures about 15 degrees.  With the wind chill - 20.  I don't mind because I lived in Saint Louis for 17 years and New Jersey for 3 years.  Most Texans freak out when the weather gets this bad (for Texas).  It's supposed to get worse in the next couple of days.

I don't even have a coat.  I have been wearing my Led Zeppelin or Saint Louis Cardinals Hoodies to keep warm.  

I so remember that stable jet stream when I was a kid in the 70’s in upstate NY. A few dips, but nothing like now....

We had feels like temps at almost 90 today. Insane. 

Edited by Walter

19 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Here in Colorado we had 3 inches of snow yesterday with a "high" of -3 degrees F (-19.4C) by mid-afternoon.  This morning, -15 F (actual temperature - wind chill is -26F).

Those temps in the US - wow   -19c and the like. Fuck that, I wouldn't be getting out of bed. Thankfully here in Queensland we have short winters that are fairly mild. 2 or 3 years ago it snowed right on the border (about a 2.5hr drive), but "snow" was a very generous term. Melted soon after it hit the ground. And that made the news! Gimme the long hot summers and beaches every day of the year!

Had an Australian girlfriend in the early 90s. Broke up when she went back to Oz and wanted me to go with her.
Couldn't be done - can't even stand the heat and sun of a British summer, so can you imagine if I'd gone to Collaroy Beach?! 🥵

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Those temps in the US - wow   -19c and the like. Fuck that, I wouldn't be getting out of bed. Thankfully here in Queensland we have short winters that are fairly mild. 2 or 3 years ago it snowed right on the border (about a 2.5hr drive), but "snow" was a very generous term. Melted soon after it hit the ground. And that made the news! Gimme the long hot summers and beaches every day of the year!

I'm SOOOOO jealous!  This morning, it's a balmy 2 degrees F!

On 2/18/2021 at 6:36 AM, Stryder1978 said:

Measurable snow every day since last Friday.  We got 5 inches here last night.

STILL waiting for that global warming to kick in!

I would explain the mechanics of global warming however I believe it would fall on deaf ears.