What's the weather like where you are?

madison

19 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Pretty sunny and balmy so far, even though the forecast called for cold and a lot of rain. But, it's early, so I won't call my local weather girl a liar yet.... :whistling:

Ive been to Florida a zillion times but never to Jacksonville.  Its like two hours North of Orlando right?  I hate Daytona Beach but just a bit South New Smyrna is not bad.  If you like being attacked by sharks especially they say.  I might try and catch a flight to Tampa in June and catch the Orioles there.  

On 2/11/2023 at 5:21 AM, paul carruthers said:

^^ I haven't been to Orlando in years, but recently, I've been to Ocala; that is 2 hours from me, so I would imagine getting to Orlando would take 2 or 3 more hours.

I guess if I had a dream destination--other than going to Queens or Flushing--it would be going to Miami....

Orlando is about 1 hour or so south of Ocala, depending on turnpike traffic. Takes us just short of 2 hours to get to Gainesville and right at 2 hours to hit I-295 in Jacksonville from here. 

Chilly morning today - 45 F - but by Thursday it'll be 86 again. Daytona 500 week usually signals the last of the cold weather for us. Gonna jump in the unheated pool this coming weekend, which is an annual event.