What's the weather like where you are?

madison

The Winter, on the whole, hasn't been too bad. Very dry and not really cold. The last few days have been a bit naff. Mix of rain and snow. But as we move glacially towards the change of clocks we do this on the 25th March, the Winter is getting like Jimmy's "Guitar Solo" from the 77 tour. Enough is enough

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The Winter, on the whole, hasn't been too bad. Very dry and not really cold. The last few days have been a bit naff. Mix of rain and snow. But as we move glacially towards the change of clocks we do this on the 25th March, the Winter is getting like Jimmy's "Guitar Solo" from the 77 tour. Enough is enough

Our summer was similar - not too hot, more like a Spring that just wouldn't quit. I think we had 4 days of stinking hot days and nights, and apart from that, not too bad at all. Very unusual.

I am hoping for a really mild winter. Nothing too cold.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:13 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So once again the  weatherman was wrong?  But once in a while they are right.  Like Saturday night here.  

Not at all.  About 30 seconds after the rumbling, the largest snowflakes I've ever seen fell from the sky. We're talking softballs.  Didn't last long, but it was pretty bizarre.  We've been right on the snow/sleet/rain line of the last few storms. 

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

The first day of what could be a week long cold snap, and I was sure the lower temps were done for in Florida. Oh well, still nice to walk around the neighborhood and not be dripping sweat after a few minutes....  :)

Kind of the same here in Phoenix. It's supposed to rain the next 3 days. Should be the last of the cooler temperatures that we will get in a while.

16 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Not at all.  About 30 seconds after the rumbling, the largest snowflakes I've ever seen fell from the sky. We're talking softballs.  Didn't last long, but it was pretty bizarre.  We've been right on the snow/sleet/rain line of the last few storms. 

Sounds like you had some good weed!  LOL.  Snowflakes that big?  Come on Bonger Hail I can see.  Snowflakes?   I wish you had taken pictures.  Miserable weather just like here is what you guys get.  Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo.  Im so sick of the cold.  It snowed here last night.  The plowman who got me good this year, as I paid him around $300 for he season rate, came for like the 4th or 5 time only.  Very little snow this year but now we get it in March when we don't want it.  At least it was a white Christmas

On 3/15/2023 at 4:54 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Sounds like you had some good weed!  LOL.  Snowflakes that big?  Come on Bonger Hail I can see.  Snowflakes?   I wish you had taken pictures.  Miserable weather just like here is what you guys get.  Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo.  Im so sick of the cold.  It snowed here last night.  The plowman who got me good this year, as I paid him around $300 for he season rate, came for like the 4th or 5 time only.  Very little snow this year but now we get it in March when we don't want it.  At least it was a white Christmas

I can't complain about the snow.  It's how I retired early.  As for your doubts, I can only add that 'slush balls' might be a better description of what was falling. Now are you going to force me to give a guy from Buffalo a lecture on the 26 varieties of snowflakes as put forth by the Inuit and the Republican Party? :book:

On 3/16/2023 at 10:45 AM, Bong-Man said:

I can't complain about the snow.  It's how I retired early.  As for your doubts, I can only add that 'slush balls' might be a better description of what was falling. Now are you going to force me to give a guy from Buffalo a lecture on the 26 varieties of snowflakes as put forth by the Inuit and the Republican Party? :book:

Funny  Bonger.  Funny!😃

Don't get me started!

All weekend high daytime temps were 20-25 degrees below normal.  We were at 34-36 degrees Fri through today.  Friday night, the weather guy said we could expect a trace to half an inch of snow by morning.  I went out at 0530 hours - 4 inches of heavy wet snow on top of a quarter to half inch of ice on the streets and sidewalks with 35-45 mph wing gusts.  Last night, the weather guy guy said we could expect .6 inches of snow by Monday night. I got up at 0300 hours this morning - 2 inches of snow on the ground.  All right, not a big miss.  Did my workout and in that hour and a half it dumped 5 more inches of snow and near white out conditions.  Checked phone for school closing - NOPE!  Shoved the 7 inches of snow.  Showered, changed ate breakfast, went back outside - ANOTHER 4 inches of snow had fallen during that time.  Still white-out conditions all the way to work.  Settled in at the office THEN they close school for the day!

SO to all you weathermen (and ladies), atmospheric scientists, school closure board  members and global warming disciples - FUSK YOU!