The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

On 11/2/2021 at 2:46 AM, RainbowElf said:

The current administration is communist, and yes fake news, only the news they want you to see and hear.

How come nothings been said about Hunter Biden's laptop and the content on it? If that were one of Trumps kids, they'd want to burn him at the stake.

So yes the craziness has been overwhelmingly from one side, the new administration.

Hey RainbowElf, we will have to agree to disagree. As a 45 year old man who has followed politics going back to the Regan Mondale election of 84, I can’t think of a crazier time in our history than the one we just got out of. I’m not saying I’m a fan of the current administration. But simply in my lifetime the amount of utter bullshit and crazy wacky conspiracy theory pushing nonsense was at an all time high. 

I am fairly certain that I have an understanding of communism. I personally think that is a slight stretch to accuse, and compare this administration to communism. But bless you for trying.

Be well RainbowElf! 

19 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

But of course, nothing screams neo-liberalism more than military intelligence. Of course the source is a rag less reputable than Völkischer Beobachter  :hysterical:

The American military is the fist of globalist liberalism, has been since the end of WW2.  And did you not get the memo that whole "Nazi" slander no longer works?  At least the German papers told the truth about the Ukrainian terror-famine, unlike such "reputable" sources as the NYT (who openly lied about it). 

5 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

The American military is the fist of globalist liberalism, has been since the end of WW2.  And did you not get the memo that whole "Nazi" slander no longer works?  At least the German papers told the truth about the Ukrainian terror-famine, unlike such "reputable" sources as the NYT (who openly lied about it). 

Well hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Now that whole "fist of global liberalism," oh myyyyyyyyyy. I believe I may be getting the vapours 😉 

9 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Well hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Now that whole "fist of global liberalism," oh myyyyyyyyyy. I believe I may be getting the vapours 😉 

There are broken clocks, then there's the MSM which tells you it's night when it's really day.

Hey, I just heard Big Bird received his vaccination. Now this is just bullshit, the fact is the COVID vaccine has NOT been approved for avian use.

Well, this speaks volumes. Another entitled lib bird jumping to the front of the line. What next, must we address the yellow one as they or them as well???

Masks now optional here. Over 80% of the population (QLD, not AU) are double vaccinated so lots of restrictions lifted. Doesn't feel much different to be honest as it has not been that bad in QLD (I do understand the people in retail/entertainment/etc. industries were much more severely impacted than I was, not trying to exclude their reality, and it is fucked up, no question). We continue to be surprisingly immune (pardon the pun) from cases. Maybe the "why" of that should be carefully considered.

I likely will travel to VIC in late January for work, which I'm mostly looking forward to.

5 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Masks now optional here. Over 80% of the population (QLD, not AU) are double vaccinated so lots of restrictions lifted. Doesn't feel much different to be honest as it has not been that bad in QLD (I do understand the people in retail/entertainment/etc. industries were much more severely impacted than I was, not trying to exclude their reality, and it is fucked up, no question). We continue to be surprisingly immune (pardon the pun) from cases. Maybe the "why" of that should be carefully considered.

I likely will travel to VIC in late January for work, which I'm mostly looking forward to.

Just wait a few hours and someone on this board will come along and tell you how wrong you are, that your life is actually a dystopian nightmare of which you contributed, and that you are in fact a commie-pinko. Of course this will be coming from someone who lives in the US and has never stepped foot in QLD much less Australia. 

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Just wait a few hours and someone on this board will come along and tell you how wrong you are, that your life is actually a dystopian nightmare of which you contributed, and that you are in fact a commie-pinko. Of course this will be coming from someone who lives in the US and has never stepped foot in QLD much less Australia. 

This from someone who never misses an opportunity to tell us the US should imitate Scandanavia, perhaps not realizing the entire population of Scandanavia is equivalent to one large American city.

17 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

This from someone who never misses an opportunity to tell us the US should imitate Scandanavia, perhaps not realizing the entire population of Scandanavia is equivalent to one large American city.

Nah, never said that. All I said was if the rest of the developed world can do A, B, & C so can we. It's not rocket science, nor do we need to re-invent the wheel. 

Hey, if you want a libertarian model of every person for themselves, social Darwinism, everything must be a zero-sum game fine, that's your right. Just as it is my right to question why the average American pays considerably more in taxes (all taxes, not just income) than those Scandinavian countries yet get almost nothing for it (again, talking about your average, working class American) in return. 

Hmmm, I wonder why that is???

10 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Just as it is my right to question why the average American pays considerably more in taxes (all taxes, not just income) than those Scandinavian countries yet get almost nothing for it (again, talking about your average, working class American) in return. 

Hmmm, I wonder why that is???

For the most part it's because people like you insist the solution to every problem is more Big Government.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

For the most part it's because people like you insist the solution to every problem is more Big Government.

I fully appreciate that position Steve. (Not saying Bob fits your view or is intitled to that response, but, agree.). Government overreach is practically unavoidable. So what works best - given the inescapable issue of having necessary bureaucracy? It undoubtably makes sense to (in certain situations) embrace "Big Government". It all (and always) depends on what the government thinks it's primary function is. That is key in these times more than other times it could be said - but I have not endured other times.....

I just hope the fact that this period (which greatly accelerated the cultural shift from personal interaction to digital interaction) does not end up as a net LOSS for advancement.

Edited by rm2551