The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

2 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Orwell would have had a field day with you.  We should start calling you Parsons.

I don't dob on anyone. For the dummies that means inform on. I've read 1984 too.

Freud would have a field day with you too.

2 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Orwell would have had a field day with you.  We should start calling you Parsons.

Totally worth fighting for:

Unpaid Covid fines will be taken from bank accounts and seized homes in Queensland | Daily Mail Online

Maybe you can do your patriotic duty and help seize assets?

If I were a Queenslander I would definitely fight against that. What a stupid idea of yours. At least you're a consistent recalcitrant.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:05 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

I believe the virus is real, but the response has been blown way out of proportion to the actual threat it poses to the bulk of the population.  It is mainly a risk to certain, clearly identifiable demographics (the elderly with preexisting health problems, it is irrelevant that you can find a few, young healthy individuals that have succumbed) who should be the focus of public health policy.  There is absolutely no justification for imposing lock-downs and economic shutdowns (which have unquestionably contributed to the elevated death toll while offering no discernible benefit) and mandating (under threat of losing jobs, access to basic necessities, etc.) the use of an experimental vaccine on demographics who have no real risk.  The media has fomented hysteria over the disease from the start, and they have lost what little credibility and trustworthiness they had remaining.  Political liberals have similarly bankrupted their moral capital by embracing the very things (mass surveillance, crony capitalism, etc.) they once claimed to oppose.  Public officials have been exposed repeatedly as frauds throughout.  And a large percentage of citizens prefer to chant slogans ("following the science", etc.) to rational, skeptical thought about all of this.  There is almost no American institution that has any kind of legitimacy remaining, which is why the system is so dependent on non-stop propaganda and intimidation.  This is the true cost of covid.  Literally anything different from what the US actually did here would have been a superior policy.

Thanks for the reply. I’m vaccinated, had a personal experience with a young person seemingly with no health issues pass away from COVID, and then a host of employees who got violently ill, and one who will never be the same as a result of COVID. Those are all personal experiences. I’m not going to pretend to know all the answers. But I do believe trying to take care of our fellow man is the correct and responsible thing to do. We politicize everything in the US. Maybe if we stopped doing that and just started working together we would see different a response, and have a bit more unity in this country. 

On 10/30/2021 at 4:04 AM, RainbowElf said:

More like a communist era.

How’s it going RainbowElf. I think that there is a bit of this going on. Unfortunately I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I see a party of a certain leaning behaving this way. And I just can’t agree with you on who it is. The craziness we have seen has been overwhelmingly from one side. Don’t trust anyone but them, everyone is fake but them, all news is corrupt except theirs. Only they have the answer, and only they can fix the problem. Pretty alarming when you look into it. Maybe if we start looking from within, and not to one affiliation. Just a thought. 

5 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

If I were a Queenslander I would definitely fight against that.

Keep in mind Reggie, this is not new policy targeting people because they were fined for Covid breaches, it is the existing framework for legal enforcement and capture of monies owed to the authorities who have decided not to pay. And even then, the system is to first engage and work out what can be done (payment plan etc.). The confiscation of assets is when the subject is the type of fuckwit who thinks the law doesn't or shouldn't apply to them and refuses all efforts at collection of what is owed. It's nothing new - and as with everything bureaucratic, it's far from perfect, but it is not a policy related to Covid, it's related to Debt Collection as existing policy.

Thank fuck we are in Australia mate. Look at Florida and Texas. Look at their populations, and their death rates. it's insane.

6 hours ago, Plant77 said:

How’s it going RainbowElf. I think that there is a bit of this going on. Unfortunately I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I see a party of a certain leaning behaving this way. And I just can’t agree with you on who it is. The craziness we have seen has been overwhelmingly from one side. Don’t trust anyone but them, everyone is fake but them, all news is corrupt except theirs. Only they have the answer, and only they can fix the problem. Pretty alarming when you look into it. Maybe if we start looking from within, and not to one affiliation. Just a thought. 

The current administration is communist, and yes fake news, only the news they want you to see and hear.

How come nothings been said about Hunter Biden's laptop and the content on it? If that were one of Trumps kids, they'd want to burn him at the stake.

So yes the craziness has been overwhelmingly from one side, the new administration.

22 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

I don't dob on anyone. For the dummies that means inform on. I've read 1984 too.

Freud would have a field day with you too.

Parsons wasn't an informant, who simply snitches for personal gain.  He was a true believer, even after they took him away.  In fact, he was deeply worried that he may have, in an absent-minded slip of the tongue or such, in fact uttered a critical word against Big Brother.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:46 AM, RainbowElf said:

The current administration is communist, and yes fake news, only the news they want you to see and hear.

How come nothings been said about Hunter Biden's laptop and the content on it? If that were one of Trumps kids, they'd want to burn him at the stake.

So yes the craziness has been overwhelmingly from one side, the new administration.

There is only one, proper response to such a post:

On 11/2/2021 at 4:45 AM, rm2551 said:

Keep in mind Reggie, this is not new policy targeting people because they were fined for Covid breaches, it is the existing framework for legal enforcement and capture of monies owed to the authorities who have decided not to pay. And even then, the system is to first engage and work out what can be done (payment plan etc.). The confiscation of assets is when the subject is the type of fuckwit who thinks the law doesn't or shouldn't apply to them and refuses all efforts at collection of what is owed. It's nothing new - and as with everything bureaucratic, it's far from perfect, but it is not a policy related to Covid, it's related to Debt Collection as existing policy.

Thank fuck we are in Australia mate. Look at Florida and Texas. Look at their populations, and their death rates. it's insane.

Florida has the lowest case rate in the country

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

That's good to hear. I was referring to the 3.65m cases and 59.6 thousand deaths so far (Florida stats). I'm really glad they are through to the other side as those stats are horrific.

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

That's kinda like closing the barn door after the horse has run off. Sure, their rate is low now that millions got it and almost 60k of their population died from it. A bit of a hollow victory akin to Europe in 1349 claiming "hey, we good, everything is under control" after 1/3 of their population died.

9 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

That's kinda like closing the barn door after the horse has run off. Sure, their rate is low now that millions got it and almost 60k of their population died from it. A bit of a hollow victory akin to Europe in 1349 claiming "hey, we good, everything is under control" after 1/3 of their population died.

Florida is full of elderly people on their last legs. If isn't COVID-19 that takes them down it's the flu or any number of other ailments.  60K from 21.5 MILLION is 0.279% not 1/3.

9 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

give it a rest this virus is no where near as deadly as they want you to believe.

48 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Florida is full of elderly people on their last legs. If isn't COVID-19 that takes them down it's the flu or any number of other ailments.  60K from 21.5 MILLION is 0.279% not 1/3.

I was referring to the 14th century pandemic but you already knew that, you were just being pestiferous. But hey, they're just a bunch of old geezers anyway right.

Not a big Rand Paul fan, but gotta admire him for pushing the issue to try and get the truth!

Rand Paul Rips into Fauci over Persistent ‘Gain-of-Function’ Research Denials, Demands Resignation

Thu, November 4, 2021, 10:59 AM

91980c3ff37e2d1456a427e8c4cc7b27

In an animated exchange during a Senate hearing Thursday, Republican Senator Rand Paul grilled Dr. Fauci on his repeated claims that the NIH did not fund gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Paul cited the NIH’s recent admission that it funded experiments in Wuhan designed to make a naturally occurring bat coronavirus more dangerous, and accused Fauci of playing semantic games with the definition of “gain of function” research to avoid admitting that he lied in his previous appearances before the committee.

“Your persistent denials… are not simply a stain in your reputation but a clear and present danger to the country and to the world,” Paul said, before demanding that Fauci resign as the director of the NIAID.

“Why does it matter? Because gain-of-function research, with laboratory created viruses not found in nature could cause a pandemic even worse the next time. We’re suffering from one today that has a mortality of approximately one percent. They’re experimenting with viruses that have mortalities of between 15 and 50 percent. Yes, our civilization could be a risk from one of these viruses,” Paul continued.

He added that maintaining a scientific research relationship based on mutual trust with China is a potentially treacherous endeavor for national health and security.

“You mislead the public by saying that the published viruses could not be COVID. Well, exactly no one is alleging that. No one is alleging that the published viruses by the Chinese are COVID. What we are saying is that this was a risky type of research, it was risky to share this with the Chinese and that COVID may have been created from a not yet revealed virus,” Paul said.

The two then got into a debate over the semantics of what constitutes gain-of-function research. Paul reiterated that the process laid out in the NIH’s recent letter to Congress certainly qualifies as gain-of-function under the commonly used definition.

“You’re saying that’s not gain-of-function research?,” he asked.

“According to the framework and guidelines…,” Fauci started to say, before Paul interjected.

“What you’re doing is defining away gain-of-function. You’re simply saying it doesn’t exist because you changed the definition on the NIH website. This is terrible and you’re completely trying to escape that we should do something to try to prevent a pandemic from leaking from a lab,” the senator rebutted.

In October, a top NIH official admitted in a letter that U.S. taxpayers funded gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses in Wuhan and exhibited that EcoHealth Alliance, the U.S. non-profit that channeled NIH funds to the WIV, was not transparent about the work it was conducting.

The doctor has repeatedly claimed that gain-of-function is a very niche category of research that by definition must involve a highly transmissible virus with a high rate of mortality, and that experiments must be conducted to intentionally “enhance” that transmissibility. He argued that the research described in the NIH letter does not qualify under the agencies most recent definition of the term.

A previously unpublished EcoHealth grant proposal submitted to NIAID, acquired by The Intercept, had already revealed that $599,000 of the total grant to the WIV was for research designed to make viruses more dangerous and/or infectious.

Finally, Paul said the preponderance of the evidence supports the lab-accident hypothesis of the pandemic, which Fauci subsequently refuted as before.

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I was referring to the 14th century pandemic but you already knew that, you were just being pestiferous. But hey, they're just a bunch of old geezers anyway right.

Doesn't matter what event you're referring to, you won't find we have lost 1/3 of the population of Florida or any other place on the planet. It's all hyperventilating hysteria about a virus with a near 99% survival rate.  

Edited by SteveAJones

9 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

They are no more an illusion than the nearly 21.5 million people still alive in Florida. 

Nice cognitive dissonance there chief. Gee, I wonder how you would feel about it if you were hooked up to a vent dying from COVID? Oh that's right you got vaccinated against a virus with a 99% survival rate which, um why? Bit of a hypocritical position on your part there.

WHO: Europe is the epicenter of pandemic despite vaccines

• GENEVA (AP) — Top officials at the World Health Organization said Thursday that Europe has seen a more than 50% jump in coronavirus cases in the last month, making it the epicenter of the pandemic despite an ample supply of vaccines.

“There may be plenty of vaccine available, but uptake of vaccine has not been equal,” WHO emergencies chief Dr. Michael Ryan said during a press briefing on Thursday.

He called for European authorities to “close the gap” in vaccinations. However, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said countries that have immunized more than 40% of their populations should stop and instead donate their doses to developing countries that have yet to offer their citizens a first dose.

“No more boosters should be administered except to immuno-compromised people,” Tedros said.

More than 60 countries have started giving booster doses to combat waning immunity before winter, when another COVID-19 wave is expected. In the United States, children ages 5 to 11 started getting COVID-19 shots this week after authorities decided the benefits outweighed the risks.

Earlier on Thursday, the director of WHO's 53-country Europe region, Dr. Hans Kluge, said the rising COVID-19 case counts are of “grave concern.”

“Europe is back at the epicenter of the pandemic, where we were one year ago,” Kluge said. He warned that coronavirus hospitalization rates more than doubled in the last week and predicted that on that trajectory, the region could see another 500,000 pandemic deaths by February, he said.

WHO Europe says the region, which stretches as far east as the former Soviet republics in Central Asia, tallied nearly 1.8 million new weekly cases, an increase of about 6% from the previous week, and 24,000 COVID-19 weekly deaths — a 12% gain.

Kluge said the countries in the region were at “varying stages of vaccination rollout” and that regionwide an average of 47% of people were fully vaccinated. Only eight countries had 70% of their populations fully vaccinated.

The increase in Europe's COVID-19 marks the fifth consecutive week cases have risen across the continent, making it the only world region where COVID-19 is still increasing. The infection rate was by far the highest in Europe, which reported some 192 new cases per 100,000 people.

Sweden’s chief epidemiologist, Anders Tegnell, said Thursday that “we are clearly in another wave,” and added that “the increased spread is entirely concentrated in Europe.”

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Not a big Rand Paul fan, but gotta admire him for pushing the issue to try and get the truth!

Rand Paul Rips into Fauci over Persistent ‘Gain-of-Function’ Research Denials, Demands Resignation

•  
Thu, November 4, 2021, 10:59 AM

•  

91980c3ff37e2d1456a427e8c4cc7b27

In an animated exchange during a Senate hearing Thursday, Republican Senator Rand Paul grilled Dr. Fauci on his repeated claims that the NIH did not fund gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Paul cited the NIH’s recent admission that it funded experiments in Wuhan designed to make a naturally occurring bat coronavirus more dangerous, and accused Fauci of playing semantic games with the definition of “gain of function” research to avoid admitting that he lied in his previous appearances before the committee.

“Your persistent denials… are not simply a stain in your reputation but a clear and present danger to the country and to the world,” Paul said, before demanding that Fauci resign as the director of the NIAID.

“Why does it matter? Because gain-of-function research, with laboratory created viruses not found in nature could cause a pandemic even worse the next time. We’re suffering from one today that has a mortality of approximately one percent. They’re experimenting with viruses that have mortalities of between 15 and 50 percent. Yes, our civilization could be a risk from one of these viruses,” Paul continued.

He added that maintaining a scientific research relationship based on mutual trust with China is a potentially treacherous endeavor for national health and security.

“You mislead the public by saying that the published viruses could not be COVID. Well, exactly no one is alleging that. No one is alleging that the published viruses by the Chinese are COVID. What we are saying is that this was a risky type of research, it was risky to share this with the Chinese and that COVID may have been created from a not yet revealed virus,” Paul said.

The two then got into a debate over the semantics of what constitutes gain-of-function research. Paul reiterated that the process laid out in the NIH’s recent letter to Congress certainly qualifies as gain-of-function under the commonly used definition.

“You’re saying that’s not gain-of-function research?,” he asked.

“According to the framework and guidelines…,” Fauci started to say, before Paul interjected.

“What you’re doing is defining away gain-of-function. You’re simply saying it doesn’t exist because you changed the definition on the NIH website. This is terrible and you’re completely trying to escape that we should do something to try to prevent a pandemic from leaking from a lab,” the senator rebutted.

In October, a top NIH official admitted in a letter that U.S. taxpayers funded gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses in Wuhan and exhibited that EcoHealth Alliance, the U.S. non-profit that channeled NIH funds to the WIV, was not transparent about the work it was conducting.

The doctor has repeatedly claimed that gain-of-function is a very niche category of research that by definition must involve a highly transmissible virus with a high rate of mortality, and that experiments must be conducted to intentionally “enhance” that transmissibility. He argued that the research described in the NIH letter does not qualify under the agencies most recent definition of the term.

A previously unpublished EcoHealth grant proposal submitted to NIAID, acquired by The Intercept, had already revealed that $599,000 of the total grant to the WIV was for research designed to make viruses more dangerous and/or infectious.

Finally, Paul said the preponderance of the evidence supports the lab-accident hypothesis of the pandemic, which Fauci subsequently refuted as before.

Well, TBH, I tend to ignore any information given by a failed ophthalmologist who got his ass severely beat down by his 59 year old neighbor due to landscaping issues. A guy who literally cannot take care of his own yard is in no position to dictate or advise anyone on anything. Plus his wig looks ridiculous. Must have looked hilarious when his neighbor tackled his ass and his wig went flying.

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Amusing how the liberals have allied themselves with some of the most reactionary forces imaginable:

MITRE: The Military Intelligence Group That Drives The Push For Digital Vaccine Passport In America - Activist Post

But of course, nothing screams neo-liberalism more than military intelligence. Of course the source is a rag less reputable than Völkischer Beobachter  :hysterical:

23 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Well, TBH, I tend to ignore any information given by a failed ophthalmologist who got his ass severely beat down by his 59 year old neighbor due to landscaping issues. A guy who literally cannot take care of his own yard is in no position to dictate or advise anyone on anything. Plus his wig looks ridiculous. Must have looked hilarious when his neighbor tackled his ass and his wig went flying.

👊great post. Rand needs to focus on the welfare rate in his poor white state. Rather than talking shit to his neighbor and getting the piss beat out of him for getting lippy! That neighbor by the way was sued by Rand and has to pay 500K in damages for the 6 ribs he broke. I’m embarrassed for him and his wig.