The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

10 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

yep, the wishes of a leftist.   hurt all those who do not think like you do. No job, no friends, no life, just rot for not being woke.  The joke is on you though, the fact is, no one person not you, not biden, not fauci,  no one on this earth knows what long term effects may happen because there have been absolutely no long term studies done on this so called vaccine.  So in 20 years it may be you who ends up sterile and boy will I laugh and laugh.

Too late skippy, got snipped years ago in fear of my unholy progeny springing forth and consuming the world in hellfire!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hysterical:

On 11/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, hummingbird69 said:

Sorry for the length.

cnn msnbc miles ahead???  no way. They are THE most fake news out there.

For the record, cnn nor msnbc  have never actually retracted ANY of the lies they spewed about trump, as for the other FAKE stories they pushed, (Covington smollett ect)  the retractions or "updates" are more than wanting. 

Ex. Rittenhouse, I saw the video, I know the circumstances because I watched the trial and yet all the people on cnn and msnbc the view and the like still say the trial was, "unjust" "racist" and "people can just shoot protestors with impunity and get away with it" and other ridiculous lies while at the same time trying to make heroes out of a man who had raped 5 young boys and a man who was running around the town himself with an unlicensed gun and yes he's a hero too. You know there were never any gun charges brought against him for that but lets turn the FBI onto regular everyday people who are concerned over the shit they want to feed our kids in school and telling us it's all phony news drummed up by the right all while I see the stuff posted on their own websites and its clear that CRT is a big part of what they want teachers to push.

I watch news that shows the evidence they support rather than news that views their "opinions" as evidence and fact. ex. Because whoopi and joy reed didn't like the verdict in the rittenhouse trial it's now a fact that rittenhouse is a murderer.

I will never ever take one word that comes from cnn or msnbc and all the other left leaning news orgs as even remotely true because they love to distort and twist the actual events to suit their own ideology. ex. Hilary did nothing wrong in deleting 30,000 emails ahead of any investigation.

I don't need anyone to tell me it's right or wrong because I know for myself that it's completely wrong.

Another thing I don't like about the lefty sites is that all their talking heads blame my not taking the vax on trump as if I blindly do what he says or says not to do. I think they should look at their own selves because I have seen so many montages of them all using the exact same language on 20 different shows. Talk about towing a line. 

This country is going to fall because these woke jokes want to change it into something they want. Too bad none of their supporters realize that in the end, if they aren't beautiful enough they themselves will ALL be canceled too. The ultimate goal of the left isn't to raise up the poor and minorities (as they say) but to bring down the middle class to the level of the poor so we can all be more easily controlled.

What would joy behar or whoppi for that matter say if either of them were canceled for being on the wrong side of the next issue. I wonder if they would be so ready to be called a murderer or end up on an fbi watch list for their opinions.

I really appreciate your passion and stance. If you simply Google MSNBC, or CNN and retracted stories on reports that are reported incorrectly you would find that yes they in fact do retract stories. I could link them for you. But it is really easy to look it up. Fox News and MSNBC and CNN do not fall under the same journalistic umbrella. And OAN or Breitbart, or any of the other crazy blogs do not. And I’m not saying that they are the only news source, or the source I go by. I in fact do not. I stick to NPR, the AP, BBC, Reuters, Washington Post, the New York Times, Politico. To compare those publications to Zerhedge, or Breitbart is laughable. 

To say that MSNBC or CNN didn’t report Hillary’s 30,000 emails is just simply not true. But to have heard Hannity or Tucker or any of the other maniacs report on her let alone any other democratic candidates or representatives is just straight up fiction. We can all look up if Fox News falls under the same guidelines, principals, and practices as the other major news networks. They in fact do not. Because they are opinion based. 

To take it a step further, I’m good with whatever anyone’s political leanings are. I personally vote on policy. I don’t identify with any party. I personally think that is the problem with our nation. I also do not fall into the “ our nation is going to crumble if the lefties take over” crowd. That’s a joke. We have heard the same scare tactics for years from one camp. We could get into who does better economically under which party, or what the economy is like under which party. Facts matter. The numbers are really easy to look up. Conspiracy, and lies, and misinformation is sexy. Spreading dumb rumors, Or exaggerating is also easy and ignorant. If we as a society would simply listen to each other, hold our elected officials responsible, and maybe even try and look at other perspectives instead of being on the red or blue team, maybe we would all be in a better place. 

So Lefties as you said, or the religious Right. That doesn’t matter. People, jobs, health, resources. Those are the things as a father and a small business owner I care about. And this Woke culture, it is beyond disappointing and despicable in my opinion, I find them as dangerous as any group. And they who judge and are quick to tear someone down for past discretions, or behaviors will have to pay the price if they have skeletons in their closets. I’m about building someone up, not tearing someone down. On Rittenhouse and knowing the facts, I’ll leave that alone. As far as rapists, and and a guy who openly raped 5 young men, I do not know what that’s about. But cool story bro. How about be kind, do not try and billy bad ass and maybe listen to others with open ears and read and watch other perspectives. 

Bless you and yours. Hope you have a great Holiday. Actually I hope you have a great Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa or whatever you prefer to celebrate. 

34 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

I really appreciate your passion and stance. If you simply Google MSNBC, or CNN and retracted stories on reports that are reported incorrectly you would find that yes they in fact do retract stories. I could link them for you. But it is really easy to look it up. Fox News and MSNBC and CNN do not fall under the same journalistic umbrella. And OAN or Breitbart, or any of the other crazy blogs do not. And I’m not saying that they are the only news source, or the source I go by. I in fact do not. I stick to NPR, the AP, BBC, Reuters, Washington Post, the New York Times, Politico. To compare those publications to Zerhedge, or Breitbart is laughable. 

To say that MSNBC or CNN didn’t report Hillary’s 30,000 emails is just simply not true. But to have heard Hannity or Tucker or any of the other maniacs report on her let alone any other democratic candidates or representatives is just straight up fiction. We can all look up if Fox News falls under the same guidelines, principals, and practices as the other major news networks. They in fact do not. Because they are opinion based. 

To take it a step further, I’m good with whatever anyone’s political leanings are. I personally vote on policy. I don’t identify with any party. I personally think that is the problem with our nation. I also do not fall into the “ our nation is going to crumble if the lefties take over” crowd. That’s a joke. We have heard the same scare tactics for years from one camp. We could get into who does better economically under which party, or what the economy is like under which party. Facts matter. The numbers are really easy to look up. Conspiracy, and lies, and misinformation is sexy. Spreading dumb rumors, Or exaggerating is also easy and ignorant. If we as a society would simply listen to each other, hold our elected officials responsible, and maybe even try and look at other perspectives instead of being on the red or blue team, maybe we would all be in a better place. 

So Lefties as you said, or the religious Right. That doesn’t matter. People, jobs, health, resources. Those are the things as a father and a small business owner I care about. And this Woke culture, it is beyond disappointing and despicable in my opinion, I find them as dangerous as any group. And they who judge and are quick to tear someone down for past discretions, or behaviors will have to pay the price if they have skeletons in their closets. I’m about building someone up, not tearing someone down. On Rittenhouse and knowing the facts, I’ll leave that alone. As far as rapists, and and a guy who openly raped 5 young men, I do not know what that’s about. But cool story bro. How about be kind, do not try and billy bad ass and maybe listen to others with open ears and read and watch other perspectives. 

Bless you and yours. Hope you have a great Holiday. Actually I hope you have a great Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa or whatever you prefer to celebrate. 

:goodpost:

Festivus, for the rest of us.

8 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Nice story bro.  You didn't even read my post.    I never mentioned breitbart.  I never said cnn and msnbc didn't post retractions or report on the emails you put that in yourself.  I said "the so called retractions are wanting".  Which means they don't go far enough in setting the story straight by saying they were completely wrong.  For the record they have NEVER retracted any of the FAKE news they reported on trump like he was a russian spy or that the phone call was treason or that he never disavowed white supremacy or any of the other fantastical shit the called fact. Go ahead FIND those retractions you never will. EVEN after no evidence was found to link trump to any wrong doing they still said he was guilty! and said "just because they didn't find any evidence of wrong doing doesn't mean TRUMPS innocent". Any evidence you're not a murderer?   let someone do that to you and see how you like it.

As for the trial,  My eyes work.  I watched it, Did you?  I saw ALL the fucking video and it's clear that kid would be dead right now if he wasn't armed. He wasn't a lone gunman there just to shoot people like cnn says because if he was he could have killed anyone he wanted from yards away.  He got separated from the group he was with. Second he didn't travel across state lines with a gun. the gun was purchased in kenosha by a person in the group he was with. The left has made him out to be a lone nut who crossed state line to kill black people and MANY people still think he killed 3 black men. More lies the so called news orgs will not correct.

As for him trying to protect his city from thugs burning, rioting, looting, and perpetrating many assaults on unsuspecting people from behind with boards brinks, rocks, There are multiple beat downs ON VIDEO by small groups of so called protestors kicking a lone victim on the ground repeatedly while they were unconscious.   Maybe you didn't see any of that or how about the 2 billion in damages and hundreds of black and white owned businesses and homes destroyed.??  David Dorn matter to you or the black community?? no I think not.   As long as cnn or msnbc says it's true you and other left leaning idiots believe it hook line and sinker.

I don't know about you but I don't listen to accusations that come directly from ones POLITICAL OPPONENT because without true journalism to back it up it's likely a lie just like romney murdered that woman or didn't pay his taxes. Both were lies and hyperbole on steroids and harry reid said he'd lie again.

As for the people that were killed by rittenhouse.   https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/03/12/kenosha-shooting/  this stuff is not being reported by YOUR cnn or msnbc. rosenbaum was a convicted pedophile, the other guy who pointed a gun right at rittenhouse was carrying an illegal gun himself. and the guy who tried to kill rittenhouse with a skateboard is another one with a violent criminal history.  the left leaning news has done their best to destroy rittenhouses character  while trying to build up the victims as heroes. Had ANY one of those people been in an altercation with a black man they would be vilified as white supremacists and their criminal pasts would be laid bare for all to see.

As for your other perspectives, your post proves you need to open your own eyes.

Edited by hummingbird69

How 2 Flights to Europe May Have Spurred Spread of New Variant

Jason Horowitz
Wed, December 1, 2021, 5:53 AM

Flights to numerous destinations were cancelled at O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, Nov. 27, 2021. (Joao Silva/The New York Times)

Flights to numerous destinations were cancelled at O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, Nov. 27, 2021. (Joao Silva/The New York Times)

For the hundreds of passengers traveling from South Africa to Amsterdam on Friday, flight KL592 had all the trappings of international travel in the COVID era.

They came armed with paperwork proving their eligibility to fly, and check-in agents sifted through a bewildering assortment of requirements determined by final destination. Some countries, like the United States, required vaccinated travelers to show negative test results. Others didn’t. On the long flight, only some wore masks, passengers said, as flight attendants often let the slipping masks slide.

But while the flight was en route, and the passengers slept or watched their screens, everything changed on the ground.

Panic about the new omicron variant that had been discovered in southern Africa prompted countries to close their borders. The arrivals descended into a new post-omicron reality, and it was a hellish one, with hours spent breathing stale air as their planes sat on the tarmac, then fighting exhaustion in crammed waiting rooms, awaiting swab results in close quarters with fellow travelers who would turn out to be infected with the new and possibly more dangerous variant.

“We were in the same place, the same room,” said one passenger, Jan Mezek, 39, a laboratory technician whose company services swab-test machines and who was returning from a two-week work trip to his home in Prague. “I felt like a pig in a pen,” he said, adding “they were completely spreading the virus around us.”

Of the more than 60 people on that and another KLM flight from South Africa who tested positive for the virus, at least 14 had omicron, according to Dutch officials. The Dutch authorities have quarantined them — and arrested a couple who had tried to break out and fly to Spain — while requiring the hundreds who showed negative results from the PCR test administered at the airport to go home or board connecting flights to their final destinations.

“They went around the world, who knows where,” said Fabrizio Pregliasco, a prominent Italian virologist at the University of Milan. He said that all the passengers should have been quarantined or isolated and monitored closely for seven to 10 days, especially because they could have caught the virus on the flight and tested negative as it incubated.

“If this variant is very contagious, this flight is an explosive bomb,” Pregliasco said.

3 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Nice story bro.  You didn't even read my post.    I never mentioned breitbart.  I never said cnn and msnbc didn't post retractions or report on the emails you put that in yourself.  I said "the so called retractions are wanting".  Which means they don't go far enough in setting the story straight by saying they were completely wrong.  For the record they have NEVER retracted any of the FAKE news they reported on trump like he was a russian spy or that the phone call was treason or that he never disavowed white supremacy or any of the other fantastical shit the called fact. Go ahead FIND those retractions you never will. EVEN after no evidence was found to link trump to any wrong doing they still said he was guilty! and said "just because they didn't find any evidence of wrong doing doesn't mean TRUMPS innocent". Any evidence you're not a murderer?   let someone do that to you and see how you like it.

As for the trial,  My eyes work.  I watched it, Did you?  I saw ALL the fucking video and it's clear that kid would be dead right now if he wasn't armed. He wasn't a lone gunman there just to shoot people like cnn says because if he was he could have killed anyone he wanted from yards away.  He got separated from the group he was with. Second he didn't travel across state lines with a gun. the gun was purchased in kenosha by a person in the group he was with. The left has made him out to be a lone nut who crossed state line to kill black people and MANY people still think he killed 3 black men. More lies the so called news orgs will not correct.

As for him trying to protect his city from thugs burning, rioting, looting, and perpetrating many assaults on unsuspecting people from behind with boards brinks, rocks, There are multiple beat downs ON VIDEO by small groups of so called protestors kicking a lone victim on the ground repeatedly while they were unconscious.   Maybe you didn't see any of that or how about the 2 billion in damages and hundreds of black and white owned businesses and homes destroyed.??  David Dorn matter to you or the black community?? no I think not.   As long as cnn or msnbc says it's true you and other left leaning idiots believe it hook line and sinker.

I don't know about you but I don't listen to accusations that come directly from ones POLITICAL OPPONENT because without true journalism to back it up it's likely a lie just like romney murdered that woman or didn't pay his taxes. Both were lies and hyperbole on steroids and harry reid said he'd lie again.

As for the people that were killed by rittenhouse.   https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/03/12/kenosha-shooting/  this stuff is not being reported by YOUR cnn or msnbc. rosenbaum was a convicted pedophile, the other guy who pointed a gun right at rittenhouse was carrying an illegal gun himself. and the guy who tried to kill rittenhouse with a skateboard is another one with a violent criminal history.  the left leaning news has done their best to destroy rittenhouses character  while trying to build up the victims as heroes. Had ANY one of those people been in an altercation with a black man they would be vilified as white supremacists and their criminal pasts would be laid bare for all to see.

As for your other perspectives, your post proves you need to open your own eyes.

Um, vigilante justice is just that. It is irrelevant what the three victims did prior as Rittenhouse had no knowledge of those actions and even if he did, he is not a judge, jury, and executioner. I guess you did not see the actual video of Rittenhouse about two weeks before the Kenosha shooting where he clearly says how he wants to shoot looters. This video was inadmissible as ruled by his co-counsel, um I mean, the "judge." Then there was the FBI drone footage which clearly showed Rittenhouse as the aggressor during the murder of his first victim.

Oh, BTW, Dr. Chris Foley, Mr. Anti-COVID Vaxxer just died from...COVID! Some people only learn after they're 6' under and then, too late. 

I truly hope people just take it down a notch, do actual research from reputable scientific sources and take the vaccine so we can move on with life. Enough with the conspiracies and the nonsense.

Lastly, why you so nasty to people who don't agree with you? Just relax, smoke a blunt if you like and chill. Merry Christmas my friend 🙂 

Edited by BobDobbs

Despite the :LOADED PISTOL POINTED AT HIS HEAD which was clearly self defense, perhaps Mr. Rittenhouse was trying to avoid this:

Mistrial is declared in case of star skateboarder accused of smashing in a security guard's skull and leaving him with permanent brain damage

• WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
  • San Francisco jury could not reach a verdict in the case of Jesse Vieira, 24
  • Vieira was arrested on assault charged in November 2018 after being caught on video smashing security guard Dan Jansen, 57, in the head with skateboard
  • Jansen suffered permanent brain damage and had a portion of his skull removed to relieve swelling 
  • Vieira's defense lawyer argued his client was acting in self-defense during fracas between Jansen and a group of skateboarders  

By SNEJANA FARBEROV FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 13:37 EST, 8 May 2019 | UPDATED: 16:54 EST, 8 May 2019

A judge in San Francisco on Tuesday declared a mistrial against a high-profile skateboarder charged with attacking a security guard and smashing in his skull last year.

A jury of nine men and three women deadlocked during deliberations on whether to find 24-year-old Jesse Vieira guilty of assault with a deadly weapon, assault with force likely to commit great bodily injury and battery with serious bodily injury.

Vieira, a well-known skateboarder from the Bay Area, was caught on video on November 25, 2018, hitting Dan Jansen, 57, in the head with a skateboard after the guard tried to stop him and his friends from skating in the plaza at 555 California Street in the financial district.

Jesse Vieira

+10
Dan Jansen

+10

Scott free: Bay Area skateboarding star Jesse Vieira, 24 (left), walked out of a courtroom Tuesday a free man after a jury deadlocked on assault charges in last year's attack on security guard Dan Jansen, 57 (right), who suffered permanent brain damage 

When, oh when will America ban those dangerous skateboards?  If just one life could be saved......

My first tin-foil hat theory was: this thing is absolutely a bio-weapon created in a lab. I thought it was a no-brainer. This was back in Feb 2020.

My second tin-foil hat theory: this omnicron variant - or one similar to it - will be the one that really gets us (here in the states). If a new version of the virus (like perhaps the omnicron) is shown to be relatively mild, not sending many to the hospital, not that much deaths, etc - the media will jump all over it. People who were already on the fence will now be officially "done" tripping about the virus. Mask-wearing will be even more hard to enforce and become even more politically unpalatable.

People are over this thing and want normalcy and will jump at any chance to get it. On the surface, this all may sound positive.

BUT - what if it the virus mutates into something much more transmissible, more benign on the surface ... but stays with you longer? Something like 1 in 5 people end up with long covid, from the studies I've read. If even 10% of the US population ended up with long covid, by let's say 2023, it would be disastrous. Imagine having chronic fatigue. Parosmia sounds harmless enough, but it actually can create eating disorders and over time depression (I know someone who has it, it's a nightmare). Or having an issue walking up a flight of stairs.

So, yeah I'm venting here obviously but it seems to me unless the scientists can figure out how to stop long covid - that's the thing that will really get us, either with this new variant or the one after that or the one after that. Good luck getting hundreds of millions of people to keep taking booster shots for a virus that may in fact keep getting milder (on the surface).   

History tells us we don't really learn or grow unless there's pain involved. So, I think that's where this is all headed.

Less fear = less precaution, which then = more opportunity for the most effective version of the virus to live in hosts.

Fast forward to a time when 10% of the country is dealing with long covid, and THEN you get change. I don't know what that change will look like, but I optimistically hope that it means the scientists figure this shit out for real.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Um, vigilante justice is just that. It is irrelevant what the three victims did prior as Rittenhouse had no knowledge of those actions and even if he did, he is not a judge, jury, and executioner. I guess you did not see the actual video of Rittenhouse about two weeks before the Kenosha shooting where he clearly says how he wants to shoot looters. This video was inadmissible as ruled by his co-counsel, um I mean, the "judge." Then there was the FBI drone footage which clearly showed Rittenhouse as the aggressor during the murder of his first victim.

Oh, BTW, Dr. Chris Foley, Mr. Anti-COVID Vaxxer just died from...COVID! Some people only learn after they're 6' under and then, too late. 

I truly hope people just take it down a notch, do actual research from reputable scientific sources and take the vaccine so we can move on with life. Enough with the conspiracies and the nonsense.

Lastly, why you so nasty to people who don't agree with you? Just relax, smoke a blunt if you like and chill. Merry Christmas my friend 🙂 

honestly where do you come up with this shit?  I know, the same people who told you trump was a russian spy!!  so fucking what he made comments about how he would shoot looters. If they were looting or burning my fucking place of business you can bet I'd shoot them too. You would probably hand them some gasoline or better yet go down to the gas station and get gas for them even as it burned.

Have good day, get your shots, wear your mask and most of all feel safe. Hopefully the crime wave hitting the US won't get to you before covid does but if it does make sure you have your mask on and show you vax card as you step aside and let them have what ever they want because you wouldn't want to be called a racist or murderer or even worse a vigilante now would you.

Edited by hummingbird69

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

honestly where do you come up with this shit?  I know, the same people who told you trump was a russian spy!!  so fucking what he made comments about how he would shoot looters. If they were looting or burning my fucking place of business you can bet I'd shoot them too. You would probably hand them some gasoline or better yet go down to the gas station and get gas for them even as it burned.

Have good day, get your shots, wear your mask and most of all feel safe. Hopefully the crime wave hitting the US won't get to you before covid does but if it does make sure you have your mask on and show you vax card as you step aside and let them have what ever they want because you wouldn't want to be called a racist or murderer or even worse a vigilante now would you.

Geesh buddy, you really have some anger management issues going on. I guess you're gonna need more than just a joint to calm you down, plus, it appears your are paranoid enough as it is.

Regarding looting, burning etc. it is not worth a human life. Don't know about you or anyone else but I have this thing called insurance which will actually pay me for any such loss I suffer. It's really amazing. Then again, I guess it's more fun just to kill people over something as insignificant as insured property which is fully covered. Now I am not saying it's ok to loot and burn, it's not, but IMO it's not worth killing over.

You sooooo angry. Here is some Enya for you, that should calm the savage beast a wee bit. Now take a deep breath, count to 10 and relax...

Here is a partial list of restrictions put in place to get people across Europe vaccinated:

• Greece is imposing of monthly fine of €100 ($114) on people over 60 who aren’t vaccinated, calling it a health fee.

• Austria has restricted the movement of unvaccinated people in two of the hardest-hit regions, with only those vaccinated allowed to leave lockdown when restrictions end in mid-December or face a fine of up €3,600 ($4,000).

• Germany is facing pressure to follow Austria’s example in the face of spiking cases, with its incoming chancellor Olaf Scholz throwing his support behind making COVID-19 vaccine compulsory, calling for a parliamentary vote on the plan.

• France has mandated health workers and other civil servants be fully vaccinated, or lose their jobs without pay—and has suspended 3,000 health workers for being unvaccinated. It also requires people to carry a kind of valid vaccine pass to get into most public places.

• Italy has made COVID-19 vaccinations a requirement for all healthcare workers and there is a rising debate over extending this to other groups. Italy was the first European country to mandate that workers present a "green pass," or proof of vaccination or a clean bill of health before entering a workplace. The unvaccinated must get tested every 48 hours to participate in just about every facet of public life, a personal expense that quickly builds up.

• The United Kingdom, no longer part of the EU, is taking a more relaxed approach, requiring all National Health Service workers to be jabbed by next spring.

11 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Here is a partial list of restrictions put in place to get people across Europe vaccinated:

• Greece is imposing of monthly fine of €100 ($114) on people over 60 who aren’t vaccinated, calling it a health fee.

• Austria has restricted the movement of unvaccinated people in two of the hardest-hit regions, with only those vaccinated allowed to leave lockdown when restrictions end in mid-December or face a fine of up €3,600 ($4,000).

• Germany is facing pressure to follow Austria’s example in the face of spiking cases, with its incoming chancellor Olaf Scholz throwing his support behind making COVID-19 vaccine compulsory, calling for a parliamentary vote on the plan.

• France has mandated health workers and other civil servants be fully vaccinated, or lose their jobs without pay—and has suspended 3,000 health workers for being unvaccinated. It also requires people to carry a kind of valid vaccine pass to get into most public places.

• Italy has made COVID-19 vaccinations a requirement for all healthcare workers and there is a rising debate over extending this to other groups. Italy was the first European country to mandate that workers present a "green pass," or proof of vaccination or a clean bill of health before entering a workplace. The unvaccinated must get tested every 48 hours to participate in just about every facet of public life, a personal expense that quickly builds up.

• The United Kingdom, no longer part of the EU, is taking a more relaxed approach, requiring all National Health Service workers to be jabbed by next spring.

This shit is getting surreal, particularly with what's happening in Austria. Some people think Europe is a little ahead of us (the US), and we're next with strict lockdowns. I personally can't see it happening here, but then I've seen a lot of stuff happen since covid hit that I would never have imagined.

I just got a notice from the University that they are "encouraging" all workers and students to get the booster next week.  The State Health Department has sent three "reminders" that I am eligible for the booster.  I don't plan to get it unless the University requires it or the new definition for "fully vaccinated" changes to be able to travel overseas.  

On 11/30/2021 at 2:17 AM, Bong-Man said:

Before this Covid mess started, the U.S. had a 12year run of lowering unemployment that crossed Republican and Democratic eras of control.  That bottomed out at 2.5 - 3% before the pandemic, and after the Great Recession.  Filling jobs and having enough people to work has been recognized as a long-term strategic demographic problem for our country for years.  The biggest source of long-term inflation is a lack of essential workers.  Four years ago people were up in arms because workers in Seattle & Portland were demanding $15 dollars an hour as a living wage. A mere four years and a pandemic later, and it's tough to find anyone to work for that wage.  Now we had 3 million people retire unexpectedly, and we've got a plummeting birth rate to go along with an aging population.  We had families with double incomes who because of the pandemic either can't, or are no longer willing to accept that grind because of quality of life issues.  That includes people who can't find anyone to watch, drive, or teach their kids.  This problem is not going away, it just arrived early because of a pandemic.

Forget what all the talking heads are telling you on this side or that.  This is not the time to stop immigration.  If you're properly screened, properly vaccinated, properly sponsored, and willing to work, OPEN THE DOOR AND LET THEM IN!  The Hmong didn't hurt you or ruin the U.S.  The Chaldeans, the Cubans, and Somalians didn't either.  They work, they earn, and they sponsor their own, just like the Irish Catholics, Italians, and Slavs who were shit on more than a century ago.  Most left home and took a nasty two- week steerage boat ride like cattle to get here.  These people are leaving home and walking 1,500 miles for the possibility of a better life.  Nothing has changed.  They need us, and I hate to break it to you, but we need them. I expect my government no matter who is in charge to do their jobs, screen these people, let them in if they meet the requirements, and put them to work! 

**The opinions expressed above are of a personal nature.  They do not necessarily reflect those of Ledzeppelin.com, The Bong-Man News Network, or any of their owners, management team, or sponsors that may be affiliated with those entities**         

Rebuttal (and also just an opinion):  Generally speaking a steady decline in unemployment is a positive outcome, but the real unresolved challenge is we've had at least 30 years of wage stagnation in the US. People won't work for $15.00 an hour when Big Government is paying a household of four $60K+ a year if they just sit on their ass at home and contribute nothing. I've said for at least five years and will repeat today the US needs to impose a blanket policy of NO IMMIGRATION for at least five years while the nation comes up with a sensible immigration policy that will be strictly enforced. These ILLEGAL foreign invaders most definitely ARE hurting society at large -- a Somali member of Congress from Minnesota definitely comes to mind. This country does NOT need the horde of semi-literate male laborers with no skills that continues to pour through the border every day in historic numbers. Their sole purpose is to serve as "replacement voters" that flip red states blue and help to steal more elections.  

9 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I saw ALL the fucking video and it's clear that kid would be dead right now if he wasn't armed.

Watching Rittenhouse blast those two scumbags is better than a Death Wish sequel! Truly one of my favorite clips of all time.  

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Regarding looting, burning etc. it is not worth a human life. 

Spoken like a true Communist card carrying "Citizen of the World" who ought to have learned by now that private property rights are part of the bedrock of a free society.

57 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

I just got a notice from the University that they are "encouraging" all workers and students to get the booster next week.  The State Health Department has sent three "reminders" that I am eligible for the booster.  I don't plan to get it unless the University requires it or the new definition for "fully vaccinated" changes to be able to travel overseas.  

Not one more drop for me. It's a virus with 99.8% mortality rate. This was never about the virus. They can stick their booster poison where the sun don't shine. 

Trump was called a anti muslim for shutting down travel from several countries with a predominate muslim population. I wonder if ole Brandon is being outright racist by shutting down travel from countries with a predominately black population??????  Imagine that, stopping black people from coming here???

If anyone from those countries gets into mexico can they come across the border illegally??

7 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

My first tin-foil hat theory was: this thing is absolutely a bio-weapon created in a lab. I thought it was a no-brainer. This was back in Feb 2020.

My second tin-foil hat theory: this omnicron variant - or one similar to it - will be the one that really gets us (here in the states). If a new version of the virus (like perhaps the omnicron) is shown to be relatively mild, not sending many to the hospital, not that much deaths, etc - the media will jump all over it. People who were already on the fence will now be officially "done" tripping about the virus. Mask-wearing will be even more hard to enforce and become even more politically unpalatable.

People are over this thing and want normalcy and will jump at any chance to get it. On the surface, this all may sound positive.

BUT - what if it the virus mutates into something much more transmissible, more benign on the surface ... but stays with you longer? Something like 1 in 5 people end up with long covid, from the studies I've read. If even 10% of the US population ended up with long covid, by let's say 2023, it would be disastrous. Imagine having chronic fatigue. Parosmia sounds harmless enough, but it actually can create eating disorders and over time depression (I know someone who has it, it's a nightmare). Or having an issue walking up a flight of stairs.

So, yeah I'm venting here obviously but it seems to me unless the scientists can figure out how to stop long covid - that's the thing that will really get us, either with this new variant or the one after that or the one after that. Good luck getting hundreds of millions of people to keep taking booster shots for a virus that may in fact keep getting milder (on the surface).   

History tells us we don't really learn or grow unless there's pain involved. So, I think that's where this is all headed.

Less fear = less precaution, which then = more opportunity for the most effective version of the virus to live in hosts.

Fast forward to a time when 10% of the country is dealing with long covid, and THEN you get change. I don't know what that change will look like, but I optimistically hope that it means the scientists figure this shit out for real.

I doubt "omicron" (an anagram of "moronic") poses any more of a threat to the bulk of the population than the original virus (viruses tend to mutate into less lethal varieties), i.e. none at all really.  Basically they're running out of options here, the central banks of the world are cornered so they need to keep imploding the non-financial sectors of the economy in the deluded hope that no one notices.  This also explains why they're trying to start wars on a number of fronts (China, Russia, Iran).  So they keep bringing out their virus boogeyman, they've run out of ideas (although I guess they could try some alien invasion nonsense, they've flirted with that "UFO" rubbish).  It would all be hilarious watching the oligarchs shit themselves, if the ramifications for the rest of us weren't so dire.

4 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I doubt "omicron" (an anagram of "moronic") poses any more of a threat to the bulk of the population than the original virus (viruses tend to mutate into less lethal varieties), i.e. none at all really.  Basically they're running out of options here, the central banks of the world are cornered so they need to keep imploding the non-financial sectors of the economy in the deluded hope that no one notices.  This also explains why they're trying to start wars on a number of fronts (China, Russia, Iran).  So they keep bringing out their virus boogeyman, they've run out of ideas (although I guess they could try some alien invasion nonsense, they've flirted with that "UFO" rubbish).  It would all be hilarious watching the oligarchs shit themselves, if the ramifications for the rest of us weren't so dire.

In terms of central banks being cornered .. yep, I'm with you. In terms of them theoretically using the virus to help achieve their own ends ..  I agree they're not above that (or anything, really). I'm just bringing this down to a more human, boots on the ground level. I know long covid is real because I've seen it in my daily life. And all the studies I've read seem pretty legit (with the 1 out of 5 thing). I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But just doing the math on it, if this thing mutates to something "mild" that still fucks up 1 out of 5 people - or even 1 out of 10 - in a way that severely limits their being able to enjoy life .. that to me feels like a problem.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. If this thing mutated to something insignificant that didn't mess up anyone long term, that would be a massive relief. I just don't know how realistic that is. It's a brand new thing, a man-made weapon that's running amok. Regardless of sinister banks and govs, I really hope the people wearing white coats science the shit out of this sooner vs later.