The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

Black armed protesters march in Kentucky demanding justice for Breonna Taylor

By Bryan Woolston

2 MIN READ

Slideshow ( 5 images )

LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (Reuters) - A group of heavily armed Black protesters marched through Louisville, Kentucky on Saturday demanding justice for Breonna Taylor, a Black woman killed in March by police officers who burst into her apartment.

Scores of the demonstrators, carrying semi-automatic rifles and shotguns and clad in black paramilitary gear, walked in formation to a fenced off intersection where they were separated by police from a smaller group of armed counter-protesters.

Picture1.png

Now back to our topic at hand:

So-Called “Stealth” Omicron Offshoot Identified By Scientists In Three Countries

Tom Tapp
Tue, December 7, 2021, 6:43 PM

31d18d76c7640cf06ea4878130ff72ba

Scientists have identified a new Covid-19 lineage responsible for a number of recent Covid cases in South Africa, Australia and Canada that displays “many of the defining mutations of B.1.1.529 (Omicron) [but does] not have the full set. These cases also have “a number of their own unique mutations,” according to analysis posted on information sharing platform GitHub. The platform is widely used by top researchers to share data and information related to Covid-19.

As a result of those similarities and differences with the original Omicron, which was first identified about two weeks ago, the new sequence is being called BA.2, while the original variant has been dubbed BA.1.

More from Deadline

The new lineage is being called “stealth” Omicron by some scientists and news outlets because, while PCR tests do identify it as Covid, the mutations on BA.2 defy a shortcut used by scientists to identify a Covid case specifically as Omicron.

Why does that matter? It makes tracking the spread of Omicron more difficult at a time when surveillance of the new variant is critical to understanding it. Only seven cases of BA.2 have been identified thus far, reported the Guardian, the picture is still far from complete.

Per the Guardian: “To have two variants, BA.1 and BA.2, arise in quick succession with shared mutations is ‘worrying’ according to one researcher, and suggests public health surveillance ‘is missing a big piece of the puzzle.’ ”

It is also unclear exactly how or if the unique mutations in BA.2 will impact its transmissibility and virulence.

27 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

How about those "peaceful protests" of the BLM movement?

30xp-protests-timeline-pix1-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

images.jpg

AP20156860421125.jpg

Apples and oranges. But hey, I have no problem if you want them to investigate BLM. And I would expect the interested parties to honour a subpoena just as I expect the witnesses and participants of January 6 to honour their subpoenas.

Edited by Strider

Anybody who thinks what happened on Jan 6th was a "violent insurrection" is seriously detached from reality.  When did America become such a nation of brainwashed degenerates?  It's embarrassing, really.

Not to mention that Jan 6th was obviously a set-up, e.g.:

The FBI's role in the Jan. 6 Capitol fracas is absolutely disgusting - American Thinker

I'm a bit confused at this point.  I'm not sure if I should think less of you for posting this crap or less of this website for allowing it.  I'm going to go with both.   Isn't American Thinker the same website that embraced Sydney Powell, Mr. My Pillow, and the rest of their bat-shit crazy minions?  The same website that had to issue public retractions for every related claim they made against that company?  Now you're going to trust them to interpret the events of January 6th for you?  Please, give us more.  I'd hand you a shovel to assist in digging that rabbit hole you're in, but the mental backhoe you're wielding is doing a fine job on its' own.

"Proud Boys stand back and stand by."

"All hell is going to break loose tomorrow, It's going to be moving. It's gonna be quick." 

"Today's not just a rally... at one o'clock that starts and there's going to be some pretty controversial things going on"

“Let’s have trial by combat.”

14 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

I'm a bit confused at this point.  I'm not sure if I should think less of you for posting this crap or less of this website for allowing it.  I'm going to go with both.   Isn't American Thinker the same website that embraced Sydney Powell, Mr. My Pillow, and the rest of their bat-shit crazy minions?  The same website that had to issue public retractions for every related claim they made against that company?  Now you're going to trust them to interpret the events of January 6th for you?  Please, give us more.  I'd hand you a shovel to assist in digging that rabbit hole you're in, but the mental backhoe you're wielding is doing a fine job on its' own.

"Proud Boys stand back and stand by."

"All hell is going to break loose tomorrow, It's going to be moving. It's gonna be quick." 

"Today's not just a rally... at one o'clock that starts and there's going to be some pretty controversial things going on"

“Let’s have trial by combat.”

Well said. 

19 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

That post wasn't directed to you.  At least you participate in other aspects of the forum.  

This one is though.  Fixed it for you.

You don't have any training in anything to call your opinions fact.  I get the impression you lean libertarian, but your recent deluge of opinionated posts and cartoons remind me of Trump supporters who seem convinced that hats, t-shirts, boat flags, lawn signs, and rally attendance, somehow reflect voting outcomes.  You only get one vote, and you only get one opinion. 

As for Dr. Fauci, if he was fired tomorrow, the only thing that might change is a new appointee who feels even stronger than he does about the subject, as an overwhelming majority of doctors in his field do.  Of course he's a politician.  It's the nature of the position.  I suggest that instead of googling bat shit crazy websites, you take some time and determine a percentage of the people in Dr. Fauci's field who back him up, as opposed to those qualified who don't.  Feel free to get back with us with your findings.           

Very well said Sir. 

On 12/7/2021 at 11:48 AM, Stryder1978 said:

Remember the impact a little TV host had on the beef industry?

Winfrey’s Texas beef began in April 1996, when her talk show aired an episode on food safety. A segment included discussion of bovine spongiform encephalopathy, commonly known as mad cow disease, which had recently killed cattle in England. Howard Lyman, a vegetarian and animal rights activist, predicted on the show that the disease would eventually plague the U.S. beef industry. Winfrey declared that the discussion “has just stopped me cold from eating another burger. I'm stopped."

The segment, which also included a clip from a beef industry expert, was widely viewed as having contributed to a drop in cattle prices. Members of the cattle industry were furious, as was one of their biggest cheerleaders, U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who was then the Texas agriculture commissioner.

Within days, Perry wrote a letter to Texas Attorney General Dan Morales, urging the state to take legal action against Lyman under a Texas law that was less than a year old. Throughout the early 1990s, about a dozen states adopted “veggie libel” laws that made a person liable for making false statements about the safety of food. The Texas Legislature passed such a law in 1995.

"The economic livelihood of our beef producers is at stake, and I trust agriculture can count on the attorney general's office to enforce the laws of the state of Texas," Perry said at the time.

I guess if you would like to cherry pick one situation. I’m sure that there are others as well. That has nothing to do with most people have no clue who Joy Behar is. Or for that matter give a shit about her thoughts. But by quoting her, and picking her out of the crowd to prove a point and or make a point about an entire group of people and their political leaning is crazy. Joy Behar, Whoopie, and whoever else is on that show are watched by how many Americans? How many of those base their opinions off of what they say verses the other talking heads that are on that show and clearly are aiming at a small portion of the population? 

2 hours ago, Plant77 said:

I guess if you would like to cherry pick one situation. I’m sure that there are others as well. That has nothing to do with most people have no clue who Joy Behar is. Or for that matter give a shit about her thoughts. But by quoting her, and picking her out of the crowd to prove a point and or make a point about an entire group of people and their political leaning is crazy. Joy Behar, Whoopie, and whoever else is on that show are watched by how many Americans? How many of those base their opinions off of what they say verses the other talking heads that are on that show and clearly are aiming at a small portion of the population? 

These people who you say nobody knows have the number 1 ranked tv daytime talk show with 2.4million viewers daily.  Hardly a small viewership.  When joy behar tells you that everyday medicine is bad and then tells you that any one who disagrees with her is spreading misinformation, you have a fucking problem whether you want to admit it or not.  Couple that with social media and big tech pushing the same story and you have reached hundreds of millions of people.

Edited by hummingbird69

On 12/9/2021 at 1:53 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

Anybody who thinks what happened on Jan 6th was a "violent insurrection" is seriously detached from reality.  When did America become such a nation of brainwashed degenerates?  It's embarrassing, really.

That’s the thing about opinions. That statement is to some the epitome of being brainwashed. We all watched the same thing. You on the one hand see it as some staged event. Even when we were all being told that the event was happening. And the event was planned by that orange bad man. In my opinion to see it any other way than a bunch of backwards hillbilly’s thinking they were going to somehow change the rigged election was laughable, until it turned deadly, and until it turned into one of  the biggest black eyes in American politics during our lifetime. Certainly the Kennedy assassination, then his brother. Those were pretty crazy, sickening events that happened. Having said that because I am seriously interested, how am I detached from reality thinking that what happened on the 6th wasn’t  a “violent insurrection”?

I think that the lady who had her head blown off, the cop who was crushed to death, the idiots running around with zip ties and stealing shit and videoing it kind of spoke for itself. I’ll put it this way. Anyone who thinks it was a staged event, and that someone other than the actual people who talked about it openly for a month leading up to it is seriously detached from reality. My point is. What the hell does that mean. We are on a vaccine portion of a Led Zeppelin forum. Don’t get the vaccine. It’s cool. Go read Zerohedge, and Breitbart, and continue to be a “ Brainwashed Degenerate “. 

11 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

These people who you say nobody knows have the number 1 ranked tv daytime talk show with 2.4million viewers daily.  Hardly a small viewership.  When joy behar tells you that everyday medicine is bad and then tells you that any one who disagrees with her is spreading misinformation, you have a fucking problem whether you want to admit it or not.  Couple that with social media and big tech pushing the same story and you have reached hundreds of millions of people.

That’s 2.4 old housewives out of 350 plus million if you are counting the illegals you love to think about. I don’t know about the social media aspect of Joy. I’m telling you she doesn’t mean shit to anyone and you want to argue your point with. You are grabbing some view, from a crazy old lady on a day time talk show who I seriously doubt has that many viewers. On top of that, there are a few people on that show who don’t agree with her. Yes I’m saying you shouldn’t worry about a 70 year old lady who is talking trash on a daytime television show. And don’t get your news from a social media platform. Those who do are just as bad as those getting their news and forming opinions based off of crazy blogs. Or maybe put it this way. Those who read Zerohedge, and Breitbart are the exact same as those who watch and pay attention to Joy Behart. She is a talking head personality, the same way they are. They are not an authority on anything. All of them. Just a dipshit with a forum. A way to spread their views. She is not a journalist the same way some jackass who writes his opinions on a blog. Pretty easy. Also, the name of the said show, is “ The View “! Not “ The Facts”! Or “ No Spin Zone” or Zerohedge! 

7 hours ago, Plant77 said:

That’s 2.4 old housewives out of 350 plus million if you are counting the illegals you love to think about. I don’t know about the social media aspect of Joy. I’m telling you she doesn’t mean shit to anyone and you want to argue your point with. You are grabbing some view, from a crazy old lady on a day time talk show who I seriously doubt has that many viewers. On top of that, there are a few people on that show who don’t agree with her. Yes I’m saying you shouldn’t worry about a 70 year old lady who is talking trash on a daytime television show. And don’t get your news from a social media platform. Those who do are just as bad as those getting their news and forming opinions based off of crazy blogs. Or maybe put it this way. Those who read Zerohedge, and Breitbart are the exact same as those who watch and pay attention to Joy Behart. She is a talking head personality, the same way they are. They are not an authority on anything. All of them. Just a dipshit with a forum. A way to spread their views. She is not a journalist the same way some jackass who writes his opinions on a blog. Pretty easy. Also, the name of the said show, is “ The View “! Not “ The Facts”! Or “ No Spin Zone” or Zerohedge! 

:hysterical: think what you want. Those who are blind never see.

14 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Aye, that is the problem. Too many Americans accept the views and opinions from failed comedians like Joy Behar, Greg Gutfeld, and Tucker Carlson as 'facts" and "news". The country would be much better off if everyone just stopped watching 24/7 cable news...Fox, CNN. MSNBC, OAN, the whole kit 'n' caboodle. Their main goal seems to be terrifying their viewers into a constant state of agitation. If you watch them long enough you would think we were all living in some dystopian nightmare world. Yet, when I go outside in the real world life is peaceful for the most part, people are neighbourly, wear their masks when required and have their vaccination shots and go about their business working and caring for their families and loved ones. No one is screaming or calling for civil war or any of the idiotic rages you see on cable news and the conspiracy websites.

Turn off the tv, America.

11 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

this is even funnier :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  you're sooooo part of the problem

Well Sir, I suppose I’m glad you have me labeled as that, and we have come to that conclusion. Aside from posting on this forum, checking out all the interesting thoughts and views of a majority of the people on this forum I do actively try and participate in my community. If your opinion of me, is that I am part of the problem because I hope that people don’t actually think Joy and Whoopi are all that informed, or influencing all that many people, and that Jan 6th was a sickening display, and was certainly not looked at as a staged event from anyone other than some crazy people on blogs, or someone who happens to have some crazy YouTube channel, I guess I would be part of your problem. 

I suppose wanting people to try and see others perspectives, not wanting to gaslight, not wanting seemingly educated people to get their news from daytime talk show hosts, not wanting people to form their views from extremely slanted blogs, or as Strider said any of the opinion based news programs that are actively trying to scare the hell out of most Americans. To continue putting them/us in our respective corners, going to great lengths to try and make sure that like minded adults who come from different cultures, economic conditions, different backgrounds can’t actually rally as a nation and get behind each other, as well as get behind our elected officials and actually make a difference, then yes I’m part of your problem. 

Having said all of that Hummingbird69, I hope you have a great weekend, and that you and yours continue to be healthy. Also back to the topic, although this is purely anecdotal, pre vaccine, in my circle I had a 36 year old brother in-law who had no known health problems pass away from Covid. At my former company I worked for, we had 30 plus people get Covid, one guy I’ve know for over 25 plus years will never be off of an oxygen tank after this because his lungs apparently have been damaged so severely they won’t heal. Would this vaccine have saved my brother-in-law’s life? I don’t know? Would it have helped my buddy enough to not have to be on an oxygen tank for the rest of his life? I really don’t know. I’ve said it a few times, I had never had a flu shot pre Covid, and actually I still have not had a flu shot unless you count the Covid vaccination. The reason I bring that up, I certainly won’t be getting my news, forming opinions, or taking advice from any of the above mentioned formats. Alright, sorry to be long winded. You have a great night. 

2 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Well Sir, I suppose I’m glad you have me labeled as that, and we have come to that conclusion. Aside from posting on this forum, checking out all the interesting thoughts and views of a majority of the people on this forum I do actively try and participate in my community. If your opinion of me, is that I am part of the problem because I hope that people don’t actually think Joy and Whoopi are all that informed, or influencing all that many people, and that Jan 6th was a sickening display, and was certainly not looked at as a staged event from anyone other than some crazy people on blogs, or someone who happens to have some crazy YouTube channel, I guess I would be part of your problem. 

I suppose wanting people to try and see others perspectives, not wanting to gaslight, not wanting seemingly educated people to get their news from daytime talk show hosts, not wanting people to form their views from extremely slanted blogs, or as Strider said any of the opinion based news programs that are actively trying to scare the hell out of most Americans. To continue putting them/us in our respective corners, going to great lengths to try and make sure that like minded adults who come from different cultures, economic conditions, different backgrounds can’t actually rally as a nation and get behind each other, as well as get behind our elected officials and actually make a difference, then yes I’m part of your problem. 

Having said all of that Hummingbird69, I hope you have a great weekend, and that you and yours continue to be healthy. Also back to the topic, although this is purely anecdotal, pre vaccine, in my circle I had a 36 year old brother in-law who had no known health problems pass away from Covid. At my former company I worked for, we had 30 plus people get Covid, one guy I’ve know for over 25 plus years will never be off of an oxygen tank after this because his lungs apparently have been damaged so severely they won’t heal. Would this vaccine have saved my brother-in-law’s life? I don’t know? Would it have helped my buddy enough to not have to be on an oxygen tank for the rest of his life? I really don’t know. I’ve said it a few times, I had never had a flu shot pre Covid, and actually I still have not had a flu shot unless you count the Covid vaccination. The reason I bring that up, I certainly won’t be getting my news, forming opinions, or taking advice from any of the above mentioned formats. Alright, sorry to be long winded. You have a great night. 

TL, DR,  There are far more intelligent people out there than you or I who have legitimate questions. Instead of doubting them, maybe you should listen and understand that fauci is not the only doctor in the world and that our personal freedom to make our own medical decisions doesn't go away because you or fauci feel differently.

Edited by hummingbird69

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

TL, DR,  There are far more intelligent people out there than you or I who have legitimate questions. Instead of doubting them, maybe you should listen and understand that fauci is not the only doctor in the world and that our personal freedom to make our own medical decisions doesn't go away because you or fauci feel differently.

Yes you are correct that there are far more intelligent people than the both of us who may have different views, and perspectives than I do. Or you. And I’m not saying Fauci is the answer. I’m also not saying he is not a politician, or that he is the end all, be all. 

Again this is anecdotal, my Mother-in-law is an organic chemist who has worked for Roach and Genentech for over 30 years. Considering that she has been intimately involved in making many life saving drugs, and is pretty in the know on the chemical make up of the vaccines, I trusted her opinion. When this all began, Covid that is. I was a firm believer that is was crap, and that it was a flu, and that it was no big deal. Well, it is all of those things. It is also a big deal to all of those who have lost their lives, and as importantly who will never be the same because of it and it’s side effects. Largely which are not fully known. We can all go round and round on the entire progress of this illness, and the vaccine. Some things are just common sense, and it seems like there are a lot of people who lack common sense. There are also far more conspiracy theorists, or our access to these conspiracy theories are far more accessible than ever before. People also like to push their theories more than ever before because there are far more platforms to be able to do so. 

There was a hilarious segment done by Jordan Klepper on the croud who believes we can make it go away by yoga, or breathing, or by some other nonsense. My point is, that on both sides we have individuals, and large groups who are getting their information from less than reliable sources. Then passing that on in a less than reliable way, and presenting it as if it is a fact. 

The common sense part is, certainly our health and lack of health is a reason we are being hit as hard as we are. Collectively as Americans. The group mentality of some, for example, those who are at risk, should probably mask up, make sure and wash up, and try and mitigate their risk to getting this. Those who want to get the vaccine, get it. Those who do not, don’t. But if you are not getting the vaccine, to walk around with the attitude of don’t tread on me, and you’re taking away my rights just seems a bit silly. As Americans, we have had to make sacrifices over the years. Many times. I just don’t see this as being all that different. 

The new culture of not believing anything that is given to us by reliable sources and believing someone on a blog, or YouTube channel because it fits our narrative is far more commonplace than it ever has been. I am also not saying that is what you are doing. Just pointing out that it is a fact. 

I would also like to say that I certainly do not know all that is going on behind closed doors, with our government, as well as other governments. I do not know if this is as serious as we are being force fed. The seriousness of it, I can only go by what is in my corner of the world, as well as what I can read and or watch and try and gather as much information as possible. I would just choose to not get my info from a blog, or any social media, or what some random person tells me, or a friend etc. Fact checking what we read, or a report that we watch is pretty important as well. And then if I’m told we can’t trust the fact checkers, then what can we trust?

Right on Hummingbird69. Thanks for the reply and your thoughts on it.