Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

On 1/29/2022 at 10:49 PM, Electrophile said:

I think that's simply more evidence of what the pandemic has demonstrated; most people are filthy, unhygienic pigs. I thought it hilarious and tragic that back in 2020, when the Big Nasty was first sweeping through the land, people had to be told to wash their hands, cover their mouths when they cough/sneeze, and don't crowd up on people when in standing in line. 

I couldn't believe that grown adults had to be told to do those things. 

I couldn't believe that grown adults thought it made any difference.

5 hours ago, Electrophile said:

When are we, as a society, going to abolish Groundhog Day as a thing? Is this not one of the stupidest goddamn things you've ever heard of?

But then what will Bill Murray do?

Six more weeks of winter according to the fat critter.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/state/2022/02/02/punxsutawney-phil-groundhog-day-prediction-2022-livestream/stories/202202020101

19 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It's not nearly as stupid as Kwanzaa. 

😂😂 This is all kinds of true.

I've had a number of black friends over the years and dated a number of black girls - including ones whose parents are straight up Africans - and I have never once met anyone who celebrated this.

It cracks me up because on LinkedIn when the holidays come around all the virtue-signaling "Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and WHATEVER you celebrate!!" - is through the roof lol. It's like dude (or chick), please just shut the eff up and say happy holidays, no one cares about your virtue cred.  

Edited by 1975NQ

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Winter sort of never happened. It was just an extension of summer though darker.

It has definitely been winter here in L.A. There have been nights and mornings I have actually had to break out my scarf and gloves to ward off the chill.

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm usually not a fan of westerns, but I can always make an exception for The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly or High Noon...

Watched a good one last night with Joel McCrea and Dean Stockwell called: Cattle Drive. Stockwell plays a snotty little rich kid who's the son of a railroad baron. 

CATTLE DRIVE MOVIE.jpg

35 minutes ago, redrum said:

My heart bleeds for you. 😄

IKR. 😝

That's why I never complain about the weather to my friends in New England. They just went through a freaking blizzard that dumped 30 inches of snow.

Edited by Strider

8 hours ago, Electrophile said:

I'm really tired of those Medicare Advantage commercials with JJ Walker and Joe Namath. Not to complain about commercials too much, but I don't watch a lot of TV, whereas my parents do, and those damn ads run almost all day. They're as sick of them as I am. LOL

DYN-O-MITE!!!

9 hours ago, Strider said:

IKR. 😝

That's why I never complain about the weather to my friends in New England. They just went through a freaking blizzard that dumped 30 inches of snow.

One year ago here. 50 mph wind and snow from the east. 

SNOW AND TRUCK (2).JPG