Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

Fucking Facebook assholes, especially you, Zuckerberg. My niece wasn't feeling well so I posted on her page: Get well soon, or I'll kick your butt! All in jest and she got a laugh out of it. But the FB spies and snitches had a panty twist about my comment and suspended me for 3 days. I wish there was a good way to get back at these assholes. Fucking silicon valley pussies, all. 

On 2/11/2022 at 2:28 AM, BobDobbs said:

I have to respectfully disagree. I have ridden in the past and have a bunch of friends who ride. If you actually know how to ride and not ride like a damn fool, you can have a quiet bike and not worry. One of my biker friends is an 83-year-old woman who has been using motorcycles has her primary form of transportation since the 1950's. She has never had an accident though she rides daily, city & highway.

Now every single rider I have known who were in accidents, were riding with the loud, modified exhausts and were driving like nimrods.

I believe it's less about the noise and more about the driving of the biker. Just because you have a bike which is considerably faster and more maneuverable than a car does not give the rider the right to drive like a jackass.

That being said I have no idea regarding the riding conditions down under and how car / truck drivers drive and react so, I might be talking with my sphincter on this one 😉 

Bad riders is a distraction from the premise "loud pipes save lives".

For me, there is no doubt idiot riders get a lot more grief - and deserve what they get. Idiot riders with or without loud pipes are an endangered species - endangered by their own stupidity/recklessness. I ride as defensively as anyone, I had a brilliant teacher (ex-cop who rode on the force for decades). The most valuable - and one of the first - lessons he imparted is everyone on the road is out to kill you, that's your starting point. An invaluable approach as most situations only "appear out of nowhere" because you are not thinking of the worst possible thing a driver can do and what the response is to avoid entanglement. You are already preparing for the response. This has saved me numerous times from clowns who are generally not paying enough attention (trying to kill me). This is not to say I don't relax and enjoy cruises, not at all, but in traffic I pay very close attention and get clear of any shitty conditions ASAP.

But this has nothing to do with loud pipes.

Riding along at a normal acceleration and pace is not by itself overly loud (at least my bike), but if I give her some juice, yeah, it's nice and loud, and serves the purpose of alerting others who you suspect are not really paying enough attention to your presence. This alone makes a huge difference as once people know a bike is approaching or nearby, they at least now know. Usually I am accelerating with noise to get clear of a bit of congestion. The noise is an alert to all around me that I am on the move to get the fuck away from them, find a nice patch of relative open calmness, and continue on my merry way enjoying the ride.

I have at times been caught when in my car not realising a bike had snuck up on me until it announces itself via the noise. (snuck up on = me not scanning enough)

Fucking rain, now I wanna go for a ride.....

But yeah, agree to disagree. B)

Cheers mate.

7 hours ago, redrum said:

Fucking Facebook assholes, especially you, Zuckerberg. My niece wasn't feeling well so I posted on her page: Get well soon, or I'll kick your butt! All in jest and she got a laugh out of it. But the FB spies and snitches had a panty twist about my comment and suspended me for 3 days. I wish there was a good way to get back at these assholes. Fucking silicon valley pussies, all. 

There is, quit facebook!!!

14 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Being in the hospital sucks, but at least the Stooges are on right now to lift my spirits--even though I still hate typing messages on my phone... 😒

I'm watchin em too!  Love the Stooges for 50 years!

Sorry you're you're not feeling well!  Get well soon

Edited by hummingbird69

Best wishes Paul from over here.

Looks like possible war in Europe from Wednesday. Russia almost ready to invade Ukraine. Well at least it beats the endless news about Covid. Now for most of the US citizens who don't realise there are other Countries on the Earth, this is quite serious. So serious in fact that your President, John Bindon, called up Vlad to tell him off and say please don't as there will be serious consequences. Errrrr like what? Geographically speaking we aren't that far from Russia, in comparison to the US. Better stock up on Bog Rolls, Skins and Rioja. :Thinking: Why did I just spend 10 grand re designing my garden only for it to be wiped out a week next Tuesday?

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Being in the hospital sucks, but at least the Stooges are on right now to lift my spirits--even though I still hate typing messages on my phone... 😒

I hope you’re back on your feet soon! 

People who walk their dogs off-leash are a scourge, and I'm tired of it. I don't care how well-behaved little Pumpkin is, unless you're in an area where dogs are allowed to be off-leash, put the goddamn leash on. I don't want your dog running towards me while I'm walking MY dog down the street. I'm terrified of strange dogs, whether they're a Yorkie or a Mastiff. I've almost been bitten twice because of these morons.

1 hour ago, Electrophile said:

People who walk their dogs off-leash are a scourge, and I'm tired of it. I don't care how well-behaved little Pumpkin is, unless you're in an area where dogs are allowed to be off-leash, put the goddamn leash on. I don't want your dog running towards me while I'm walking MY dog down the street. I'm terrified of strange dogs, whether they're a Yorkie or a Mastiff. I've almost been bitten twice because of these morons.

These are the same clowns who scream at a motorist when little Snookums (off-leash) bolts into traffic chasing a leaf and almost gets hit.

I hate these jerks.

My dog is an awesome doggie, just the best, however I always walk her on-leash even though she is trained. You just never know, better safe than sorry.

..my two Bostons never left the front door without being leashed.  When we got to the park, I took them onto the baseball field, closed all gates, and took them off leash to play fetch.  I never had to worry about the dogs getting hit by a car OR worrying about the dogs disturbing some topless sunbather in the park.

It's called being a responsible dog owner. 

Here is my random thought:

If Putin invades Ukraine and his forces are beaten back to the Russian border, do you think he will use tactical nukes? I for one believe if Putin invades Ukraine, there is a 90% chance this is game over baby. Time to get out the iodine tablets and leave the big cities / areas around military instillations. 

7 hours ago, Electrophile said:

There's a big dog park here in town. I rarely see a dog running loose here, unless he's lost. My neighbor has a couple of yappers, but he keeps them under control with the barking, unlike lots of assholes who just let the damned dog bark and bark. That's when you want to break out the sniper rifle. 

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Here is my random thought:

If Putin invades Ukraine and his forces are beaten back to the Russian border, do you think he will use tactical nukes? I for one believe if Putin invades Ukraine, there is a 90% chance this is game over baby. Time to get out the iodine tablets and leave the big cities / areas around military instillations. 

I used to buy guitar strings from the Ukraine. 3 bucks for a set of classical strings and I couldn't tell the difference between them and a $15 dollar set of Augustines. Patton was still right about going in after WW2 ended and kicking ythe shit out of the Russkis.