Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

I involuntarily watched the Kennedy Center awards last week and I have to say, what a complete suckfest. I just about expected Sean Penn to put on his knnepads with the gushing crap about U-2. Tania Leon's music made me feel like I was sitting in an SF coffee house in the 50's with a bunch of beatniks. I'm sure the Cuban commies would like to run my brain through the heavy wash cycle. 😄

19 minutes ago, redrum said:

I involuntarily watched the Kennedy Center awards last week and I have to say, what a complete suckfest. I just about expected Sean Penn to put on his knnepads with the gushing crap about U-2. Tania Leon's music made me feel like I was sitting in an SF coffee house in the 50's with a bunch of beatniks. I'm sure the Cuban commies would like to run my brain through the heavy wash cycle. 😄

Huh.  I, on the other hand, thought it was a spectacular show.  Much better than the past few years.  A fairly good group of honorees, a slightly different format, and good performances.  I'm also not a fan of Ms. Leon's music, but everything isn't for everyone.  I hope whoever produced the show this year sticks around. 

15 hours ago, ebk said:

Huh.  I, on the other hand, thought it was a spectacular show.  Much better than the past few years.  A fairly good group of honorees, a slightly different format, and good performances.  I'm also not a fan of Ms. Leon's music, but everything isn't for everyone.  I hope whoever produced the show this year sticks around. 

Of the parts I saw, I thought it was well done too.

My gosh the whole Trump era made me forget how entertaining 'the republican clown car' could be.  This is precious to watch.   Maybe Marjorie and Loren can throw it down right in the aisle.  Hide the ashtrays and whiskey bottles, because it's a matter of time until somebody throws something.  Round 6 coming up!     

I heard Anne Wilson's unusual cover of Immigrant Song last night and randomly though: I know Heart and Rush have great raps on Zep, I have seen Billy Joel talk about seeing Zep and it changed him, I wonder who else that is highly successful has the mighty Zep as their #1 band???

I have a confession. 

I had no idea what Plant was singing in that middle part of Black Dog,  so I googled. 

This was the most common.

Hey baby, oh, baby, pretty baby
Tell me would you do me now
Move me while you do me now

Do you agree?

I'm not so sure....

5 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I heard Anne Wilson's unusual cover of Immigrant Song last night and randomly though: I know Heart and Rush have great raps on Zep, I have seen Billy Joel talk about seeing Zep and it changed him, I wonder who else that is highly successful has the mighty Zep as their #1 band???

Zep changed Billy Joel? That's a hot one...

21 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

My gosh the whole Trump era made me forget how entertaining 'the republican clown car' could be.  This is precious to watch.   Maybe Marjorie and Loren can throw it down right in the aisle.  Hide the ashtrays and whiskey bottles, because it's a matter of time until somebody throws something.  Round 6 coming up!     

Round 6 has come on gone...last night's vote to adjourn was hilarious. 7th verse, same as the first? ;) 

21 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I have a confession. 

I had no idea what Plant was singing in that middle part of Black Dog,  so I googled. 

This was the most common.

Tell me would you do me now
Move me while you do me now

Do you agree?

I'm not so sure....

Those lyrics seem far too beta male. No alpha ever asks a woman if she'll do him.

On 1/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, Bong-Man said:

It has shown us there are only 20 Republicans in Congress who aren't RINOs and Establishment shills. Frankly, that's 20 more than I had thought after the mid-terms.