Becoming Led Zeppelin documentary & American Epic (Quick Update)

sam_webmaster

• 1 month later...

It’s impossible to doa good LZ doc. Period. Footage is as sparse  as Bigfoot video. Interviews would be almost nil. Concert and backstage footage is almost zero. I’m talking non SRTS and EC footage. . That’s what you get when you shun the media most of your career. LZ are the biggest unknown band in the world….and I love it. 

19 hours ago, Blaize86 said:

It’s impossible to doa good LZ doc. Period. Footage is as sparse  as Bigfoot video. Interviews would be almost nil. Concert and backstage footage is almost zero. I’m talking non SRTS and EC footage. . That’s what you get when you shun the media most of your career. LZ are the biggest unknown band in the world….and I love it. 

Well said Sir, I am with you, I absolutely love that they were the biggest band in the world, and they were not available. It’s a point of pride, and I try to follow that in my own life in my own little world. Obviously, I am no JPJ, RP, JP, or JB. However, it is something that I have always been proud of. To have been the best selling, the best live band, the best frontman, the best lead guitarist, the absolute best musician in John Paul, and by far the best drummer ever, and to have not made themselves available or to have not bowed to the media or establishment. What an amazing achievement. 

Thank you for your post, I could not agree more. 

• 1 month later...

Im down for it still.... anything with even a lil bit something new in it , footage etc! 👍🏼

Just cant get too excited to be let down !

but thats how i felt going to see Plant & Page ! They started with thankyou & my heart was was idk .... let down ,figured it is what it is I WILL still be happy even if it goes the rout it started with 

but then it took off straight for the moon!!

everyone said it was their most favorite concert!!!  &  Drummer Michael Lee was amazing !

so if theirs ANY new footage  

im thirsty  for it ! 

Im just happy for a real update even!

• 4 weeks later...

https://ledzepnews.com/2023/07/02/revealed-all-3-surviving-band-members-were-supposed-to-promote-becoming-led-zeppelin/

Looks like only Page promoted it and attended event…

We’ll see if anyone picks it up to run in theaters or streaming … 

I wish they’d just release it on blu ray and theaters then streaming service already. 

R😎

On 7/2/2023 at 3:24 PM, Zep Hed said:

"Were supposed to" Seems rather a hope. A sound plan but failure to secure Plant's and JPJ's commitment adds up to more than a minor oversight.

The thing is Plant and Jones did see the original cut of the film and seemed quite pleased with it.

• 3 months later...

BREAKING NEWS

Sources indicate the interminably-delayed release of Becoming Led Zeppelin is due to the need to remove too many "baby baby baby" yowls from our dear young exhuberant Robert Plant, and as Mr Plant often jests, that's nearly half of everything he sang in the early years of the genre-making and genre-breaking rock band. Unfortunately the effort to remove the offending vocal parts entirely broke the film, which covers the formation and rise to becoming the first band to succeed The Beatles as the world's most popular.

Compounding the ongoing and unexplained delay, includes a wild attempt to "heal the film" by a triad triage ritual of Celtic Pagan, Thelema, and Wiccan masters, who couldn't even start their special film healing ritual when no one could find the "bloody match" to light the candles when they gathered on Denmark Street in Soho under a full blood moon. Sources indicate a mighty wind blew when the ritual was about to start, but another source states "all this is just a load of hot air". Whether or not that hot air is sufficient to raise a balloon, the film itself, presented as a well-received work-in-progress at the 2021 Venice Film Festival, remains unreleased.

"It's all rather... unbecoming," muttered our source, as he slipped off to the bog and ordered another Ballintine's en route.

Edited by FavouriteTipple

• 4 months later...

It's hilarious to think that solving the question of who was the old thatcher man on the fourth album is far more interesting news than the status of a "Not Coming in Your Lifetime" Led Zep documentary.    I think it is time for most of us to spend more time making sure we have fully analyzed all of the photos on the cover of the 3rd Album.  🙂