Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

3:25 - that is just fucking AWESOME. Did Robert mean that as a tribute of some kind? One of the coolest things... I have not seen this film clip to this song before. Looks like a shot at the official "film clip". Great to see, thanks Steve.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Robert Plant European Television Program Appearances (1985)

Can anyone provide further details on Robert Plant's television program appearances in Finland, Norway & Spain 1985? Seeking the program names and original telecast dates. They were promotional appearances for Shaken 'n Stirred. I show his UK tv appearances were completed in May 1985 so perhaps it was around that time of year.

I believe these were in late September 1985. The one in Spain aired on Sept. 24th, 1985.

It's a shame the only available pro-shot footage of this tour is lip-syncd TV appearances.

50 minutes ago, sam_webmaster said:

I believe these were in late September 1985. The one in Spain aired on Sept. 24th, 1985.

It's a shame the only available pro-shot footage of this tour is lip-syncd TV appearances.

Eye Thank Yew, sam_webmaster! Perhaps additional details on Norway will be found.

I completely agree with you about the pro-shot footage, and as you know there is very little audience-sourced footage in circulation.

19 hours ago, rm2551 said:

3:25 - that is just fucking AWESOME. Did Robert mean that as a tribute of some kind? One of the coolest things... I have not seen this film clip to this song before. Looks like a shot at the official "film clip". Great to see, thanks Steve.

which video are you referring to?

On 9/21/2020 at 7:07 PM, jsj said:

which video are you referring to?

Big Log. He turns and faces the drums - which look empty. It just looked a bit nostalgic/sad - like a moment where he was thinking of John. I'm probably reading way too much into it, but that was how it looked to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 3:11 PM, rm2551 said:

Big Log. He turns and faces the drums - which look empty. It just looked a bit nostalgic/sad - like a moment where he was thinking of John. I'm probably reading way too much into it, but that was how it looked to me.

It does seem premediated though, given the accentuated way Robbie points directly at Robert first.

I’m reading Chris Salewicz’s Page biography nd in it he states the the black beauty that was stolen was a gift from Keith Richards. I have never read any such suggestion in any book or magazine etc before. Surely not? 

I did say  few years ago I wouldn’t buy my more books but it was reduced so I couldn’t resist. It seems good up to and including the session years, but now we’re into the band there seems to be quite a lot of mistakes that would be very easily checked

On 10/8/2020 at 9:56 AM, jsj said:

I’m reading Chris Salewicz’s Page biography nd in it he states the the black beauty that was stolen was a gift from Keith Richards. I have never read any such suggestion in any book or magazine etc before. Surely not? 

I did say  few years ago I wouldn’t buy my more books but it was reduced so I couldn’t resist. It seems good up to and including the session years, but now we’re into the band there seems to be quite a lot of mistakes that would be very easily checked

Page's 1960 Gibson Les Paul Custom 'Black Beauty' was purchased new in 1962 for £185.

Edited by dazedjeffy

On 10/8/2020 at 11:56 PM, jsj said:

7 hours ago, dazedjeffy said:

Page's 1960 Gibson Les Paul Custom 'Black Beauty' was purchased new in 1962 for £185.

Further details here: 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, swann said:

You do realise that this Marilyn Cole is NOT the one who married Richard?

If you read back  a page or two (I know it's a hard thing to do) You will find that SAJ has already stated she is/was married to Victor Lownes.

Edited by JTM

Who stole the money at the Drake? I am currently reading tour manager Richard Cole's book which is sophomoric and gratuitous. I'll finish reading it since I paid for the damn thing but it's awful. I already had suspected that he is the one who swiped the money but after reading a section where he bellyaches about not getting paid enough it only increased my suspicion. He sounds like a complete sociopath.

On 12/1/2020 at 2:57 AM, Terri Lilly said:

Who stole the money at the Drake? I am currently reading tour manager Richard Cole's book which is sophomoric and gratuitous. I'll finish reading it since I paid for the damn thing but it's awful. I already had suspected that he is the one who swiped the money but after reading a section where he bellyaches about not getting paid enough it only increased my suspicion. He sounds like a complete sociopath.

The case remains unsolved.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, Terri Lilly said:

I believe it was one of the 5 New York Families.  I don't know which one, but I think it was a Mob related heist.  

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

One thing is for certain, and that is Led Zeppelin never stayed at the Plaza Hotel again.

They stayed there in '75, '76 TSRTS premiere, '77. Probably other times too. I was at the Plaza during the 2003 'DVD' premiere as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 2:09 AM, sam_webmaster said:

They stayed there in '75, '76 TSRTS premiere, '77. Probably other times too. I was at the Plaza during the 2003 'DVD' premiere as well.

I do stand corrected and that's what I get for posting from memory.

One thing though, I show TSRTS premier after-party on 10/19/76 was held at Pierre Hotel - La Fret Restaurant  (61st Street & 5th Avenue). So I'm going to add the Plaza Hotel as their accommodations at that time.