George Will article, READ THIS

kdh

This is a quote from George Will in his newspaper column dated Friday, January 11th headed "Contest still fluid, at least till Feb.5".

I cannot find the link.

George Will's column's are distributed by the Washington Post.

This is his email address: georgewill@washpost.com

Here goes the typing

"Led Zeppelin's recent reunion concert in London exemplified a tiresome phenomenon - geezer rock groups catering to baby boomer nostalgia.

George Will is a political writer with leanings to the Republican party.

This is a quote from George Will in his newspaper column dated Friday, January 11th headed "Contest still fluid, at least till Feb.5".

I cannot find the link.

Here goes the typing

"Led Zeppelin's recent reunion concert in London exemplified a tiresome phenomenon - geezer rock groups catering to baby boomer nostalgia.

:angry:

must be a britney spears fan

I cannot find the link.

Here goes the typing

I don't agree with his opinion on Zeppelin per say, but you have to admit there is a trend happening. For this reason and this reason alone, I can understand why Zeppelin may have reservations about touring without having some new vital material. We hope as fan's that they do come up with something and that they continue to put out material. But I've got to admit that the trend is a disturbing one. As we've been talking about on another thread..... The corporate guy's want their pound of flesh guaranteed..... and their getting it... RIP Armhet

Have you seen George Will?! He's a dork with a bad haircut and a bow tie. He was probably beaten savagely by bullies in high school -- meaning he's working out some issues.

He should stick to writing about politics; commenting on music and/or pop culture is not his forte.

Sent him this...

Hello George,

Led Zeppelin cater to no one. This was a tribute concert in respect to passing of bands mentor. Before you step onto your soapbox at the very least pick a subject you are familiar with.

Regards,

Have you seen George Will?! He's a dork with a bad haircut and a bow tie. He was probably beaten savagely by bullies in high school -- meaning he's working out some issues.

With statements like his, I'd be surprised if he didn't get beaten up again.

George Will is part of the same subculture as Karl Rove. They think they somehow have a bead on what the mainstream is but they are actually the epitome of counter-hip.

Thank God it wasn't Tony Kornheiser or Micheal Wilbon. I stop listening to Howard Stern because of his excessive rants on Zeppelin (and other things) but i cant lose my PTI. Even though Tony said Zeppelin was a bunch of screaming monkeys, but he's a dope anyway.

I cannot find the link.

Here goes the typing

George Will is tiresome; I wonder what he had to say about Elvis. Thank God the members of Led Zeppelin still care about music.

George Will (LZ closet fan?) was probably mad that LZ refused him a press pass. I can see it now--he was steamed as he clipped on his bow tie and slipped on his blousers over his rubbers and slacks. By the time he had rode his three wheeled bicycle (with the grated rack on the handlebars) all the way to the office he was breathing fire. Then he wrote his 'opinion piece'.

That evening, thinking of what he had penned, he was both proud and full of self-loathing. As he sat down to eat the peanut butter and jelly sandwich his mom had made for his dinner he broke out in tears. Whether they were tears for missing the show or for what he had written is a mystery? But at least him mom was there to comfort him by putting his head to her shoulder until he cried himself to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

George Will is ten pounds of smug, pseudo-intellectual neo-kahn bullshit crammed into a stinky five-pound bag. And he's a baseball fanatic - proof positive (not that any more is necessary) that he's a boring, tasteless old fart.

Piss on 'im from a great height.

Another brain-damaged moron who just doesn't get who they're dealing with, this is Zeppelin (actually 3/4 LZ), not some desperate-for-cash has-been loser band that never really was that good. They are the exception, the best. I always get a laugh out of all the pathetic weak arguments as to why Zep "sucked" or shouldn't play again. Some people are just too stupid and tone-deaf to see the greatness of LZ, which is their problem, not ours.

So the guy's a moron. I fail to see what his political leanings have to do with thinking Zeppelin are a geezer novelty act or whatever he said. To use his assinine statement as an excuse for conservative bashing is ill-placed IMO. Just sayin. Hell, Bill O'Reilly is a huge Doors fan. :lol:

I don't agree with his opinion on Zeppelin per say, but you have to admit there is a trend happening. For this reason and this reason alone, I can understand why Zeppelin may have reservations about touring without having some new vital material. We hope as fan's that they do come up with something and that they continue to put out material. But I've got to admit that the trend is a disturbing one. As we've been talking about on another thread..... The corporate guy's want their pound of flesh guaranteed..... and their getting it... RIP Armhet

DISTURBING TREND???????????????????????? WTF ???????????????????

Archived