Actor Heath Ledger Dies

The Pagemeister

Everyone should just wait for the autopsy results before we talk about drugs and stuff. One person was on CNN saying he had pneumonia. He could have died from complications of that. Who knows. Just wait and see what happens.

I was never a fan but it's always sad when someone that young dies.

To all:

I apologize for my lack of respect regarding my earliest post on this thread. I know I have angered a lot of individuals and that was not my intent. I recently suffered the loss of my closest friend in the same fashion. My best friend of 29 years. literally. I helped carry him to his grave after his "accident" with pills. It was horribe to see what it did to his family. And I lost my best friend.

I am sorry to those that i offended, my feelings were misplaced. i am troubled, please forgive. I have seen much, as have most and tire of the waste...

Are you serious? Suicide is complicated and it's not about doing it to hurt others. Unless you've known people who have actually killed themselves, don't try to make light of it.

Well, actually, suicide is about hurting others, but also trying to blot out the pain. i know. A very close friend of mine committed suicide in 1993 six weeks after his 9 month pregnant wife did. And no, the child did not survive. What a waste of three lives. I feel for ledgers' family, i truly do. i buried my best friend for 29 fucking years back in august cause of pills, i saw the devastation of a family...a family i was part of, in a sense. I apologize for my innappropriate behavior in this matter.

Edited by stonefreelee

To all:

I apologize for my lack of respect regarding my earliest post on this thread. I know I have angered a lot of individuals and that was not my intent. I recently suffered the loss of my closest friend in the same fashion. My best friend of 29 years. literally. I helped carry him to his grave after his "accident" with pills. It was horribe to see what it did to his family. And I lost my best friend.

I am sorry to those that i offended, my feelings were misplaced. i am troubled, please forgive. I have seen much, as have most and tire of the waste...

Noted and accepted. I've been there and I know the feelings - the anger and frustration and the pain.

Sorry for your loss.

Noted and accepted. I've been there and I know the feelings - the anger and frustration and the pain.

Sorry for your loss.

thanks for your compassion and understanding...i am sorry to all i could not do the same, at the time it was most needed...

Edited by stonefreelee

Everyone should just wait for the autopsy results before we talk about drugs and stuff. One person was on CNN saying he had pneumonia. He could have died from complications of that. Who knows. Just wait and see what happens.

I was never a fan but it's always sad when someone that young dies.

:blink:

:blink:

Spats?

Are you sure that's you?

Love the comment, Spats. It's one of the best posts in this thread.

Heath's proud. :D

ETA: and FWIW, I've been there with the pain of losing people you love. In 2002/2003, I went through 15 months of losing people I loved. I lost a friend to cancer in October 2002, my father to a freak accident at the end of December 2002, my maternal grandmother to cancer in May, a family friend to suicide in July 2003, my paternal grandfather to a (third?) stroke in January 2004--he died 12 months, 2 days after my dad's funeral...talk about a tough year. I was paranoid my mom was going to be next and leave me with my two underage sisters to care for at 22/23... I wouldn't wish a year like that on anyone. I was scared to answer my door and telephone some days...

Edited by manderlyh

Hey guess what everyone! The loonies are already making comment about Heath's death....you know, since he starred in Brokeback Mountain and all that.

http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=3425

It's good to see these fine people at the Westboro Baptist Church worrying about important things.....like picketing an actor's funeral.

God, I hate these pieces of shit. I hope THEY rot in hell for all eternity.

Why did I waste my time looking at their actual website?

All it did was piss me off.

Seriously. People that call themselves "Christians" that promote "hate" sure are two-faced, aren't they?

:rolleyes:

I hope that they don't picket his funeral. For the sake of his loved ones, if not for his memory. I think that's the most disrespectful disregard for human life other than actually murdering someone.

Hey guess what everyone! The loonies are already making comment about Heath's death....you know, since he starred in Brokeback Mountain and all that.

It's good to see these fine people at the Westboro Baptist Church worrying about important things.....like picketing an actor's funeral.

Seconded. Protesting at a funeral is about as low as it gets.

That is very sickening of that site. If there was a God, which I am not denying[no need to go into that] I am very sure that he would be proud of Heath's accomplishments. I am sure God appreciates the laughter and happiness he brought on to so many in his movies, whether he played a homosexual character or not. I am sure that God loves Heath as much as his friends, fans, and family does, so much that acting homosexual in one movie makes no difference at all.

There is a lot more worse things that can happen besides "being homosexual" or "acting homosexual". If God really does appreciate the variety and diversity in human beings, this makes no difference at all.

Edited by DeepBlackZeppelin

To all:

I forgive you. But please please be careful about how you state things next time, ok :)

"and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them?"

Yes. You are. It's called compassion. Whether these incidents are accidents or deliberate, they don't happen because the person in question is enjoying him/herself so much, but because they're suffering in some way.

When you're suffering, I hope there is somebody there for you, stonefreelee, who is a better human being than you are yourself. And I don't give a shit how sanctimonious that sounds, it's true.

Mona got it right. I hope you do fuck off.

Both Jesus & the Dali Lama would be proud of your AMAZINLY SENSITIVE & KIND EXPRESSION OF COMPASSION .

Dude, not cool. :angry: Heath Ledger was a great actor, and it's really sad that he died so suddenly. I've loved him since I saw A Knight's Tale, I swear my heart skipped a beat when I saw the news on my computer. He had a lot of potential left, and now his daughter will have to grow up without ever knowing her dad. It's really sad news to some people on this board.

Thanks Mona, I feel the same way. Loved him A Knight's Tale and he made me weep in "Brokeback Mountain." An amazingly humane actor, this is awful news.

Condolences to his family, and especially his daughter. :'(

Edited by SunChild

DITTO ON THE COMPASSION? THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH IS ABSOLUTELY WACKED ! Edited by lajoie

Autopsy fails to find how actor Heath Ledger died

Story Highlights

led256.jpg

NEW YORK (CNN) -- An autopsy Wednesday morning on actor Heath Ledger was inconclusive, and a cause-of-death determination will take 10 to 14 days, a medical examiner's spokeswoman said.

The Academy Award-nominated actor was found dead Tuesday of a possible drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment, the New York Police Department said. He was 28.

Ledger's former girlfriend, actress Michelle Williams, who was shooting a movie in Sweden, was informed of his death late Tuesday night, a movie production company spokesman said.

Williams left early Wednesday morning with 2-year-old daughter Matilda Rose, the spokesman said. Ledger was the child's father.

Ledger, Oscar-nominated for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," was found by a housekeeper trying to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse, said police spokesman Paul Browne.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," he told CNN. Watch Ledger discuss taking on challenging roles »

"This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet," Browne said.

Browne later told reporters some prescription medications were found in the room, including sleeping pills. He said the pills were not "scattered around," as had been reported.

No note was found and there was no indication of foul play, Browne said. Ledger was found about 3 p.m., and was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency personnel about 3:30 p.m.

Ledger's family on Wednesday called his death "very tragic, untimely and accidental." Watch family and other Australians mourn actor »

"Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life, but few had the pleasure of truly knowing him," Ledger's father, Kim Ledger, told reporters while standing with the actor's mother and sister in Perth, Australia.

"He was a down-to-earth, generous, kindhearted, life-loving, unselfish individual extremely inspirational to many."

Hollywood reacts

Condolences began pouring in from Ledger's friends and co-stars.

"I had such great hope for him," said Mel Gibson, who played Ledger's father in "The Patriot," in a statement.

"He was just taking off, and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family."

Actress Nicole Kidman, a fellow Australian and close friend of Ledger's, said in a statement, "What a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family." Watch the reaction at the Sundance Film Festival »

At the time of his death, Ledger had just finished playing the villain The Joker in "The Dark Knight," the latest installment in the Batman series. The film is to open in July.

The role disturbed him, according to The Associated Press. He called The Joker a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy."

"Last week, I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

He said prescription sleeping pills didn't help, according to AP.

"It was a very great challenge for Heath," director Christopher Nolan told AP. "He's extremely original, extremely frightening, tremendously edgy. A very young character, a very anarchic presence that taps into a lot of our basic fears and panic." Watch Ledger discuss taking on challenging roles »

Ledger was born in Perth, Australia, and named Heathcliff Andrew after the main characters of Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights." He began acting at a local theater as a child. Find out more about the actor »

Ledger's first American film was the teen comedy "10 Things I Hate About You" in 1999, and he immediately attracted attention from Hollywood. He passed up several scripts before taking a role in the Revolutionary War drama "The Patriot" in 2000 and "A Knight's Tale" in 2001. He also played a supporting role in "Monster's Ball," among other films. See a photo gallery of Ledger's life and career »

"In a way I was spoon-fed a career," he told the Glasgow Herald in 2005. "It was fully manufactured by a studio that believed it could put me on their posters and turn me into a product. ... I hadn't figured out properly how to act, and all of a sudden I was being thrown into these lead roles."

Controversial role

But Ledger was perhaps best known for his 2005 portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain," about two cowboys who had a secret romantic relationship. The role earned him an Oscar nomination.

"I felt that choices were being made for me, so I feel this has been my time now to find the good stories and test myself," Ledger told the Glasgow Herald in the 2005 interview. "It has been an interesting year, where I finally have a sense of accomplishment."

Asked how he felt about filming love scenes with another man, Ledger said he and his co-star Jake Gyllenhaal simply focused on their roles.

"We can't say that we weren't nervous about it," Ledger told Oprah Winfrey in 2006. "But once the first take was over, it's like, 'OK. So what? It's kissing another human being. How are we going to finish this scene? Let's get on with it and let's get out of here.' "

In a written statement, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation said it mourns Ledger's death, adding that his portrayal of Del Mar "changed hearts and minds in immeasurable ways."

Edited by The Pagemeister

I'm still shocked beyond belief, not to mention incredibly troubled by his death, for some reason. I'm not particularly a fan of his, even, it's just unnerving that he died so suddenly, and at such a painfully young age.

Poor Heath. Poor Matilda.

Requiescat in pace, brother. I hope you've found solace.

Also, I cannot describe the amount of disgust I feel towards that fucking Westboro Baptist Church. My god.

Both Jesus & the Dali Lama would be proud of your AMAZINLY SENSITIVE & KIND EXPRESSION OF COMPASSION .

Oh, thanks! Yeah, I was hoping my point would come across that I was hoping he would be shown more compassion than his initial post ("yawn") had revealed him to be showing others. (And in the meantime, that I hoped we wouldn't have to read any more crap like that initial post.) Thank goodness you read closely enough to realize that!

Edited for spelling

Edited by Aquamarine

I really don't get why those people think he's gay just because he played a gay character once in a movie :huh: However, this announcement is so disgusting, I don't know what to say :angry: It's best to ignore such people, they're simply not worth it.

I can't even look at their website without feeling physically ill.

I do however,want to believe that God has a "special "place in hell for these fine upstanding Church going folks. :unsure: