Guilty Pleasures

Bilbo the Rover

Some real gems there. Good one with You're The One That I Want. And while we're on that subject, here's another one from Grease and a couple more of my faves:

Summer Nights-Olivia Newton John and John Travolta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blcvkFqeKac

Holly Holy-Neil Diamond

Gordon Lightfoot-Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Remember those stations well. When WLIR switched over to WDRE which was a lot of the same format but more mainstream, the last song on WLIR was My Way by Sid Vicious. What a way to end it.

i will never forget how tragic it was for me and my friends back then to lose the only radio station we would listen to. i was on my way to a basketball (I was a cheerleader). there is a lot of music from those days that i think was really fantastic, and now so lost. i have really never found another radio station again that played those songs and only those songs. ah, the 80's.

Some real gems there. Good one with You're The One That I Want. And while we're on that subject, here's another one from Grease and a couple more of my faves:

I forgot about the Grease soundtrack! I loved the Xanadu soundtrack too.

I am surely headed to hell for this one :bagoverhead: especially for letting my kids listen to it. But my parents never censored my music, and the radio station they play it on here does have a decency line and they allow it.

(My daughter taught me to do the peace up hand thing too :lol: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O5U6aBQi0s

What song do you love that you are embarrased to admit ? When it comes on the radio in the car you sing it at the top of your lungs or hide the CD from your friends and only play it when you're alone. For me, too many come to mind, a tune or two from Air Supply ( I KNOW ! I KNOW !) or the Little River Band...but I'll have to pick two from Leo Sayer......" When I Need You" and for the runner up "More Than I Can Say". I'm really not ashamed to admit that I love these songs.....er...really. Your turn....

"Oh ,what a night(december 63)" by Frankie Valli and the Four seasons is one dig for unknown reasons! anyone know the tune?

Archived