Guilty Pleasures

Bilbo the Rover

I love disco music and my favorite song is "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry. I play it over and over and dance around the house, embarrassing my kids.

He he, before I saw the thread was about music, I was going to say chocolate. :-)

When I was in Israel in the summer with my daughter, there was a band playing in the middle of a street (walking street) and I started dancing, which I often do. I wasn't being offensive or anything, but heck even me smiling offends the kid. "Stop smiling all the time mom" (she's a young teen), and then the funniest thing happened.

We went to buy her a drink and the guy serving her started dancing.

Sometimes things just work out perfect.

^^ I am not ashamed to admit I love me some disco!! :D There are way too many songs for me to list that I would consider guilty pleasures. I must admit I like alot of the 70's AM radio, lite rock stuff, 80's hair metal and some of the teen pop stuff. :)

^^ I am not ashamed to admit I love me some disco!! :D There are way too many songs for me to list that I would consider guilty pleasures. I must admit I like alot of the 70's AM radio, lite rock stuff, 80's hair metal and some of the teen pop stuff. :)

disco5.gif

Oh, I have a few.

Some of the Monkee's songs such as "Last Train to Clarksville" (not Clarksdale), "I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone".

Lipps Inc. "Funky Town".

A few New Kids On The Block tunes, namely: "Tonight", "Step By Step" and "Hangin' Tough" (love the guitar). Definitely a JP influence on the guitar there.

Backstreet Boys: "Backstreet's Back Tonight". Not sure if that's the exact name and "I Want It That Way".

Here's something special for you! :)

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=aKL2L0ISDfo&...feature=related

Church Of The Poison Mind....Culture Club

i love that song! i must admit, i spent 4 years of high school listenting to new wave music (if anyone is here from NY, do you remember WLIR or WDRE?)

anyway, i would say my quily pleasure is Be Near Me by ABC.

i love that song! i must admit, i spent 4 years of high school listenting to new wave music (if anyone is here from NY, do you remember WLIR or WDRE?)

anyway, i would say my quily pleasure is Be Near Me by ABC.

Remember those stations well. When WLIR switched over to WDRE which was a lot of the same format but more mainstream, the last song on WLIR was My Way by Sid Vicious. What a way to end it.

I'm a gambler and I'm a runner but you knew that when you layed down

I'm a picture of ugly stories I'm a killer and I'm a clown

Step into the street by sundown step into your last goodbye

You're a target just by living twenty dollars will make you die

I wear lace and I wear black leather my hands are lightning upon my gun

My shots are clean and my my shots are final my shots are deadly and when it's done

You're as stiff as my smoking barrel you're as dead as a desert night

You're a notch and I'm a legend you're at peace and I must hide

Tell me where the hell I'm going let my bones fall in the dust

Can't you hear that ghost that's calling as my colt begins to rust in the dust

I'm a killer I'm a clown I'm a priest that's gone to town

Archived