What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

The Sound of Music - 'The Untold Story' 50th anniversary special with Diane Sawyer and Julie Andrews. I'm giddy with excitement...really!!! :D

Hi again, Dd! :wave: I know you posted this about a month ago, but I just had to log in to the forum today, to thank you! For, if it wasn't for you posting about the 50th anniversary special of "The Sound of Music" on this thread, I wouldn't even have known about this! I watched it last night on good old Youtube and I loved it! :D Diane Sawyer definitely gives all of us fans a great inside look into so many aspects of the movie, which otherwise would have been unknown! Again Dd, thank you! Thank you so very much! :thanku:

For all fans of "The Sound of Music" who are residing outside the U.S, here is a link to the 50th Anniversary special on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_GeA_JkDsU

1972's "What's Up, Doc?" on tivo...I had it recorded last week and I am finally getting around to watching it. It has always been one of my favourite comedies...Barbra Streisand and Madeline Kahn and Kenneth Mars are hysterical, among the many other comic talents on board this laugh-fest. Including a young Randy Quaid. Barbra Streisand was never sexier than in this film.

I am laughing so hard Honey Nut Cheerios are coming out of my nose.

You are most welcome, Kiwi, and thank you for posting the YouTube video. I didn't know it was out there, and I would love to watch it again! How did you like that the Mother Abbess said that when she heard her (Mother Abbess in movie) sing, she thought the milk gets sour. What!! That's one of my favorites!!

^^You're very welcome, Dd! I do hope it stays on YT permanently! :D

Oh my gosh! The remarks made by that Mother Abbess, was pretty much a "what the heck?!" moment for me in that special! And I think she even declared that she could have done a much better job in singing "Climb Every Mountain" :blink: I think she might be one of the few people on this earth who wasn't moved by such a beautiful and inspirational song! Also, a heartwarming moment for me, was seeing vintage footage of Julie Andrews singing "Edelweiss" with the real Maria von Trapp! :wub: I am also glad to have learnt that the real von Trapp family had an easier escape compared to what was shown in the movie!

**Edited for a spelling error

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

^^You're very welcome, Dd! I do hope it stays on YT permanently! :D

Oh my gosh! The remarks made by that Mother Abbess, was pretty much a "what the heck?!" moment for me in that special! And I think she even declared that she could have done a much better job in singing "Climb Every Mountain" :blink: I think she might be one of the few people on this earth who wasn't moved by such a beautiful and inspirational song! Also, a heartwarming moment for me, was seeing vintage footage of Julie Andrews singing "Edelweiss" with the real Maria von Trapp! :wub: I am also glad to have learnt that the real von Trapp family had an easier escape compared to what was shown in the movie!

**Edited for a spelling error

Yes, yes! So many treasures in that special, they did a great job!