Tour without Plant

pinky

As you should know Robert is the only member of Zeppelin who has not said he wants to tour if he never says yes do you think Jimmy, John, and Jason should tour not being called Led Zeppelin with another singer if so who. Personally I think they should, potential singers could be the Black Crowes singer (who Jimmy has performed with) or maybe even Wolfmothers singer (Wolfmother performed Communication Breakdown at what I belive was Zeppelin's British Rock and Roll hall of Fame Induction).

As you should know Robert is the only member of Zeppelin who has not said he wants to tour if he never says yes do you think Jimmy, John, and Jason should tour not being called Led Zeppelin with another singer if so who. Personally I think they should, potential singers could be the Black Crowes singer (who Jimmy has performed with) or maybe even Wolfmothers singer (Wolfmother performed Communication Breakdown at what I belive was Zeppelin's British Rock and Roll hall of Fame Induction).

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

*clears throat* No.

Bad Idea. I mean can you imagine Pink Floyd without Roger Waters? Queen without Freddie Mercury? Shocking concept.

you do realise that page with out plant and jones is a joke jason made it right in many ways other thaan that it a joke pagew and plANT WERE NTHAT JUST PAGE N PLANT THEY WERE not l ed zep

you do realise that page with out plant and jones is a joke jason made it right in many ways other thaan that it a joke pagew and plANT WERE NTHAT JUST PAGE N PLANT THEY WERE not l ed zep

Dyslexia is a terrible thing.

That's blasphemy even to suggest it, Led Zeppelin IS and always will BE:

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham (Jason shares the same DNA so it's okay, lol).

It's like bloody ying and yang!

No. no. no.....NO!!!!

That's like Prima Donna Psychobabble. Pageys baby needs wings? One appears to be broken again.

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

thats why I said NOT AS LED ZEPPELIN.

Yeah but they'd be doing Zeppelin songs and I don't care who the singer is, they won't be able to fill in for Robert. If the tour doesn't happen I think these 'what if' scenarios are a waste of time and quite pointless.

If it were easy to replace Plant then a tour without him would have been planned by now....cause we all know Jimmy and JPJ are all for it.

thats why I said NOT AS LED ZEPPELIN.

Yeah but they'd be doing Zeppelin songs and I don't care who the singer is, they won't be able to fill in for Robert. If the tour doesn't happen I think these 'what if' scenarios are a waste of time and quite pointless.

If it were easy to replace Plant then a tour without him would have been planned by now....cause we all know Jimmy and JPJ are all for it.

Doesnt matter how you said it. It was said like they arent allowed to be creative or perform or call themselves whatever they wish because of Plant.

Nonsense..

Jones tours and does LZ songs, Plant tours and does LZ songs, Page did two Outrider and the other. The Firm did some, Coverdale Page did some...

Just ludicrous anyone who would try to imply someone cannot make a living or earn money because one person wont perform. I think they should get s singer and call themselves The Led Zeppelin Knobs. Will that work?

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

If Jimmy Page & J.P Jones decide on a tour either separately or together or with Jason Bonham,fair enough.If Robert Plant join's them at (or on) some stage later on,even better.The concept of a full-blown Zeppelin tour,I think,is out of the question.Percy has the Krauss tour sure,but even after that I think he may look elsewhere for inspiration(my thoughts only).They said it felt great to be performing together again,but things were very much different now and each member (including Jason) had their committment's to family and such.I wish it were another way but I don't believe it will be.

Yes, if necessary they should tour without Robert. I don't think Robert would want or expect the rest of them to sit around and not make music. The only way he would get angry is if they toured with a new singer and called it Led Zeppelin. That's such a horrible idea it's almost funny.

Let 'em tour without a singer, that would be nice and simple. That could be challenging as all hell and sound really good. Like it or not, Robert has shown plenty of ability to come up with new material. We need to hear something new from Jimmy.

Anyone know what Robert's son, Logan, sounds like?

Then we'd have both Son of Thunder and Son of Scream?!!! :lol:

he sounds quite good actually. :)

I haven't read many interviews or whatnot.. but I suppose it's possible that the other members would tour together. and probably they'd tour under a different name.

I would be over the moon if Page, JPJ and Bonzo Jr. decided to tour!

They couldnt get away with touring as "Led Zeppelin" as that would be blasphemy. (I'd still go though. :D)

Page & The Black Crowes sounded AWSOME, so add JPJ and Jason into the mix and it will be amazing. Just seeing JPJ yesterday made me the happiest guy in the world, now times that feeling by three and thats what I'd be like if I went to see LZ without Plant.

Plant obviously doesnt want to tour and the others do, add 2 + 2 together and you work out that they tour together with a new singer or completely instrumental, the instrumental option would seem more authentic.

I'd pay good money to see: "Page, Plant, Jones, Bonham - The No Percy Tour."

Finding a good enough singer would be impossible but the Black Crowes singer did an amazing job.

I dont see people's objections if they dont tour as "Led Zeppelin".

They toured without JPJ (the most important member IMO) and nobody seemed to care so why not Robert?

Archived