VH1 Classic Albums

IF you've seen this show, I don't need to tell you how cool it is.

It's on VH1 Classic channel and i've seen some of the best records ever made being discussed track by track by the artists, producers, or writer/critics. They've had Cream, Pink Floyd, the Who and many others. I would give a testicle to see Led Zeppelin featured on one of these shows.

The problem is which album?

For me, if i had to choose, it would II

Thoughts?

I know I read somewhere that Page was involved in a Classic Albums production, but haven't seen or heard anything since.

I really like the idea of it but i think they fail at it. The Steely Dan AJA was great because they went through all the tracks and showed alot of little secrets in the tracks. The Doors and Pink Floyd was good too. But the severely missed the point on the Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Def Leppard. There was hardly and mentioning of the actual music. It was always a side story that involved the band, but really didn't pertained to the album. I was severely pissed off when i saw these. I love how they have each member go through each part and tell a little story behind it and then would drop tracks on each song to show the little things. But with the above mentioned episodes, it was like they were telling the story of the band, but only the part of the story that included the album, but really nothing about the making of the album.

It's like they made a six hour documentary about the band, and only showed the part that included the album being shown. There was one were the guy went through a bitter divorce during the album and he was lead songwriter, but there was no mentioning of his divorce which led to most of the songs bieng. And they will skip half of the songs.

There is some really good one, but some of them is just a waste of time. If they just keep it to where they are all sitting a the board and they tell a little story about each part and the actual making of the album.

... all of the Classic Album specials they are running here in the states are edited versions of the DVD releases from Eagle Rock Entertainment.

currently, there has not been a Led Zeppelin DVD produced by them, so no Led Zep documentary from the Eagle Rock people (who pay for the rock "infomercial" of sorts.

VH1 Classic has been running the 2 and a half hour Led Zeppelin live (concert footage from the 2003 dvd set) and they have previously aired, TSRTS, as well as the Robert Plant (Nine Lives boxed set) interview from last fall (when it was released) and a Rock Autisim commercial featuring Plant (that was taped the same time the Nine Lives interviews took place at Plant's home in England (with Eddie Trunk).

Too bad Eddie Trunk is no longer working for VH1 Classic. They got rid of him and Lynne Hoffman about a year ago and replaced them with Mark Goodman (old VJ from the original MTV days). He's boring and doesn't know nearly as much about music as Eddie Trunk (DJ ) and Lynn Hoffman (who has been on A&E Presents as host to an hour music special that interviews rock bands and artists (they also play some new and classic cuts in the studio). A&E and Biography Channels (owned by same company) also air the Led Zeppelin Biography special (not vary regularly though). Maybe once a year (if that).

Live from Abbey Road is another program (that runs on Sundance Channel here in the US). They run weekly episodes with 3 artists/ bands per program. Examples : David Gilmour, Iron Maiden, Dave Matthews have all appeared on this past season.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss did appear around Valentine's Day and a few weeks afterwards on CMT (Country Music Television) on their Crossroads special (1 hour show). It hasn't aired in 6 or so weeks. Waiting for it to re-air some time (hopefully soon, so I can record it)... until (hopefully, it will be a DVD release at some point). I'm still waiting for the 2002 Austin City Limits Robert Plant show to be released officially (but I guess it's not going to happen).

R B)

Edited by reids

I'm sure they would choose 4 simply because it was their #1 rock album of all time. Personally I would like to see PG.

IV would have been my next choice (no lie) because you're right about it being one of the all time great albums. The reason I chose II was because it's the record that really made them big in the US with Whole Lotta Love.

Actually any of the records would be okay :-)

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss did appear around Valentine's Day and a few weeks afterwards on CMT (Country Music Television) on their Crossroads special (1 hour show). It hasn't aired in 6 or so weeks. Waiting for it to re-air some time (hopefully soon, so I can record it)... until (hopefully, it will be a DVD release at some point). I'm still waiting for the 2002 Austin City Limits Robert Plant show to be released officially (but I guess it's not going to happen).

R B)

I still have it recorded on my Tivo, and I watch it at least once a week. I think Alison has grown on me.

:D

It's on VH1 Classic channel and i've seen some of the best records ever made being discussed track by track by the artists, producers, or writer/critics. They've had Cream, Pink Floyd, the Who and many others. I would give a testicle to see Led Zeppelin featured on one of these shows.

Thoughts?

it has been done on dvd 'rock milestones' Led Zeppelin's 1V .

Thoughts?

I've seen most of VH1's Classic Albums and Concerts. They are great.

Pink Floyd was my favorite.

Are these the DVDs that brings in a whole bunch of nobody's and all they discuss how LZ IV affected their life which nobodys cares about.

That sounds like a forum, right?

No, you are referring to, A to Zeppelin or Led Zeppelin: The Making of a Supergroup.

While this is an unauthorised DVD, there are analyses of the songs, interviews with all members, radio broadcasts and some concert footage.

Coda :o:D:):(

just kidding!

it would have to be #4. the whole STH thing. Bonzo being parked in the brick hallway with his drum kit for WTLB.....the black dog that was in the studio with them.....BOEM....Bonzo using 2 sticks in each hand durring FS....the stories that could be told.

MY personal favorite would be either #1 or #2..

PG would not excite me as much considering only 8 of the tracks were new. although PG and #1 are my favorite albums....

The Doors will release their classic album on april 22nd.

Yes!! I'm all a-quiver about that one.

As for Led Zeppelin: sorry to be predictable, but I'd go with the fourth album. PG would be interesting but scatter-shot; In Through the Out Door would be fascinating but probably deeply depressing.