Coverdale on Zeppelin reunion

MrZoSo

He all but confirms he did indeed attend the 02 Arena concert on Jimmy's guest list, which I'd originally discussed here in December.

I don't think he actually does - we can all watch the DVD.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey, if Robert doesn't record or tour with them, maybe we can have DC join Jimmy, JPJ and Jason (and other special guests like Paul Rodgers , Brian May, etc...). :)

I really do hope Robert does record with them (3 J's).

R B)

This is a 'COME AND GET ME' plea if ever I heard it.

DC brings up the subject of Zep and makes a point of saying how he's friends with each member of the band, mentioning them by name.

Robert beware - if Zeppelin developements don't gather pace, you may find David sitting in your seat !

DC brings up the subject of Zep and makes a point of saying how he's friends with each member of the band, mentioning them by name.

Robert beware - if Zeppelin developements don't gather pace, you may find David sitting in your seat !

No way Jimmy would do that under the Zeppelin name.

That actually (partially) answered a lingering question I always had regarding JPJ.

I always wondered if people close to him called him John Baldwin or John Paul Jones. I guess for David Coverdale, the answer is "JP Jones?" then?

No way Jimmy would do that under the Zeppelin name.

:beer: True - and would he be able to do so legally anyway, if each member has rights to the name ?

It still sounds very much to me that DC would like a piece of the action, regardless of whether Jimmy would go for it or not - and under whatever name the band might go with.

That actually (partially) answered a lingering question I always had regarding JPJ.

I always wondered if people close to him called him John Baldwin or John Paul Jones. I guess for David Coverdale, the answer is "JP Jones?" then?

But he isn't close to him. He says he hadn't seen him in about 15 years before he saw him at this function. Which makes me wonder how he failed to bump into him at the O2. B)

I would like an opininon on this.... Who do you guys think is more of a poser, pompous ass, Robert or Coverdale?

I met Coverdale back in '84 and what little I remember he wasn't the most pleasant dude. So tell me what you guys think.

I would like an opininon on this.... Who do you guys think is more of a poser, pompous ass, Robert or Coverdale?

I met Coverdale back in '84 and what little I remember he wasn't the most pleasant dude. So tell me what you guys think.

I've met both many times and they both have their pluses and minuses.

I guess Robert has stayed truest to his roots, whilst Coverdale has totally changed everything from his accent to his face ( mega-surgery). I have a lot of time for Coverdale but he gets my vote as biggest poser/most pompous ass.

:beer: True - and would he be able to do so legally anyway, if each member has rights to the name ?

It still sounds very much to me that DC would like a piece of the action, regardless of whether Jimmy would go for it or not - and under whatever name the band might go with.

I don't hear that at all. I hear DC saying that he loves Jimmy and wants him to be happy and for him being denied that happiness would be a heartbreaking. I am not reading anything further then that.

I don't hear that at all. I hear DC saying that he loves Jimmy and wants him to be happy and for him being denied that happiness would be a heartbreaking. I am not reading anything further then that.

:beer: good on ya ! .... last thing this place needs is another jaundiced old cynic like me :lol:

I guess Robert has stayed truest to his roots, whilst Coverdale has totally changed everything from his accent to his face ( mega-surgery). I have a lot of time for Coverdale but he gets my vote as biggest poser/most pompous ass.

plant is pure class ... but coverdale can sure pump .... whoever gets offered and takes the gig will have the best voice ' at that time ' whatever happens the vocalist will be 'British & Blond'.

Yes, he is pompous but he's funny with it. I can't help but have a soft spot for him.

Btw, thanks MrZoSo for the link...great interview :D

Coverdale? No way, that would be lame and predictable, plus its already been done,

and had a very poor reception about 15 years ago. That would be a 'very' bad move.

Chris Cornell, now there's a guy who could really bring something to the table.

As far as there ever being another "Led Zeppelin" album, I personally hope that never happens, there's just no reason for it.

Jimmy Page owns the name lock, stock and barrel, but I doubt he ever would use it for an album, event or tour without JPJ and RP also being directly involved.

But he isn't close to him. He says he hadn't seen him in about 15 years before he saw him at this function. Which makes me wonder how he failed to bump into him at the O2. B)

Perhaps he didn't bump into him because he isn't close to him. B)

This has become our own verbal Wimbledon and it's fun. I know I can never win unless

I can find again the Coverdale quote which lead me to believe he attended. :D

Archived