Let's do some research - What do belive in?

Gainsbarre

What do you believe in?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Please answer thruthfully - what do you believe in?

• Some sort of existence after death
    • Psychic abilities
    • Ghosts/Spirit world
    • UFOs/Aliens
    • God and Heaven
    • Some sort of greater cosmic intelligence
    • All of the above
    • None of the above

I'm interested to know what people believe exists and what doesn't exist, so please answer as honestly as you can, or feel free to discuss what you believe, and hopefully we can build some statistics on what people believe or don't believe, and maybe profile that,

ooh Research, it's just so fun :D

I'm past the point of just believing I know their is an existence after death as I have been to Heaven and back in this lifetime.

I'm past the point of just believing I know psychic abilities exist because I've devoted my life to my Child Search (http://childsearchpsychic.tripod.com) activities since I found out I'm psychic in 1991 which has resulted in saving lives, and capturing kidnappers/murderes of women and children as well as preventing women from being drugged, raped and/or murdered.

As far as ghosts and spirit world go I've never seen a ghost however once while working on a case my Jerrold TV converter which ways about 4 ponds jumped off my TV set and slammed down in the middle of my livingroom, and in another incident while working on a case the stereo volume descended from about 8 on 10 to barely audible while I was checking out a case and immediately after having checked it out (which lasted like 30 seconds) the stereo volume jumped back up

I have always believed in U.F.O.s and Aliens.

I'm past the point of just believing in Heaven I know Heaven to be true as I have been there and back in this lifetime as for God well when I was looking down at my sister who was walking above the mist of the pink clouds of Heaven no one else was standing next to or above me. However immediately after having saved peoples lives and their pets from a burning building I automaticaly pointed my finger to the sky and yelled "You owe me one save my drums!!!" The building burnt for hours as firemen had trouble hooking up the hoses in the winter freezing cold weather. The building was totally destroyed. Third floor apartments collapsed to the basement. Every room in the building was either damaged or totally eliminated by the fire except for my bedroom

where my drums were.

As for some sort of greater cosmic intelligence if you count Heaven as cosmic intelligence then yes and again I'm past the point of just believing I in it because I know it to be true for I have been to Heaven and back in this lifetime.

Believe in, or allow the for the possibility of? How strong are you looking for? I don't believe any of them, but some I can't count out. Aliens for example.

well if your answer is "yeah I think there could be a possibility that aliens exist" then I would count that as a belief...

I'm more interested, in that case, in what people definately don't believe, what they're prepared to believe and what they definately don't believe

Ok, I voted for:

psychic ability's> I've never seen/ had any examples myself but think it's at least possible.

ufo's/ aliens> I don't think we are currently being visited by creatures from another planet. There is enough unexplained evidence to at least make it possible though. I do believe it's unlikely that we are alone in the universe.

Some sort of greater cosmic intelligence> I don't believe it currently, but don't rule it out.

The other three are all sort of the same, at least to me they are. I reject religion out of hand.

Pretty much "no" to all, but maybe 2 topics:

There is definetely other life forms in the universe, but more likely primitive, like a bacteria or plant. I don't expect aliens to visit us, or believe anything similar to a mammal exists elsewhere.

Reincarnation may be possible. Some moments of deja vu that I've experienced can't be attributed to much else. And things that are attributed to instinct need a better explanation. It would nice to think that living things that do evil will come back as another living thing that will be tormented as a punishment - like a fly or something. But now I'm insinuating that there is a greater power that would judge this. If there is a greater power, and they sit while all this crap goes on here on earth, than they're some sort of sicko...

Pretty much "no" to all, but maybe 2 topics:

There is definetely other life forms in the universe, but more likely primitive, like a bacteria or plant.

Yeah that's why I specified 'Aliens' because it is almost par for the course to believe in primitive life forms on other realms.

How you doin', Gains? Long time no see. Lookin' good ;)

Now this is something I definately believe in, hello ;) *kisskiss*

I believe in most of it.

I believe in something after this life, though whether it's Heaven, Hades, reincarnation, or what I don't know and won't know until I die.

I believe in Aliens because this universe is too big and yes, I believe it's quite possible there are aliens out there way more intelligent then we are, and maybe even know how to move around space faster then light. I even believe it may be possible that there is more then one "Earth" and there may be "humans" on that Earth, either more advanced or more primitive then we. And not in some different relaity, mind you, but in this same one. It is possible because the Universe is big enough for it to be possible. But have we been visited? I'll believe it when someone other then a down-home Redneck claims we have.

I believe in Ghosts because I believe in an afterlife.

I believe in psychic abilities because not only have I seen them, but I have had dreams that tell the future. In fact, I had a dream that saved my younger brother's life.

oooh, do tell...

I had a dream where I was driving back home from school. Near our house, my brother was walking home and I was falling asleep at the wheel. I look at the back of my brother's head then fall asleep at the wheel. No longer driving, I go onto the sidewalk and into my brother... fast. The scary thing about it, until I woke up, I thought it was real. I mean, I actually felt my head bouncing off the steering-wheel, hard.

About two weeks later, this scenario plays out exactly until the point where I look at the back of my brother's head. I remember the dream and pull onto the shoulder of the road before I can fall asleep at the wheel. He notices and comes back and asks me what was wrong. I told him I needed to rest. I was really tired. So he drove us both home (he had his permit at the time and it was less then a third of a mile away, anyways... and all side-roads).

To this day he only thinks I was tired. I never told him about the dream.

You mean "Heaven" as "a literal place in the clouds".. as "an afterlife destination".. as "a state of being".. or what? :unsure:

And why did you make "God and Heaven" once choice, Gaines? What if one believes in "something that might be called 'God'", but not in the sense that God is a human-formed being with a human gender who is perched in the clouds in a place called 'Heaven' and who serves as creator/judger? What if one believes "God" (if you wanna call it that) is 'Existence Itself'.. is 'Existence-Awareness-Bliss Inseparable'.. is 'Emptiness Itself'? I guess my question is: How in this poll does one indicate a belief in something that might be called "God" but not a belief in some literal place called "Heaven"?

:whistling:

anyway.. fun topic. ^_^

B)

:beer:

I met someone who claimed to be psychic at a party, her whole act was quite annoying. I heard she had an unfortunate miscarraige some time later, but didn't know she was pregnant. Some psychic powers...

I believe in them all! :D

We live in a multiverse don't we? Any and all possibilities exist out there and only in the present do they collapse into one reality. Any perceptions of the listed phenomena are just wrinkles in the time space continuum (sp?)

I believe there are things about this world humans could never understand, and if in time we came to understand it, it might be hard to take, or it might be life changing.

I don't believe in a "god", I think most religions especially those based around the iconic Jesus, are a farce. I do like religions that promote good nature like Buddhism, after all Buddha was a real person.

Aliens; I believe that there is another species of intelligent life out there or maybe in our own galaxy or planet. It would certainly explain huge advances in human technology since the dawn of man.

Ghosts/Spirits? Well, I've seen what I believed to be a ghost when I was a child, that was very real for me. I can't explain exactly what the entity was or why I saw it, I just know it was spiritual and real.

As for psychic abilites, maybe... I can't really judge because how could I know if someone was psychic or not, truly? One thing that strikes me as odd and unexplainable is alot of the time, I wake up and all through the day I'll have deja vu. Not remembering where I've been in a situation before, and alot of times I do remember, and the scenario I've seen in my dreams. Sounds crazy I know, but I can't explain it with any kind of understanding.

You mean "Heaven" as "a literal place in the clouds".. as "an afterlife destination".. as "a state of being".. or what? :unsure:

And why did you make "God and Heaven" once choice, Gaines?

lol, because at that time, I wasn't sure you could pick more than one option :P

And also I meant God and Heaven in the classical Judeo/Christian sense.

And also too, in people's beliefs, they mostly go together. I don't know too many people who believe in a religious God, but not some sort of heaven, and vice-versa

Archived