jimmy page on the cover of the new rolling stone

Jimmy's just taller than Eddie and the Mars Volta guitarist.

The back cover has Santana, John Mayer, Buddy Guy and Hammet on it.

I think they just wanted to balance out the eras (ages) of music.

Buddy and BB (earliest of group to current) --- both are seated

Jimmy and Carlos (60's to current) --- both behind seated persons in middle

Eddie and Kirk (late 70s/80's to current) --- both on left side

Mars Volta guy and John Mayer (newest) --- both on right side

R B)

Nicely done reids! Now, were they really all together in the flesh for the photo shoot? How cool would that be!

why is van halen in the front and kirk hammet on the back? hammet is way better.

jimmy looks kind of tall, probably standing on a box behind bb king!

:unsure: Clearly, there is no "box" under Jimmy's feet.

Anyways, don't you know that he "dances high, above the clouds" ? ? ? B)

So is this Mars Volta guy really good? I mean, he BETTER be, some serious company there...

Listen to them (esp. live) and you'll see why. They are fucking amazing. I honestly think people don't get them now but ten years from now, they'll be legends. Mind-blowing band!

P.S. Great cover BUT shit list (as usual)

As for cosmetic stuff, it sure looks like Jimmy has false teeth, at least on top. When he does interviews like the ones in Japan it seems like he's fiddling with them with his mouth as if it were a retainer. I don't like mentioning this, but it's hard to ignore.

As for cosmetic stuff, it sure looks like Jimmy has false teeth, at least on top. When he does interviews like the ones in Japan it seems like he's fiddling with them with his mouth as if it were a retainer. I don't like mentioning this, but it's hard to ignore.

here's video of the shoot-without page:

rolling stone link

here's video of the shoot-without page:

rolling stone link

I'm flippin' crackin up! First....I thought that Omar guys was EVH, thus my Johnny Depp remark. Talk about someone who's had his teeth fixed!! WOW! And he's blond now?! He looks better than he has in decades! (Duh, if I looked at the guitar...OK, I'm a 47 year old female letch who's eyes are getting shot, what can I say?!)

Awesome vid...just too bad there was no footage of Jimmy's shoot or Carlos's....I would have really, REALLY enjoyed that! Thanks for posting....sweet....

Oh, I don't think Jimmy has dentures.....He's surely spent his money on porclean veneers...they are nice but, I think they should have made them shaped a little more like his natural teeth were...still, nice job B)

BB and Buddy are awesome at their ages, I'm delighted for both of them too! Somone posted Jimmy's interview on the News forum....good read.

Avant Garde Mullet? I'm thinking he's got a hairdresser who charges him 100 pound sterling just to comb his hair!

For the record, Jimmy is the cutest 64 year old man in rock n' roll. Not that I would sleep with him, but he's still got that charm-your-panties-off smile from his prime. The ladies know what I'm talkin' about...

:D

He had his teeth done back in the 80s- they were rotten after his years of drug abuse.

Of course he may well have had them done again since.

And yes, those of you who always feel we have to play them off against each-other, we know Robert had his done too.

I'm flippin' crackin up! First....I thought that Omar guys was EVH, thus my Johnny Depp remark. Talk about someone who's had his teeth fixed!! WOW! And he's blond now?! He looks better than he has in decades! (Duh, if I looked at the guitar...OK, I'm a 47 year old female letch who's eyes are getting shot, what can I say?!)

Awesome vid...just too bad there was no footage of Jimmy's shoot or Carlos's....I would have really, REALLY enjoyed that! Thanks for posting....sweet....

Oh, I don't think Jimmy has dentures.....He's surely spent his money on porclean veneers...they are nice but, I think they should have made them shaped a little more like his natural teeth were...still, nice job B)

BB and Buddy are awesome at their ages, I'm delighted for both of them too! Somone posted Jimmy's interview on the News forum....good read.

Lately everyone's smile looks unnaturally white to me. I know, they all have the money to get their teeth looking lovely, and I go to a great dentist who is making mine look pretty good lately (as he slowly drains my bank account) but... I have to put shades on when looking at pictures of famous people, anymore. B)

But I digress. Jimmy looks wonderful! Does my heart good to see him stand on his own surrounded by his peers, getting the recognition he deserves.

And BB King at 82!! Wow! God bless and keep him!

All the interviews are a delight to read, and the pix are great. The list is lame, but then again, it is Rolling Stone...

Avant Garde Mullet? I'm thinking he's got a hairdresser who charges him 100 pound sterling just to comb his hair!

For the record, Jimmy is the cutest 64 year old man in rock n' roll. Not that I would sleep with him, but he's still got that charm-your-panties-off smile from his prime. The ladies know what I'm talkin' about...

:D

:lol: No doubt on the hair thing. Also, the charm thing.

Deezer, first off I LOVE your avatar! After Jimmy SRV is one of my other fave guitar players....did anything of his make the top 100?!!!! I saw him in concert about 3 weeks before is fatal crash. The energy that man emitted! I mean, you could feel his sweat even in the cheap seats!

Um, Robert had his teeth done too? Obviously by Dentists R Us....he could use a little stlying...

Speaking of which...I volunteer, I'll do Jimmy's hair for 1/2 price and do it even better. He still has georgous hair! Would love to style that!

And yes, love the army jacket look on him too! Does he look like he's lost a couple pounds? His neck looks really good. I'd say he's preparing for.......'something'..... :whistling:

So is this Mars Volta guy really good? I mean, he BETTER be, some serious company there...

Omar is a talented musician and The Mars Volta are an awesome band. Their sound mix progressive, rock and punk with latin and jazz influences.. . Their live shows are quite intense and pretty full on! Something to experience. In my opinion, they are one of the most innovative bands of the last few years.

Check this out! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44icw67WE7s

Omar is the man. Good to see him get some recognition, when so many others, that aren't in the same leage as him, have gotten it for so long. He's the best guitarist in a new band since probably Slash.

He's the resident creative genius and musical director for TMV as well. Has several albums mapped out already, and constantly recording and writing. The guitarists' equivalent to Josh Freese.

Okay now that I have my copy, I'm looking with a microscope to find Jeff Beck's Bolero and it isn't even mentioned. They gave him a whopping #59 for Freeway Jam. 'Scuse me while they kiss my ass at #2. Rolling Stone has always blown haggis.

ps-it's funny how this thread went from Jimmy's hair to his teeth? Nobody mentioned his glass eye...

:lol:

Okay now that I have my copy, I'm looking with a microscope to find Jeff Beck's Bolero and it isn't even mentioned. They gave him a whopping #59 for Freeway Jam. 'Scuse me while they kiss my ass at #2. Rolling Stone has always blown haggis.

ps-it's funny how this thread went from Jimmy's hair to his teeth? Nobody mentioned his glass eye...

:lol:

Would I?

B)

why is van halen in the front and kirk hammet on the back? hammet is way better.

jimmy looks kind of tall, probably standing on a box behind bb king!

Jimmy's photo's as well as the rest of them were taken seperately and photoshopped together to make it appear as they were all in the same room together, they weren't.

1. Jimmy looks great.. he appears to look very happy and content in any pictures you see of him lately.

2. The list sucks.. why do I pay money for this magazine??

3. Eddie Van Halen??? That man owes me $92.00 for that crappy concert I saw last month!

You have a list of 100 songs and you have songs by bands most people wouldn't even know ahead of Achilles Last Stand? Zeppelin fanatic or not...when you rank things like that you lose credibility. Fact is, Zeppelin was so far superior it wouldn't be fair to include so many of theur songs. Are you really going to tell me that Smells like Teen Spirit is a greater guitar song then Black Dog?

Archived