it's kinda sad...

zetty twine

...to see how, um, old they are looking. Then again, they probably have more energy than me, and hell, at least they are still ROCKING!

I hope when I get their age I have their get up and go....

Zetty, I think I know what you mean. I am not quite sure that "sad" is the word that I would choose but I do get what you're saying. I do feel a pang and a wave of nostalgia when I see them now because I do remember them from back in the day, when they were all young and seemingly invincible and all four Zep members were alive and at their peak. I know it sounds like a cliché, but seeing the recent pics of them reminds me of how short our time here is. Seems like only yesterday...

sadder if they were still trying to look twenty - but I do know what you mean.

Jimmy's still one of the hottest things going, though...

*Did someone leave the drooling smiley at the old board? I kind of need it right about now...*

Jimmy looks a hell of a lot better than he did in 1982!

I don't feel those nostalgia pangs or whatnot. Well maybe when I look in the mirror! With that age comes the amazing musical journeys they've taken over the last 40 years+. Every crease, every wrinkle brings with it more soul. Raising Sand reminds me of that.

I don't think they look bad. But I will say that when I saw pictures of Jimmy with white hair, I was speechless. It was such a change from the old pictures we see. He looks so much healthier, but it was a change. Robert looks good too. He looks like I thought he would. Jonsey looks different, older but not worse or not better than I figured. Jimmy's change was the most drastic, but it was a good one.

I think Robert looks much hotter now than he did back then, perhaps because my own taste has changed with the years, but I sure don't feel sad when I look at him! (We DEFINITELY need that drooling smilie back!)

I agree. I think they look fantastic.

When was the last time JP looked as happy, healthy and well rested???

1154-1.jpg

Zetty, I think I know what you mean. I am not quite sure that "sad" is the word that I would choose but I do get what you're saying. I do feel a pang and a wave of nostalgia when I see them now because I do remember them from back in the day, when they were all young and seemingly invincible and all four Zep members were alive and at their peak. I know it sounds like a cliché, but seeing the recent pics of them reminds me of how short our time here is. Seems like only yesterday...

Am I the only one here who remembers them from back in the day and feels just a little bit of a pang? :huh: I can’t speak for the OP but I see, from the responses, I interpreted what he/she wrote differently than everyone else who posted. That may be because I am reading the post from my own perspective. When I read “kinda sad” I didn’t interpret it as “depressing” (and I don’t think the OP doesn’t recognize that the band members are looking good or realize that people get old or acknowledge that they look better than they have in years). I interpreted “kinda sad” as "wistful." I suppose that I reacted differently because I have such clear, sweet memories of that time when all four band members were alive and all were still in their twenties. :'(

Am I the only one here who remembers them from back in the day and feels just a little bit of a pang? :huh: I can’t speak for the OP but I see, from the responses, I interpreted what he/she wrote differently than everyone else who posted. That may be because I am reading the post from my own perspective. When I read “kinda sad” I didn’t interpret it as “depressing” (and I don’t think the OP doesn’t recognize that the band members are looking good or realize that people get old or acknowledge that they look better than they have in years). I interpreted “kinda sad” as "wistful." I suppose that I reacted differently because I have such clear, sweet memories of that time when all four band members were alive and all were still in their twenties. :'(

I don't feel a pang either. For me, life is about moving forward and it's great to reflect on the past in terms of what you experienced and take those lessons forward - as the band members have done. So while I think of their Zep days with great enthusiasm because I love their music, I don't look at them now and get anything other than great smiles at how happy and healthy and energetic they all are. And more importantly, still blessing us with music.

I don't feel a pang either. For me, life is about moving forward and it's great to reflect on the past in terms of what you experienced and take those lessons forward - as the band members have done. So while I think of their Zep days with great enthusiasm because I love their music, I don't look at them now and get anything other than great smiles at how happy and healthy and energetic they all are. And more importantly, still blessing us with music.

If you weren't around back in the day, I wouldn't expect you to feel a pang. I have moved forward and have lived an incredible, rich, wonderful life since those days. I have just recently felt compelled to look back - for the first time in decades. The pang doesn't come from looking back and not forward - instead, it's a bittersweet feeling that comes from remembering something from my youth. I learned some incredible things from Zep. I cherish what they taught me and I always will.

If you weren't around back in the day, I wouldn't expect you to feel a pang. I have moved forward and have lived an incredible, rich, wonderful life since those days. I have just recently felt compelled to look back - for the first time in decades. The pang doesn't come from looking back and not forward - instead, it's a bittersweet feeling that comes from remembering something from my youth. I learned some incredible things from Zep. I cherish what they taught me and I always will.

I am entirely pang-free also, and I was around back in the day--way, way back in the day :ph34r: --which is why it doesn't bother me in the slightest that they're older, because so am I, like you. And these days more maturity is something I find to be a very positive quality, not a negative--I wouldn't be a teenager again if you paid me, for example--and I find the guys in the band more interesting now they're older. Not to mention, as I may have mentioned once or twice, in fact, hotter. :ph34r::ph34r:

I am entirely pang-free also, and I was around back in the day--way, way back in the day :ph34r: --which is why it doesn't bother me in the slightest that they're older, because so am I, like you. And these days more maturity is something I find to be a very positive quality, not a negative--I wouldn't be a teenager again if you paid me, for example--and I find the guys in the band more interesting now they're older. Not to mention, as I may have mentioned once or twice, in fact, hotter. :ph34r::ph34r:

I recognize that you were also around back in the day but my guess is that your Zep experiences were vastly different from my own (which I cannot/will not detail on a public forum) so I wouldn't expect you to feel the little pang that I feel.. My response to the OP has nothing to do with my being bothered about getting older or wanting to be a teenager again. btw, nothing that anyone can write here will change my memories, perceptions, or feelings about my LZ experiences - and that is a good thing.

I think they look great! There's a maturity but youthful energy and passion and it's fantastic. I'm glad they didn't do the nip/tuck thing or pretend to be or act like they're still 20.

:thumbsup:

My thoughts, pretty much!

I think they look great! There's a maturity but youthful energy and passion and it's fantastic. I'm glad they didn't do the nip/tuck thing or pretend to be or act like they're still 20.

What does it mean to pretend to act 20 ? :huh: Too much fun ? Showing too much energy ? Still enjoying the things you enjoyed at age 20 ?

We are EVERY age up to what we are. 20 is still inside these guys. They can pretend to be one day older, they're not there yet. But to be as anything you've been up to the point in your life...is just who you are.

Act your age ? What does that mean ? It's cumulative.....I'm still 5, 10, 20...and even 50. It's all part of my makeup.

Tell you the truth...some of their actions and antics are still as if they're 20 and I like it....:D

What does it mean to pretend to act 20 ? :huh: Too much fun ? Showing too much energy ? Still enjoying the things you enjoyed at age 20 ?

We are EVERY age up to what we are. 20 is still inside these guys. They can pretend to be one day older, they're not there yet. But to be as anything you've been up to the point in your life...is just who you are.

Act your age ? What does that mean ? It's cumulative.....I'm still 5, 10, 20...and even 50. It's all part of my makeup.

Tell you the truth...some of their actions and antics are still as if they're 20 and I like it....:D

I'm not talking about youthful spirit to which I would agree with you - they still have that and it's an admirable quality in anyone. I'm thinking more in regards to a level of immaturity, which is not the same thing as a youthful spirit.

Archived