Sammy Hagar band to rival Zep

Maybe we just all have different taste on what a "voice" should be, but I think the guy sings pretty good...raspy, but it's rock n' roll..right? If your going off of the VH era, Dave was the original so people tend to like him more and he was also a showman above and beyond his voice, but Sammy was a better singer/musician then Roth, just my opinion...

Roth had an interesting voice, but he was by no means a great singer. Just watch this video:

I dont know much about -joe satriani's music, so it sounds like it will be a great opportunity for him. I thought -audioslave were very good, but this group doesnt seem interesting.

On the quick -led zeppelin comment, c'mon he's just trying to sell this new band. Its sort of sad, the circus like sales schemes, when so many great musicians never get heard of.

Wait wait wait!! *Giggling hysterically* Let him prove that they rival Zeppelin,a good time will be had by all!

I could go down to the bus stop and collect a bunch of random "musicians" and call them a "Supergroup to rival zeppelin"-does that make it so?

Ok,my honest opinion is this,remember when Page teamed up with David Coverdale?He did it to piss off Robert and draw him out of hiding to play with him in Page & Plant,Sammy is doing the same thing to get his old friend Eddie back,it's a cry for help,he just wants to be loved,can't you see that?Let the poor man have his "supergroup"!

With the almight Satch as the guitarist, they are bound to be good. :D

You guys are taking this shit way too seriously. It was more of a friendly jab than an arrogant comment. If anyone says anything remotely bad about Zep, even if it isn't serious you guys are all over it like flies on shit. Take a chill pill.

You guys are taking this shit way too seriously. It was more of a friendly jab than an arrogant comment. If anyone says anything remotely bad about Zep, even if it isn't serious you guys are all over it like flies on shit. Take a chill pill.

KILL THE TRAITOR!!!

It appears that Hagar has high hopes and great expectations for this new group. When asked what fans can expect, Hagar compares the sound to Led Zeppelin and says "it's as good as that." He goes on to say, "We could rival Zep."

Of course he name-drops Led Zeppelin because had he said any other band it wouldn't receive any notice in the press. So Hager is the equivalent to Plant in any respect? Michael Anthony as versatile as JPJ? Satriani on par at all with Page? Give me a break.

Of course he name-drops Led Zeppelin because had he said any other band it wouldn't receive any notice in the press. So Hager is the equivalent to Plant in any respect? Michael Anthony as versatile as JPJ? Satriani on par at all with Page? Give me a break.

Satch is technically better than Page,but as an android he has no concept of "emotion" or other strange feelings,i sometimes wonder if he is Vulcan.

Satch is technically better than Page,but as an android he has no concept of "emotion" or other strange feelings,i sometimes wonder if he is Vulcan.

Agreed. Jimmy's always put his emphasis on emotive playing as opposed to technical precision. I do enjoy the track 'Andalucia' from Joe's newest album, but the rest of the

album is Vulcan lounge music.

Agreed. Jimmy's always put his emphasis on emotive playing as opposed to technical precision. I do enjoy the track 'Andalucia' from Joe's newest album, but the rest of the

album is Vulcan lounge music.

You want a new Satch song?Stick a gameboy in the microwave for 10 minutes on high,you'll have pretty much the same effect,although i agree he has a real gem or two in his back catalog.

What do you expect from the official zeppelin fan club forum??

Us to say, of course the band will be as good as zep. Please!

Roth had an interesting voice, but he was by no means a great singer. Just watch this video:

Holy cow....... he looked like he was waking up from the worst crack hangover nightmare ever while he was singing...nightmarishly on a crack hangover.

Is that HIS version of raising sand????????? LOLOLOLOLOL

I responded to basically the same story in the Other Bands section a couple of weeks back, and in thinking about it I've come to the conclusion that anybody Sammy's age putting together a band with a guitar hero, and a funky drummer is always going to hold up LZ as the benchmark for their new project.

As they should.

Well put.

Is he going to seriously rival Zeppelin? No, but if I was Sammy Hagar I would have that lofty of an expectation.

:lol: ...and again... well put.

It appears that Hagar has high hopes and great expectations for this new group. When asked what fans can expect, Hagar compares the sound to Led Zeppelin and says "it's as good as that." He goes on to say, "We could rival Zep."

Let's not get carried away now, Sammy. :hysterical:

I have to echo everyone who said people took this way too seriously. Obviously Sammy was being over the top. He would be the first one to say he was kidding. Sammy doesn't take himself THAT seriously. He's a partying rocker. He's having fun and he's enthusiastic. Rival Zeppelin? Please! He's just excited about his project.

Remember Lennon saying the Beatles were bigger than Jesus?

Or Robert Plant saying "I am a golden god"?

Do you really think they meant that? Cut Sammy some slack!

In fact, appreciate Sammy for citing Zeppelin as the band to be the measure of greatness! :beer:

I have to echo everyone who said people took this way too seriously. Obviously Sammy was being over the top. He would be the first one to say he was kidding. Sammy doesn't take himself THAT seriously. He's a partying rocker. He's having fun and he's enthusiastic. Rival Zeppelin? Please! He's just excited about his project.

Remember Lennon saying the Beatles were bigger than Jesus?

Or Robert Plant saying "I am a golden god"?

Do you really think they meant that? Cut Sammy some slack!

In fact, appreciate Sammy for citing Zeppelin as the band to be the measure of greatness! :beer:

I couldn't agree more. I think some people on this site tend to get very defensive about the smallest things and also like to argue alot. I haven't read a post (the frequently viewed ones) on here that didn't have at least one smart ass comment out of the bunch. I think Sammy's just excited about his project. And just to set the record straight, I have old MTV videos from years ago of VH being interviewed, and Sammy brags on Zeppelin several times and goes on to say that all the members of Montrose were Zeppelin "freaks". (For all you non believers). Do I think his band can rival Zeppelin? NO! - Nobody can ( just my opinion) But the guy is a good singer, and he seems really cool. If ya'll are gonna get mad at somebody, keep adding comments to the Ted Nugent post. Now that's a guy who deserves every bit of harsh treatment. That dude has issues..........

Ridiculous claim. <_<

I would slap him in his ballsack, but he has cited the Zeppelin as pretty much his greatest influence... What can I say, the dude has taste.

Besides, I think we can all agree that without Van Halen, the 80's would've been a whole helluva lot gayer. B)

Archived