New Jimmy Interview

ledwallett

Fabricating the story that he fell in his yard doesn't make sense. It's too elaborate. They would have said there was a family illness or production delays or something else, but the fall-in-the-garden incident makes Page look like an old bloke who took a stumble in his yard - that hardly keeps up the appearence of rock-god does it?

bizzare gardening accident huh???...he's lucky to be alive!!! :huh:

from the Mojo interview... here's Page & Jones actually receiving the 2008 Mojo Award for best live act (by the magazine's readers) and their speech:

R B)

Thanks for the link reids. Delighted that JPJ and Jimmy (and the editor of Mojo) heaped well deserved praise on Jason, and of course that they won! :)

There were all sorts of conspiracy rumours - the main one being that they weren't ready. But it's ridiculous and illogical - if they needed to postpone the concert, they would have used a better excuse. Fabricating the story that he fell in his yard doesn't make sense. It's too elaborate. They would have said there was a family illness or production delays or something else, but the fall-in-the-garden incident makes Page look like an old bloke who took a stumble in his yard - that hardly keeps up the appearence of rock-god does it?

That's how I felt about the "conspiracy rumors" as well. If one is too embarrassed to admit one needs more rehearsal time, why would one come up with an even more embarrassing "lie" like stumbling in the garden? He stumbled, he's human, they rehearsed, they rocked. Simple.

Glad to be of service. I think we all need a bit of support in getting through the following:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

:D You said it.

I'm approaching the Acceptance stage. I'll be very happy if I ever get to see Mr. Page perform... if Jones, Bonham, and even Plant are with him, so much the better, but not necessary.

from the Mojo interview... here's Page & Jones actually receiving the 2008 Mojo Award for best live act (by the magazine's readers) and their speech:

R B)

Wonderful, thank you! Really loved the intro by the editor, too.

Thanks for the link reids. Delighted that JPJ and Jimmy (and the editor of Mojo) heaped well deserved praise on Jason, and of course that they won! :)

Nice---thanks for the link.

:D You said it.

I'm approaching the Acceptance stage. I'll be very happy if I ever get to see Mr. Page perform... if Jones, Bonham, and even Plant are with him, so much the better, but not necessary.

Wonderful, thank you! Really loved the intro by the editor, too.

You're very welcome. :) Thanks. :D

Y'all are great!!! :) Happy, too, that Jason was mentioned by both of them.

Just really glad that Page and JPJ were there and there's actually a magazine that let's the fans voice what/who we already know to be the very best live act/band of last year (hands down)...

We also know, that when the O2 show is officially released on DVD and cd/dvd-audio, that it will win all kinds of other awards, too!!!

R B)

He is so wise...about not wanting to persuade anyone to do anything - it must come from their heart. This is the sort of 'do what thou wilt' philosophy I wish people understood about Page's interest in Crowley.

I also like the acceptance speech one - where he lets JPJ speak. The interplay between those 2 seems to be working very well.

It's time. Zeppelin was the greatest band to walk the earth, let the o2 show be their farewell. Almost 30 years have passed since they were an everyday working band , and they are not young men anymore. To be the band they once were is impossible even under the best of circumstances. I am just glad RP, JP, and JPJ are still with us and whatever musical statement they make either individually or on their own should be celebrated by all of their fans.

Helllllllllllll no.

None of their individual efforts has ever amounted to anything as significant as another Zeppelin album or tour.

This is undisputable fact.

I don't give two shits about bluegrass, which constitutes a glorification of humming.

Screw what Robert's doing. Andropause has done a number on him. Don't go Michael Douglas on us Robert. We just want you to SIGN WITH ZEPPELIN and do your best, screw the supposed persona or hype. The mirror will be easier to look into. BTW, I really like your singing, TODAY, just not without Zep anymore. You say the Zep stuff is old...your bullshit charade of pretending to find value and solace in new wonderful horizons with pastel colors and 'unassuming' assertiveness (the university student hypocrisy) IS GETTING EVEN OLDER. IT'S LIKE WHEN A CHILD DROPS DOWN TO MASTURBATE IN THE STORE AND THE SHOPKEEPERS PRETEND NOT TO NOTICE NOT TO EMBARRASS THE PARENTS.

Stop jerking off Robert, we can see you. NO. WRONG. This is NOT good. You are NOT doing the right for you, for history, for music, for anything. You can hum next to the machines in the heating room between rehearsals for Zeppelin if you wanna check for new harmonies. My washing machine sounds better than your Raising Sand crap. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

WE ARE SICK OF YOUR CRAP.

I SAW YOU LIVE. LOVED you. YOUR BAND WAS SHIIIIIIT.

Do something significant, become the phoenix. What you will do with Zeppelin will be as magical as of old precisely because of the ominousness of the occasion. And we all expect more from you because there's 'a lot left where that came from'.

thankyou ! my bloody sound card aint working aaaaarrrrrrrrrgh but just seeing them looking so happy is a treat. i just giggle when i watch the last second or so, where jimmy kinda shrugs and gives a goofy lil smile......so cute!

Helllllllllllll no.

None of their individual efforts has ever amounted to anything as significant as another Zeppelin album or tour.

This is undisputable fact.

I don't give two shits about bluegrass, which constitutes a glorification of humming.

Screw what Robert's doing. Andropause has done a number on him. Don't go Michael Douglas on us Robert. We just want you to SIGN WITH ZEPPELIN and do your best, screw the supposed persona or hype. The mirror will be easier to look into. BTW, I really like your singing, TODAY, just not without Zep anymore. You say the Zep stuff is old...your bullshit charade of pretending to find value and solace in new wonderful horizons with pastel colors and 'unassuming' assertiveness (the university student hypocrisy) IS GETTING EVEN OLDER. IT'S LIKE WHEN A CHILD DROPS DOWN TO MASTURBATE IN THE STORE AND THE SHOPKEEPERS PRETEND NOT TO NOTICE NOT TO EMBARRASS THE PARENTS.

Stop jerking off Robert, we can see you. NO. WRONG. This is NOT good. You are NOT doing the right for you, for history, for music, for anything. You can hum next to the machines in the heating room between rehearsals for Zeppelin if you wanna check for new harmonies. My washing machine sounds better than your Raising Sand crap. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

WE ARE SICK OF YOUR CRAP.

I SAW YOU LIVE. LOVED you. YOUR BAND WAS SHIIIIIIT.

Do something significant, become the phoenix. What you will do with Zeppelin will be as magical as of old precisely because of the ominousness of the occasion. And we all expect more from you because there's 'a lot left where that came from'.

Nothing personal, my issue is with Robert Plant, playing the role of the senior husband starting to cheat when he enters retirement, doing something wrong when it makes the least possible sense.

He owes you nothing.

Thank you! That was great to see. :D

He is so wise...about not wanting to persuade anyone to do anything - it must come from their heart. This is the sort of 'do what thou wilt' philosophy I wish people understood about Page's interest in Crowley.

I also like the acceptance speech one - where he lets JPJ speak. The interplay between those 2 seems to be working very well.

The interplay there between Jimmy and Joneys is lovely to see. I hope it portends good things to come. :)

We'll all just keep our Collective Conscious positive, optimisitic, and without doubt...we'll do a little group majick on Jimmy :D I'm certain we'll be seeing his new projects soon. He has a new sense of youthful excitement and energy about him these days, loving it!!

Thanks everyone for sharing your pics, links, posts, and positive thoughts! Maybe we should start a new thread "Daily positive affirmations for 09' :lol:

He owes you nothing.

Do you or any of you think I am so retarded as to expect whatever was implicitly meant in 'he owes you nothing'?

Whatever that chimercial tautology meant, I disagree with its purpose, the motive behind it.

If it was in my measure to accomplish something magical, wonderful, stupendous, cathartic, etc. and I would instead choose to hone my origami skills up to an intermediate level instead, would it be right?

It is not here a question of owing anything to anyone, nor has it ever been.

And no, it is not up to us to DETERMINE what is best to do. It has already been determined independently from any individual will.

It remains to be seen if what is best is what will be chosen.

'He owes you nothing' - that answer really wasn't worth much to me. An acephalopod would belch something more cohesive at me with its cloaque, i.e. no shit, Sherlock

If he choses to record an album with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham, it will be the best, most fruitful possible thing to be done by himself and his bandmates.

What he is currently doing is the contrary of that.

Led Zeppelin's era was not a psychosis. It is something immense which was created by its members. It would be a good thing to put a new seal on that, a live one, an honest and true one, from the heart, rather than from the blues, In Through the Out Door.

Fardoche Mavusta, I agree totally with you. I too am sick and tired of Plants antics. What you will soon find out is that all the Plant apologist - kool aid drinkers out there will start to curse and ridicule you because you see through Plants rubish. Then, the next step will be that you are labeled a BIG BAD TROLL.

Fardoche Mavusta, I agree totally with you. I too am sick and tired of Plants antics. What you will soon find out is that all the Plant apologist - kool aid drinkers out there will start to curse and ridicule you because you see through Plants rubish. Then, the next step will be that you are labeled a BIG BAD TROLL.

:)

Do you or any of you think I am so retarded as to expect whatever was implicitly meant in 'he owes you nothing'?

Whatever that chimercial tautology meant, I disagree with its purpose, the motive behind it.

If it was in my measure to accomplish something magical, wonderful, stupendous, cathartic, etc. and I would instead choose to hone my origami skills up to an intermediate level instead, would it be right?

It is not here a question of owing anything to anyone, nor has it ever been.

And no, it is not up to us to DETERMINE what is best to do. It has already been determined independently from any individual will.

It remains to be seen if what is best is what will be chosen.

'He owes you nothing' - that answer really wasn't worth much to me. An acephalopod would belch something more cohesive at me with its cloaque, i.e. no shit, Sherlock

If he choses to record an album with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham, it will be the best, most fruitful possible thing to be done by himself and his bandmates.

What he is currently doing is the contrary of that.

Led Zeppelin's era was not a psychosis. It is something immense which was created by its members. It would be a good thing to put a new seal on that, a live one, an honest and true one, from the heart, rather than from the blues, In Through the Out Door.

Also, just in case the reunion album and tour are being kept a secret in the absolute best possible fashion, as it would be now if it were the case (Robert's antics, etc.), job well done.

If not, grandest shame...biblical shame.... 'young Ripped Condom finding out how native Indians are named in front of all his friends' shame

If it has already been determined independently, then why are you getting upset with Robert?

I think you are falsely deifying Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin to argue that if RP doesn't agree to tour it is some cosmic injustice that he has wrought upon the universe.

Archived